ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Paterno to Run for Penn State Board of Trustees; Sue Paterno Declines Nomination

I - and I think many others - look forward to hearing from JP with regard to his "platform" ........ his agenda, his stance on issues of governance facing the University, and his recommendations on the actions we should be taking.

He is certainly bright (probably to a level that will make him an outlier relative to many current members of the Board :) ) and well-spoken - as many of us have witnessed over the years.

Reactions: step.eng69 and tgar
HallelujahSquirrel.0.0.jpg

Well that's going to make a few sphincters twitch.

NOBODY is scared of Jay Paterno. Please.

While Jay could be a good BOT member - I am confident he won't meet his potential. His lack of accountability and sense of entitlement will be his downfalls (as they were in his failed coaching career).

While Jay could be a good BOT member - I am confident he won't meet his potential. His lack of accountability and sense of entitlement will be his downfalls (as they were in his failed coaching career).
Your opinion. So who would YOU recommend that would reach their FULL potential?

Reactions: Royal_Coaster
Deep down Jay is a "good" guy in the sense that he truly loved his father and (in his own mind) will do everything he thinks is correct to uphold his Father's name, reputation and character when dealing with the BOT. The problem is --- (Like Clark Griswald said of Uncle Eddy in Christmas Vacation) --- "his heart's much bigger than his brain" , and my fear is that those scoundrels and jackals on the BOT will just run admin verbiage and legal verbiage circles around Jay.

Deep down Jay is a "good" guy in the sense that he truly loved his father and (in his own mind) will do everything he thinks is correct to uphold his Father's name, reputation and character when dealing with the BOT. The problem is --- (Like Clark Griswald said of Uncle Eddy in Christmas Vacation) --- "his heart's much bigger than his brain" , and my fear is that those scoundrels and jackals on the BOT will just run admin verbiage and legal verbiage circles around Jay.
I am not worried about that. He will not be any more able than anyone to make 9>27, though.

There are a lot of folks on that BOT who are none too bright. Jay will raise the average IQ, as he exceeds that average by quite a bit.

Somebody does need a strategy to back Ira Lubert off just a tad. His chiding of AL when AL did not give that sycophant student a standing ovation needs to be stopped by simply bringing up some embarrassing moment from Ira's checkered and not so very public past. I understand why AL can't do it, but that was a cheap shot, in public, that needs to be dealt back. Jay could make a lot of headlines when the time is right.

Ira violated the expectations of membership. Especially given that the little student guy was talking about how the board fights too much. Not the place, if there ever is one, for a cheap shot.

Ira is a poison toad. Jay would be a welcome addition.

Your over-the-top disrespect for Jay is too much. Tossing about such terms and phrases about him - without anything to support those statements other than a dislike of the entire family - says more about you than him.

I am not worried about that. He will not be any more able than anyone to make 9>27, though.

There are a lot of folks on that BOT who are none too bright. Jay will raise the average IQ, as he exceeds that average by quite a bit.

Somebody does need a strategy to back Ira Lubert off just a tad. His chiding of AL when AL did not give that sycophant student a standing ovation needs to be stopped by simply bringing up some embarrassing moment from Ira's checkered and not so very public past. I understand why AL can't do it, but that was a cheap shot, in public, that needs to be dealt back. Jay could make a lot of headlines when the time is right.

Ira violated the expectations of membership. Especially given that the little student guy was talking about how the board fights too much. Not the place, if there ever is one, for a cheap shot.

Ira is a poison toad. Jay would be a welcome addition.
9 versus 27. Not many can make a difference with these number. I'd say Jay would do at least equal to the bunch we have now, if not better.

Penn State University will forever be the domain of the name Paterno and I expect that irrefutable truth irritates the hell out of you.

Penn State University will forever be the domain of the name Paterno and I expect that irrefutable truth irritates the hell out of you.

Sure, the Paterno name is a part of Penn State's history.

But PSU is not the eternal domain OF the Paternos. Which is what you seem to be saying. You seem to be a member of the "PSU stands for Paterno State University instead of Pennsylvania State University" clan.

Your over-the-top disrespect for Jay is too much. Tossing about such terms and phrases about him - without anything to support those statements other than a dislike of the entire family - says more about you than him.

If Jay wasn't doing stuff like:

(1) suing the University,

(2) insinuating that the current BOT was out to frame his father with the Freeh Report (while providing zero proof of such) and

(3) blaming the Freeh Report (a report he is mentioned zero times within) for his current lack of a coaching job, I'd have no "over-the-top disrespect" for him.

Jay was a poor football coach. Which is fine. But actions like the above, which have all occurred since 2011, have given insight to Jay's character.

(1) suing the University,

(2) insinuating that the current BOT was out to frame his father with the Freeh Report (while providing zero proof of such) and

(3) blaming the Freeh Report (a report he is mentioned zero times within) for his current lack of a coaching job, I'd have no "over-the-top disrespect" for him.

Jay was a poor football coach. Which is fine. But actions like the above, which have all occurred since 2011, have given insight to Jay's character.

Freeh already admitted no evidence supported his opinion. Really, go back to the Wolv you complete jackass.

Are you effing kidding me? Open your eyes to Freeh's history and read the contract letter and the Freeh Report. It. Was. A. Hit. Job. Any human with basic logic skills can see this.

But PSU is not the eternal domain OF the Paternos. Which is what you seem to be saying. You seem to be a member of the "PSU stands for Paterno State University instead of Pennsylvania State University" clan.
mich.....
The Pennsylvania State University

You really should have attended either Michigan or Michigan state and saved yourself a lot of emotional distress about the Paterno name and what it means to PSU.

Last edited:

No, it is what you seem to be hearing.........

Reactions: 91Joe95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT