ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Moorhead, EXACTLY the kind of coach I DONT want

What do we have here??? Let's "further review" the three posters who "liked" 21 Guns original post.

thecoolestfish, artsandletters and LaJolla Lion like this.

That is correct. tcf, a&l, and LaJ all favored "not hiring" Joe Moorhead. "Likes" are telling. Three posters have some splainin' to do.

Perhaps they're "racist"?

If you visit each of their profile pages, it shows that they liked the post today. So probably a sarcastic like.

What do we have here??? Let's "further review" the three posters who "liked" 21 Guns original post.

thecoolestfish, artsandletters and LaJolla Lion like this.

That is correct. tcf, a&l, and LaJ all favored "not hiring" Joe Moorhead. "Likes" are telling. Three posters have some splainin' to do.

Perhaps they're "racist"?

I just 'liked' the post 5 minutes ago - because i found it beautifully entertaining - you idiot.

I just 'liked' the post 5 minutes ago - because i found it beautifully entertaining - you idiot.
I gave you a "like" for no other reason than knowing you lost another 25 hair follicles (scales??? ) today while I didnt lose any. Please post pics so we can judge whether you "look like Franklin" or are "very close to resembling Franklin". :)

Last edited:
Reactions: m.knox
I gave you a "like" for no other reason than knowing you lost another 25 hair follicles (scales??? ) today while I didnt lose any. Please post pics so we can judge whether you "look like Franklin" or are "very close to resembling Franklin". :)

Is this supposed to be an insult? I'd rather look like Franklin than Jerred Fogel (pre-subway), like you.

Edit: Oh, forgot the :)

Ding, ding, ding!!! Peetz is still under upset James can coach. :D
The comedy gold is that he "can't coach". The halftime and post- game interviews are beyond embarrassing.

Urban Meyer, Kevin Wilson, Mark Dantonio and most every other head coach give knowledgeable, intelligent answers during interviews that clearly demonstrate that they know the X's and O's of basic football and are "immersed" in what is going on with every play and detail of the game.

Franklin, when not blubbering, speaks in "generalist" terms about "too many penalties", "cleaning things up" and "needing to do a better job".

He has little interest in the details of what is happening play-to-play and appears to have the football IQ of a "juice box"

When, not if, Moorhead and/or Pry leave....we're going to see Franklin at his "finest".

Sorry....I'm just the bearer of objectivity. Meanwhile, I'm immensely thankful for Moorhead, Limegrover, Pry, Spencer and Huff.

That Terry Smith guy needs to step-up and teach his "students" how to tackle. His "teaching technique", to date, is woeful. Perhaps that Ricky Rayne guy can show and demand how to "hit low" "wrap up" and "drive to the ground". :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The comedy gold is that he "can't coach". The halftime and post- game interviews are beyond embarrassing.

Urban Meyer, Kevin Wilson, Mark Dantonio and most every other head coach give knowledgeable, intelligent answers during interviews that clearly demonstrate that they know the X's and O's of basic football and are "immersed" in what is going on with every play and detail of the game.

Franklin, when not blubbering, speaks in "generalist" terms about "too many penalties" and "cleaning things up". He has little interst in the details of what is happening play-to-play and appears to have the football IQ of a "juice box"

When, not if, Moorhead and/or Pry leave....we're going to see Franklin at his "finest".

Who cares if he gives X's and O's answers to some dopey on field reporter. So that proves someone can coach? Part of the job of the head coach is making personnel decisions and Pry and Moorhead seem to be pretty good decisions. The players are buying in and the results speak for themselves.

Franklin, when not blubbering, speaks in "generalist" terms about "too many penalties" and "cleaning things up". He has little interest in the details of what is happening play-to-play and appears to have the football IQ of a "juice box"

Sorry....I'm just the bearer of objectivity.
Wait a minute...I want to make sure that I'm understanding your position. You're saying that what a coach says in halftime and postgame interviews is a better indicator of "quality coaching" than results on the field. hmmmm, ok.

Franklin, when not blubbering, speaks in "generalist" terms about "too many penalties" and "cleaning things up". He has little interst in the details of what is happening play-to-play and appears to have the football IQ of a "juice box"

Hmmmmm how many halftime interviews did Joe give where he spoke in "generalist" terms? I don't recall him giving coaching seminars to the interviewers. Besides, it's a 30 second interview.

When/if Pry and Moorehead leave, he'll hire an equally competent replacement. Because the jobs are already much more attractive than they were when he first took over.

Reactions: BBrown and Ski

Franklin, when not blubbering, speaks in "generalist" terms about "too many penalties", "cleaning things up" and "needing to do a better job".

He has little interest in the details of what is happening play-to-play and appears to have the football IQ of a "juice box"

Sorry....I'm just the bearer of objectivity. Meanwhile, I'm immensely thankful for Moorhead, Limegrover, Pry and Spencer.

That Terry Smith guy needs to teach his "students" how to tackle.

I love idiots who trash a coach and/or team and then throw in the caveat that they're just being objective. Only seeing the negatives is not being objective just as much as only seeing the positives is not being objective. You don't like Franklin therefore you're not objective.

