ADVERTISEMENT

It is Land Grant Trophy week!😱

flame thrower fire GIF

I have said it before. Whichever team loses should be required to keep the trophy for the next year. The head coach should be required to display it on his desk and take it with him and display it whenever he visits a recruit or talks to any group. Maybe that would increase the motivation to win the next year.

It’s almost as if George Pearles and Joe met up one summer day for a few beers in one of their garages, found some wood and stain. Then decided to grab some of the crappier memorabilia their wives were wanting to get rid of… I think that would at least explain the birth of the Land Grant Trophy much better.

It’s almost as if George Pearles and Joe met up one summer day for a few beers in one of their garages, found some wood and stain. Then decided to grab some of the crappier memorabilia their wives were wanting to get rid of… I think that would at least explain the birth of the Land Grant Trophy much better.
If a trophy has shelves, you're doing it wrong

This post finally caused it to dawn on me what the LGT reminds me of.

Many years ago, shortly after I got married, my wife and I were out driving around one Saturday morning here in Arlington, Virginia, when she saw a sign for an estate/garage sale. Now I usually hate estate sales, but she loves them, so I dutifully drove her into this little cul-de-sac where the signs pointed. So we go in to the house, and lo and behold, it's the estate sale for the recently deceased Chief Justice of the United States Warren Burger!!!! Now this sale actually had one cool thing, which I very much regret not buying -- they were selling the Chief's old limo, complete with the SCOTUS seal on the front doors, for something like $7k. (Look at that s car go!!) But everything else in the house -- and I mean everything -- was all of the crap that none of the relatives wanted and was otherwise essentially nothing the auction house viewed as saleable. Thinks like the Chief's "program" from some international judges' conference held in Brunei in 1972. Old kitchen gadgets. In short, things not even to the level of "John Voigt's Car" on Seinfeld. It is things like this, that have been used to create the Land Grant Trophy.

Last edited:
If a trophy has shelves, you're doing it wrong
I can’t believe the disrespect this magnificent work of a is getting here. It’s it the Rembrandt......no....the Picasso of trophies as it dared to challenge the established mindset of traditional trophies. Years from now, people will look back and see the true genius on display ....just like Van Gogh! Sad you uneducated fools don’t grasp the enormity of it all.

Last edited:
I can’t believe the disrespect this magnificent work of a is getting here. It’s it the Rembrandt......no....the Picasso of trophies as it dared to challenge the established mindset of traditional trophies. Years from now, people will look back and see the true genius on display ....just like Van Gogh! Sad you eneducated fools don’t grasp the enormity of it all.
8731966.jpg

I can’t believe the disrespect this magnificent work of a is getting here. It’s it the Rembrandt......no....the Picasso of trophies as it dared to challenge the established mindset of traditional trophies. Years from now, people will look back and see the true genius on display ....just like Van Gogh! Sad you uneducated fools don’t grasp the enormity of it all.
With all due respect, I think I will continue to bask in my ignorance.

I think the cantilevered shelves clearly make it a Frank Lloyd Wright work.

That's cool as hell Cali, thanks for sharing. Never saw it.

I remember seeing videos about the Navy Seals training and they carry these big logs around on the sand in San Diego for training. Sometimes as punishment. The LGT could supplant the log P.T. like if you fumble or something, coach makes you carry the LGT around when you're running the steps.

It’s the most wonderful game of the year!
Snowflakes will be flying
And Grilles will be frying while we all drink beer!
Its the most wonderful game of the year!

It’s the hap happiest game of them all
When the Land Grant Trophy , the one most Holy
makes fans gather all
Its the hap happiest game of the year!

There will be tailgates for hosting
and bratwursts for toasting
And cheering out in the snow
there will be scary ref stories
and tales of past glories
Of trophies won long ago!

It’s the most wonderful game of the year
there will be much celebrating
at all the tailgating
when another victory is near
Its the most wonderful game......OF THE YEEEAAR!

Last edited:
Since the Land Grant Trophy is the largest trophy this side of the Stanley Cup, it should be treated as such: the winning team should run around the stadium passing the trophy around from player to player; and each player should get to spend a day with the Land Grant Trophy, taking it wherever they want.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Since the Land Grant Trophy is the largest trophy this side of the Stanley Cup, it should be treated as such: the winning team should run around the stadium passing the trophy around from player to player; and each player should get to spend a day with the Land Grant Trophy, taking it wherever they want.

I think the trophy weighs something like 72 lbs. I could see kickers getting injured attempting to hoist the thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT