ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Jalen Pickett drafted by Denver Nuggets

I thought Lundy actually made a ton of sense for Denver but very happy for both Lundy and Pickett. Very curious to see how Denver uses Pickett.

Ya the Denver Nuggets dont know what they are doing in the draft but some yahoo from CBS sports does lmao.
Yeah, if that is an appeal to authority argument, it's a weak appeal within a weak form of argument.

Ya the Denver Nuggets dont know what they are doing in the draft but some yahoo from CBS sports does lmao.
Are we pretending teams don't make mistakes?
I'm thrilled for Pickett and after the run the Nuggets just had I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Having watched Pickett play I have zero idea how his offensive game translates since Denver primarily has their other guys shooting 3s which isn't Pickett's game. They need to spread the floor with Jokic-Murray running their two man game.

Are we pretending teams don't make mistakes?
I'm thrilled for Pickett and after the run the Nuggets just had I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Having watched Pickett play I have zero idea how his offensive game translates since Denver primarily has their other guys shooting 3s which isn't Pickett's game. They need to spread the floor with Jokic-Murray running their two man game.
Hes a great fit for Denver with Bruce Brown most likely gone. obviously they have been successful at fitting in players to their system.

Hes a great fit for Denver with Bruce Brown most likely gone. obviously they have been successful at fitting in players to their system.
How is his game the same as Brown's?
I hope it works but pretending those questioning the pick are wrong is illogical.

I hope it works but pretending those questioning the pick are wrong is illogical.
You’re such a fool. I’ll trust the nba champs over your anti psu bs.

Outstanding at 32. I was sensing Booth would get him… great place for him to go. I believe B. Brown is going free agency so he could get a chance to make an impact. But at pick 32 is great. Neat story.
And now Funk will have a chance to make a spot and play with him again.

His game doesn't have to be the same as Brown's. He shouldn't have to change anything about his game. He is an elite passers, is very seldom out of control, and has a very high basketball IQ. Those are strengths that any point guard in the NBA should have.

Reactions: Ian
His game doesn't have to be the same as Brown's. He shouldn't have to change anything about his game. He is an elite passers, is very seldom out of control, and has a very high basketball IQ. Those are strengths that any point guard in the NBA should have.
And I hope that translate as you believe it will--he has to improve his outside shooting in that offense so he does have to change his game some. But the other poster said he's replacing Brown which would indicate a similar game not just "he's a depth guard".

You’re such a fool. I’ll trust the nba champs over your anti psu bs.

There's no anti-Penn State BS. The fact you even say that is absurd.
How many 32nd picks are successful in the league? What percent?
I'd gladly criticize other picks--starting with the Thompson twins not going to good fits or Howard going way too early but no one here discusses that since they didn't play at Penn State.
Just because someone played at Penn State doesn't mean they're going to be good at the next level. I think this is a bad fit for Pickett but time will tell.

There's no anti-Penn State BS. The fact you even say that is absurd.
How many 32nd picks are successful in the league? What percent?
I'd gladly criticize other picks--starting with the Thompson twins not going to good fits or Howard going way too early but no one here discusses that since they didn't play at Penn State.
Just because someone played at Penn State doesn't mean they're going to be good at the next level. I think this is a bad fit for Pickett but time will tell.
Your missing the point. He had a chance to be the backup pg for the reigning nba champs with brown leaving. It’s a great spot for him to get drafted. Again Denver knows a hell of a lot more about talent and fits for the team then you.

Your missing the point. He had a chance to be the backup pg for the reigning nba champs with brown leaving. It’s a great spot for him to get drafted. Again Denver knows a hell of a lot more about talent and fits for the team then you.
He will get a chance to compete for the backup job. It's not a great spot. Denver has a ton of talent even with Brown leaving. There were better spots for him. Denver took 3 guys close together. He's going to have the hardest time making the team because he lacks a consistent outside shot. You know that as well. You can wish him the best and be happy for him that he was drafted while having an honest discussion about the fit. Hoping for the best here but Lundy has a better shot with where he went.

Pickett off to a good start. Nuggets got three “nuggets” in the draft.

Draft Digest: 2023 All-Summer League Rookie Teams​

• Keyonte George (Utah Jazz)
  • Cam Whitmore (Houston Rockets)
  • Ausar Thompson (Detroit Pistons)
  • Hunter Tyson (Denver Nuggets)
  • Chet Holmgren (Oklahoma City Thunder)

2023 All-Summer League Rookie Second Team​

• Anthony Black (Orlando Magic)
  • Jalen Pickett (Denver Nuggets)
  • Jalen Wilson (Brooklyn Nets)
  • Emoni Bates (Cleveland Cavaliers)
  • Colin Castleton (Los Angeles Lakers)

2023 All-Summer League Rookie Third Team​

• Nick Smith Jr. (Charlotte Hornets)
  • Brandon Miller (Charlotte Hornets)
  • Julian Strawther (Denver Nuggets)
  • Leonard Miller (Minnesota Timberwolves)
  • Victor Wembanyama (San Antonio Spurs)

He will get a chance to compete for the backup job. It's not a great spot. Denver has a ton of talent even with Brown leaving. There were better spots for him. Denver took 3 guys close together. He's going to have the hardest time making the team because he lacks a consistent outside shot. You know that as well. You can wish him the best and be happy for him that he was drafted while having an honest discussion about the fit. Hoping for the best here but Lundy has a better shot with where he went.
So Pickett got a 4 year deal with 3 years guaranteed (5.8 million) with the NBA champs. Lundy signed a two way contract and will have work to do to stay in league.

So Pickett got a 4 year deal with 3 years guaranteed (5.8 million) with the NBA champs. Lundy signed a two way contract and will have work to do to stay in league.
5.8M in the NBA is cut without a second thought as you know...or should know

You said Lundy was in better spot. He didn’t even sign with the hawks. Pickett signed with champs. He was drafted in a good spot and has money in the bank even if he doesn’t last in the future. You were wrong

You said Lundy was in better spot. He didn’t even sign with the hawks. Pickett signed with champs. He was drafted in a good spot and has money in the bank even if he doesn’t last in the future. You were wrong
Watch--let's see who's in the league longer. You're acting as if the season started or anything relevant happened based on meaningless NBA contracts. Lundy's contract is about cap space and ideal for him. He'll spend half the season with the Hawks. You also keep claiming that Pickett is a lock to make the team because of the contract which is completely false. You're a Knicks fan but don't comprehend NBA contracts? This is weird.

The Denver Nuggets and No. 32 pick Jalen Pickett agreed to a four-year, $8.3 million deal, sources told @hoopshype. The first three years of the deal are fully guaranteed. A strong deal for Pickett, who was a projected undrafted player in mock drafts until days before the draft.

Ya it was awful spot for him to get drafted lmao at Mr Board Opposite
You keep focusing on the wrong things here. I'm happy for him and hope it works out. We'll see what happens. I've been wrong before and will be again. That's a very cheap deal. Cutting him means next to nothing in terms of NBA contracts

You keep focusing on the wrong things here. I'm happy for him and hope it works out. We'll see what happens. I've been wrong before and will be again. That's a very cheap deal. Cutting him means next to nothing in terms of NBA contracts
I dont think you understand contracts in NBA. Here is the first round rookie scale

Since he was in second round there is no scale but he sure as hell wasnt getting a better deal anywhere else. He wasnt even really projected by many to get drafted and if he did later most likely would have been the 2 way deal. Here he gets 3 years guaranteed money which even if he does get cut later down the road he still made out pretty good. He played well in summer and could work his way into the rotation for the best team in NBA. I couldnt have projected anything better for him then this.

I dont think you understand contracts in NBA. Here is the first round rookie scale

Since he was in second round there is no scale but he sure as hell wasnt getting a better deal anywhere else. He wasnt even really projected by many to get drafted and if he did later most likely would have been the 2 way deal. Here he gets 3 years guaranteed money which even if he does get cut later down the road he still made out pretty good. He played well in summer and could work his way into the rotation for the best team in NBA. I couldnt have projected anything better for him then this.
I fully understand how they work. This contract makes a ton of sense for them. If he develops into a solid player he's locked into a low contract. If they cut him they're losing almost no money.

If you want to say the contract is the best he could have hoped for I can agree with that but I'm talking career not the first contract. Sports are always about the second deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT