ADVERTISEMENT

ITT This Tread Tell A Story About Your Old Man

Nihilist Rodgers

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
SoCal
in my first year of baseball (peewee league 9yo or so) I got drilled in the back with fastball by one of the hardest throwing pitchers in our league. I spent the next 6-7 games running way from pitches (what it must feel like to be @WTNuke ;)) , If a ball broke inside-out, It would have me scrambling for the next county lolz.

So my dad took me out for a few days and repeatedly hit me with those rubber-coated balls that we would use when the fields were muddy and wet in early spring. He just lobbed balls at first until I got used to be hit, rinse and repeat--over and over, telling me "stop being such a sissy, you're not gonna die in there". I prob hit 400+ the next year, but then tailed off into a very good catcher, but mediocre hitter for my last 2 years of baseball. I did get on base alot, and ended up being relegated to lead off hitter for a year.. I def led the team in hit-by-pitch and walked a lot.

These days I'm amazed that I used to warm up pitchers who threw 55+ with no gear at all and didn't even think about it.

stuff I want to hear about:
*how @SJLuvsLions taught him to choose hookers that didn't require penecillin
*how @lionlover dad dropped him off at the skating rink and never picked him up

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News