Sorry....I'm just the bearer of objectivity. Meanwhile, I'm immensely thankful for Moorhead, Limegrover, Pry and Spencer.

That Terry Smith guy needs to step-up and teach his "students" how to tackle. His "teaching technique", to date, is woeful.
Perhaps he should be more like Urban with this insiteful interview.

http://scores.espn.com/video/clip?id=17514295

Reactions: BBrown

That Terry Smith guy needs to step-up and teach his "students" how to tackle. His "teaching technique", to date, is woeful.
Tough season for you. Maybe you and Miles can hug it out? I love watching twits like you move the line. Pure comedy!!!!

The funniest thing about this tool bringing this thread back, is that about one month after I made this post, I took it all back, after having time to study Moorheads' offense, system, and track record. Then, I went on RECORD as saying that I was wrong in my initial response.

Toolbag won't bring that up though, because little people who want to beg for message board buddies and get "likes" and pile on, just want to pile on the people who the little clique hates the most, lmao.

No, I don't need a link Brown, but the link is there, about a month after this thread came out. Hope you liked my last link, oh that's right, that's the link that shut you up.

21 Guns and his "pesky but generally accurate" views.

Generally accurate?

Like, as often as a ..............one page calendar? Maybe?

Probably not

If 21 Guns says the Sun will rise in the East.......the smart money is going on West

Being wrong is kinda' like a "super-hero" power with old "5th Place in States" Guns

Last edited:

Sorry....I'm just the bearer of objectivity. Meanwhile, I'm immensely thankful for Moorhead, Limegrover, Pry, Spencer and Huff.

That Terry Smith guy needs to step-up and teach his "students" how to tackle. His "teaching technique", to date, is woeful. Perhaps that Ricky Rayne guy can show and demand how to "hit low" "wrap up" and "drive to the ground". :rolleyes:
Let's save you some time wrt your "coaching commentaries":

When JVP descends from the Heavens, and is once again coaching at PSU, we'll let you know

Until then, I think we can all safely assume that no PSU coach is gonna' garner your support

Now - that that's out of the way - we can all save a lot of time and words :)

Reactions: LaJolla Lion

You are a complete idiot. I really hope there is some tongue in cheek going on here but I doubt it.

Reactions: Judge Smails
The funniest thing about this tool bringing this thread back, is that about one month after I made this post, I took it all back, after having time to study Moorheads' offense, system, and track record. Then, I went on RECORD as saying that I was wrong in my initial response.

Toolbag won't bring that up though, because little people who want to beg for message board buddies and get "likes" and pile on, just want to pile on the people who the little clique hates the most, lmao.

No, I don't need a link Brown, but the link is there, about a month after this thread came out. Hope you liked my last link, oh that's right, that's the link that shut you up.
It would seem you have a problem with premature exclamations.

Did I miss the part where you walked back your statements on Fries playing against OSU, and PSU only winning 4 games this season? ;)

LOLOLOLOLOL

This is what you always do -- You make an actual prediction/projection (that has been wrong 100% of the time so far), then a day before the event is to take place that would indicate the correctness (or lack there of) of your prediction/projection, you make a new prediction/projection that is the opposite (which most of us knew was true all along).

Popular examples are you projection of this year's OL and your prediction of this year's record/performance. We can now add this one (your prediction of how Moorhead will do here at Penn State) that you predicted, then later "changed."

OMG, does the OP ever have anything positive to say?
Glad these posts are coming back and rearing its ugly head. Hindsight is certainly 20/20.

Last edited:
Reactions: chrisrn1965
If true, this is a disastrous hire. From Fordham, another Patriot/Ivy school, like Donovan. He has zero clue on how to attack a Michigan State, or a Michigan, or an Ohio State or a NW. Numbers at UConn are awful. Not Donovan-awful, but BARELY better, averaging in the 80's and 90's.

This is not good, I am going to be PISSED if they hire this guy.
If true, this is a disastrous hire. From Fordham, another Patriot/Ivy school, like Donovan. He has zero clue on how to attack a Michigan State, or a Michigan, or an Ohio State or a NW. Numbers at UConn are awful. Not Donovan-awful, but BARELY better, averaging in the 80's and 90's.

This is not good, I am going to be PISSED if they hire this guy.

No doubt Moorhead had 21 on "ignore" the day he came to PSU.....

I don't know if the Moorhead rumor actually has any legs, but the fact that he's from an FCS/Ivy-type school means nothing. If you can coach, you can coach, the level is mostly irrelevant. The differences among levels in college football relate mostly to recruiting, not to Xs and Os. Moorhead's bio at Fordham's site is pretty impressive.

G.A. Mangus might be a very good choice regardless of whether he brings anyone from South Carolina with him, but Mangus had an alcohol incident in the summer of 2011 that earned him a week's suspension from Steve Spurrier. Maybe it was a singular, one-off incident but anyone considering Mangus needs to vet that incident.

Bwahahahahaha!

Still waiting for you to tell me all of the Herbstreit moments of silence at the end of the OSU. Game. You said I was wrong, but you can't back it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT