ADVERTISEMENT

It was great to see the downfield passing game back against um.

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
McSorley made some great throws downfield to Hamilton and Gesicki against um. We had been missing that this season. It was like 2016. Those plays should give the offense added confidence heading into columbus and beyond. Loved it.

Reactions: Cpeplion
I think UM played a lot of man where Iowa and some others played mostly zone to keep everything in front between the 20s and then buckle down in the red zone. What will OSU do? That was a big mistake by UM.

Apke scares me in man. Teams will identify that and target that.

I think UM played a lot of man where Iowa and some others played mostly zone to keep everything in front between the 20s and then buckle down in the red zone. What will OSU do? That was a big mistake by UM.

Ohio State typically plays a similar man to man aggressive coverage like Michigan. I hope we mix it up and play some safety help in zone to limit the downfield throws. With how raw and inconsistent the OSU corners are this year, I'm fearing you can beat them downfield and also draw a lot of flags as well.

The wheel route kills man to man, because it guarantees a LB who cannot do it will try to cover SB . it's why the wheel goes for a TD or at least a big gainer every time sb catches it.

Last edited:
Reactions: JJTopp99
OSU played m2m vs Indiana and got burned. Second half, they mixed in a lot of zone and it changed the game.

I don't know what they played vs Oklahoma. I missed the second half when OU blew it open.

I believe that they mostly play m2m, but mix in the zone looks early. Michigan's INT came off a zone it appeared (defender didn't even attempt to follow Gesicki, but Trace was zeroed in).

Their ability to pass rush will also play a role. If they can beat our OTs, they will pin their ears back.

Very true. Gesicki's catches were ridiculous. He is a pleasure to watch. What an athlete.
And DeSean did his best Chris Godwin impersonation on a few of those catches.

Actually, I don't need a comparison to another player to give props to DeSean Hamilton. He's PSU's all-time leading receiver in number of catches, and a great leader/role model for the young guys. Nice to see him have a great game on a big stage.

Actually, I don't need a comparison to another player to give props to DeSean Hamilton. He's PSU's all-time leading receiver in number of catches, and a great leader/role model for the young guys. Nice to see him have a great game on a big stage.

Every time I watch PSU with my Hokie wife I make sure to point out how many Virginia Lions were not recruited by UVA and Va Tech hahaha

OSU played m2m vs Indiana and got burned. Second half, they mixed in a lot of zone and it changed the game.

I don't know what they played vs Oklahoma. I missed the second half when OU blew it open.

I believe that they mostly play m2m, but mix in the zone looks early. Michigan's INT came off a zone it appeared (defender didn't even attempt to follow Gesicki, but Trace was zeroed in).

Their ability to pass rush will also play a role. If they can beat our OTs, they will pin their ears back.
It was a miscommunication b/w McSorley and Gesicki. McSorley threw the ball where he thought Gesicki would be, but Gesicki ran a different route. UM looked like M2M and then dropped into zone. Gesicki stopped and then went deep and McSorley threw an out. It happens but hard to say who was at fault. Nice tackle by McSorley or it would have been a pick 6.

I think that perception is mostly total BS. After rewatching the Michigan game there was only 1 true 50/50 ball and that was the pass to Gesicki. Go rewatch that game and you’ll see TM has been putting passes exactly where he needs them to be.
*sarcasm alert. It just doesn't come through with the written word.

Every time I hear 50-50 from the media morons, I want to hurl.

Agreed. DaeSean had a great game Saturday night. He's had his ups and downs, and it's great to see how he has developed.

I think that perception is mostly total BS. After rewatching the Michigan game there was only 1 true 50/50 ball and that was the pass to Gesicki. Go rewatch that game and you’ll see TM has been putting passes exactly where he needs them to be.
And a "50-50 ball" to a guy 6 inches taller with a superior vertical leap, is a 90-10 ball.

Or, you might say, a 42-13 ball. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT