ADVERTISEMENT

It is hours after last B10 game played and still..

My local PA sports writer stated in todays Sunday paper it will be announced Monday. If true, an even bigger headache and head scratcher for the teams involved.

Waiting for the presidents to decide if other games will be played. If they do it’s all for the tv money. But there is concerns and many think why play???

This way basically the plan but they also specifically said they would adjust to avoid rematches and to schedule games of more interest.

Why they didn’t just go with the original 10 game plan is silly once the other conferences didn’t cancel.

Yea, this.

I don't think they anticipated as many games having to be canceled as they ended up having, and with that happening what would most people prefer to see, their team play someone they already played a few weeks ago? Or someone different who they have not? A random matchup or a rivalry game being able to be held?

Also have to take into consideration, what do you do if an odd number of teams are able to play due to Covid?
They may be talking to schools to see who would not be adverse to not playing the 9th game so they don't have to make someone not play a 9th game because someone like Indiana is still not able to play due to Covid.

Yeah, as a fan and given how the team has been playing, I would love to see them keep playing and get a chance to get to .500 - if they win next week, I do hope they try to go to a bowl (but if they lose next week, I would not expect them to bother to go to a bowl).

That said, I understand everything that the team is going through and if they don't want to go to a bowl and prefer to release everyone to spend time to their families over the holidays, I can respect it. Also I wonder how any bowl prep would work given finals - they are students still, after all.

I dunno, watching the first half against Sparty was like getting a root canal for the 5th time this season. Call it quits. Let the kids go home and Franklin recharge. Thank you.

Reactions: richie83
IMO, they should call it a season and have no other games next weekend.
I understand and don’t really disagree with your post. Playing devils advocate, I would say that this young team could use the extra competition and experience.

Reactions: nits74
I dunno, watching the first half against Sparty was like getting a root canal for the 5th time this season. Call it quits. Let the kids go home and Franklin recharge. Thank you.

And this has not just been with Penn State games, there have been a good deal of games this season, between teams who you would expect to be good or matchups that were to be good, that one or both of the teams slept walk thru most of the game and had varying degrees of interest/disinterest.

Did you enjoy the 29-3 run to end the game? The game experience is good for these guys. They're on a roll now. Winning is fun. If the kids decide they're done, then I'd scrap the Illinois game. If they want to play, then prepare as best you can and kick their ass. A bowl game could be played within a week or week and a half after the Illinois game so might as well hang around for that if they're interested in playing more. It's not like in previous years where there's a long layoff between the end of the season and a bowl game.

Reactions: RGWhirly
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT