ADVERTISEMENT

Is Trace McSorley the best ever to throw the rock around at PSU?

But that's all you talk about. You've harped on Swift multiple times and now you're all about Fields. Guess what....there were higher ranked players than Barkley coming out of high school....you were probably wishing we had gotten someone else at the time. Why don't we let Fields take a snap before we anoint him the next Heisman winner.

Watch Barkley's tape. I was thrilled to get him. Watch Swift's HS tape. He's elite and we all knew that before he ever played a down at Georgia.
Never said he was going to win a Heisman. I'm not even convinced Fields is a great fit for Georgia's offense. What I did say was he was a perfect fit for our offense. Not getting him doesn't fall on the coaches. He went to the school he always wanted but hen we do get a QB like him we'll see how quickly the opinion of Trace changes. Trace doesn't have the homerun ability in the run game you want with this scheme. He does a great job running it effectively and making the right reads but when we combine that with a great runner you'll see what I'm saying. Fields IMO could have been that guy.
Do you really think Sanders is better than Swift?

I think we will see. And he doesn't have to be better than Swift....he just has to be good in the system.

Incorrect...if he's not better than Swift we would have been a better team with Swift. It's okay to admit others would be better on your team than the guy you have. For example, any fan that wouldn't prefer Barkley to any back they have, even Love, is an idiot.

Good isn't the same as special. Barkley was special. Swift is special. We're hoping Sanders is "good"

Incorrect...if he's not better than Swift we would have been a better team with Swift. It's okay to admit others would be better on your team than the guy you have. For example, any fan that wouldn't prefer Barkley to any back they have, even Love, is an idiot.

Good isn't the same as special. Barkley was special. Swift is special. We're hoping Sanders is "good"
So Sanders has no chance to be special...okay. Wow, not only do you think you know everything, you also think you can see into the future. What's it like in your world?

How many PSU QB'S took us to the top 5 and then went on to lead a NFL team to the Super Bowl?

So Sanders has no chance to be special...okay. Wow, not only do you think you know everything, you also think you can see into the future. What's it like in your world?

Sanders isn't in the same league as those two which isn't an insult--few are. I don't even think you believe Sanders is on that level or has that kind of potential. I think the odds are better that Sanders is a compliment to Slade or someone else next year than him becoming "great" let alone special. Time will tell. I'm going to roll with Saquon's opinion regarding Swift on this one.

Sanders isn't in the same league as those two which isn't an insult--few are. I don't even think you believe Sanders is on that level or has that kind of potential. I think the odds are better that Sanders is a compliment to Slade or someone else next year than him becoming "great" let alone special. Time will tell. I'm going to roll with Saquon's opinion regarding Swift on this one.
And Saquon's opinion on Sanders is that he asked Sanders to try not to break all of his records. I have a feeling you aren't going to roll with Saquon's opinion there.

And Saquon's opinion on Sanders is that he asked Sanders to try not to break all of his records. I have a feeling you aren't going to roll with Saquon's opinion there.

Yeah, I'm sure Saquon's genuinely concerned about "his records" and believes "Sanders" is a threat

Reactions: grinagrin
He only believes what bolsters his argument.

He only believes what bolsters his argument.

I believe what is real. There's a difference between a genuine compliment and trying to motivate someone. Does anyone here believe Sanders is as good as Barkley or even close? If you do tell me. I'll keep a list of who I owe an apology to when he proves that and who owes me an apology when he doesn't

So 597 yards and 3 TD's and Swift is already in the same class with Barkley....seriously?

I believe what is real. There's a difference between a genuine compliment and trying to motivate someone. Does anyone here believe Sanders is as good as Barkley or even close? If you do tell me. I'll keep a list of who I owe an apology to when he proves that and who owes me an apology when he doesn't
No, he's not as good as Barkley but neither is Swift (or anyone else Inn the country for that matter). There's no reason to compare the two.

The only thing 78 rolls in is his overrated opinion of himself.

So 597 yards and 3 TD's and Swift is already in the same class with Barkley....seriously?

Right behind Chubb & Michel he already has more yards, more receptions, more receiving yards than Sanders had in two years. He's likely going to be a top 5-10 like Saquon. Sanders won't be.

You want me to believe that you don't think we'd be a better team next year if we had Swift instead of Sanders....is that what you want to tell me?

Make a wager on which back has a better year next year--pick the terms.

Right behind Chubb & Michel he already has more yards, more receptions, more receiving yards than Sanders had in two years. He's likely going to be a top 5-10 like Saquon. Sanders won't be.

You want me to believe that you don't think we'd be a better team next year if we had Swift instead of Sanders....is that what you want to tell me?

Make a wager on which back has a better year next year--pick the terms.
Better year based on what? And it doesn't really matter....Love had a better year statistically than Barkley, but who had the more successful season? And if Swift was on Barkley's level, he would have started this year instead of being #3.

I've got news for you...pretty much every team in the top 25 has a great running back. They don't have to be Barkley level, they just have to be productive. I really don't give a shit what kind of year Swift has next year...you know why? Because he didn't go to Penn State, so I really don't care about him. That's usually the way a fan thinks....but here you are as usual, arguing for and hoping a player from another team is better than who we have (even trying to bet on it). Keep posting LionRevival.

Better year based on what? And it doesn't really matter....Love had a better year statistically than Barkley, but who had the more successful season? And if Swift was on Barkley's level, he would have started this year instead of being #3.

I've got news for you...pretty much every team in the top 25 has a great running back. They don't have to be Barkley level, they just have to be productive. I really don't give a shit what kind of year Swift has next year...you know why? Because he didn't go to Penn State, so I really don't care about him. That's usually the way a fan thinks....but here you are as usual, arguing for and hoping a player from another team is better than who we have (even trying to bet on it). Keep posting LionRevival.

"because he didn't go to Penn State"...exactly contrary to your claims you're a Penn State fan that tolerates college football not a college football fan and you won't make the bet because you know which back is better. Is it that difficult to say Swift is better than Sanders. Say it--you'll feel better.

LionRevival had some very specific opinions about many things (including Paterno) that I don't share. It's not even a good guess.

"because he didn't go to Penn State"...exactly contrary to your claims you're a Penn State fan that tolerates college football not a college football fan and you won't make the bet because you know which back is better. Is it that difficult to say Swift is better than Sanders. Say it--you'll feel better.

LionRevival had some very specific opinions about many things (including Paterno) that I don't share. It's not even a good guess.
Well, since you don't have the sack to admit who you were, I will stick with LionRevival.

And you can be a college football fan and a fan of one team in particular....in fact, that applies to everyone.

And I won't make the bet because I really don't give a shit and it's not always black and white on who a better RB is....you can't just use yards gained as Barkley proved. Also, most people have to wait until a season at least gets started before they can judge who's better. If Swift has a better year, I will say he had a better year...why wouldn't I? It makes no difference to me. What if Sanders gains 1,000 yards and Swift gets hurt in the first game and doesn't play the rest of the year....who was better? I'm perfectly happy with the RB's we have and I'm not going to spend time worrying about who we didn't get.

Well, since you don't have the sack to admit who you were, I will stick with LionRevival.

And you can be a college football fan and a fan of one team in particular....in fact, that applies to everyone.

And I won't make the bet because I really don't give a shit and it's not always black and white on who a better RB is....you can't just use yards gained as Barkley proved. Also, most people have to wait until a season at least gets started before they can judge who's better. If Swift has a better year, I will say he had a better year...why wouldn't I? It makes no difference to me. What if Sanders gains 1,000 yards and Swift gets hurt in the first game and doesn't play the rest of the year....who was better? I'm perfectly happy with the RB's we have and I'm not going to spend time worrying about who we didn't get.

You don't need to worry about the ones we didn't get but you should be able to give them the credit they deserve and be real about the guys we do have.

You don't need to worry about the ones we didn't get but you should be able to give them the credit they deserve and be real about the guys we do have.
Why do I have to give them credit? Why do I have to even worry about them? Hes a good running back....yay! Does that make my life any fuller? And there's a difference between giving them credit and pining for them like you do. There are way more kids we won't get than we will, so I worry about the ones we do get.

Watch Barkley's tape. I was thrilled to get him. Watch Swift's HS tape. He's elite and we all knew that before he ever played a down at Georgia.
Never said he was going to win a Heisman. I'm not even convinced Fields is a great fit for Georgia's offense. What I did say was he was a perfect fit for our offense. Not getting him doesn't fall on the coaches. He went to the school he always wanted but hen we do get a QB like him we'll see how quickly the opinion of Trace changes. Trace doesn't have the homerun ability in the run game you want with this scheme. He does a great job running it effectively and making the right reads but when we combine that with a great runner you'll see what I'm saying. Fields IMO could have been that guy.
Do you really think Sanders is better than Swift?
You say Fields would be that guy not knowing how his passing would be.

In Fields case apparently stars matter.
And apparently high school tapes for guys like Journey Brown don't count because they chose to go to Penn State. I bet Swift didn't gain over 700 yards in a game in high school.

Fields star rating is irrelevant...watch the film. Film rarely lies.
Again, I can't wait to see what happens when we get a legit running threat at QB in this scheme to see how drastically the opinion changes on Trace. Trace will always be a great leader, a great story and a great QB. He's just not an elite QB. Few are--hence the meaning of the word elite.
LOL @ Trace entering the draft.

And apparently high school tapes for guys like Journey Brown don't count because they chose to go to Penn State. I bet Swift didn't gain over 700 yards in a game in high school.

I like Brown--have I said or indicated otherwise? I like Slade better though--yes, based on film

1. Todd Blackledge
2. John Shaffer
3. Kerry Collins
4. Trace McSorley

I feel that if you can lead a team to a National Championship you're an automatic top of the list candidate, both Blackledge and Shaffer deserve that honor. I still say that the 1994 Penn State team led by Kerry Collins would have beaten Nebraska. However, going undefeated and winning the Rose Bowl cements his place in the top three. Trace McSorley is a very very good QB who deserves tremendous credit for putting the Nittany Lions back in the National Championship conversation.

Reactions: Cpeplion
Again, I can't wait to see what happens when we get a legit running threat at QB in this scheme to see how drastically the opinion changes on Trace. Trace will always be a great leader, a great story and a great QB. He's just not an elite QB. Few are--hence the meaning of the word elite.
High School highlight films are nothing but the player good plays against mostly scrub teams.
Coaches don't offer scholarships from watching highlight film.

I am a film junkie. Based on some of your comments, I don’t think you have any idea what you are looking at in terms of reviewing film and evaluating players. But that is just me. You are, however, entitled to your opinion.

Todd Blackledge was good from day one and for those who say his status was due to his senior season, I believe he left one year early although I am not positive on that. Plus, he forced the Hostetler guy to transfer to West Virginia where he excelled and got married to the coach's daughter. Blackledge was excellent as both a passer and runner though that did not suit our offense. Not saying he was the greatest but he was certainly top notch and not just his senior year.

I still believe people put too much emphasis on size. If Trace were 2 inches taller, it wouldn't even be a question. His placement on deep balls is second to none. In fact, his accuracy in general should not be questioned. He typically hits his receiver in stride, unless he is throwing away from coverage.

I do think it is difficult to compare to Collins and Blackledge, because of the difference in offensive styles. Although, the '94 team spread the ball around the same way as McSorley's team without the RPO.

The one test I use is the television factor. In the stands you can see the whole field, so you know when a QB is throwing to the right spot. While on tv, you can't always tell what the QB is doing when the ball is released. I remember many times in the past when I would "hold my breath" every time one of our QBs released the ball. I typically don't feel that with Trace.

If I have only one QB to win one game for everything, I would not have a problem if you gave me Blackledge, Collins, or McSorley. So there you have it. Tied in the top 3, and one more year to stand alone.

Interesting choice regarding the game on the line. Michael Robinson as a starter never left the field trailing on the scoreboard. If the ball was in his hands the scoreboard changed ... food for thought...

Chuck Fusina would have been great in this system. Guy was mobile and could sling, see a lot of similarities btw Trace and Fusina. Undersized guys, tough competitors, can run it and pass it. Don't forget that Fusina was runnerup for the Heisman in 78, the guy could really play.

Reactions: BBrown
No, he’s a fiery competitor and a very good duel threat QB, but I’d put him behind Collins and Blackledge during my time.

I’d also like to imagine what players like Casey, MRob, and Clark would have done in this RPO offense. It’s made for huge stats and big plays. Those three other guys were even better athletes than Trace and at least Trace’s equal as leaders.

It tough to compare since we know Collins had the best OL in PSU history and one of the best RB's, TE's and WR's.
And while his sr. year was amzaing his soph and jr. years not so much.
And INMO its a similar story with Blackledge except he had a betterJr. year.
For a career Trace is the best PSU QB I've seen.

Reactions: Cpeplion
I am a film junkie. Based on some of your comments, I don’t think you have any idea what you are looking at in terms of reviewing film and evaluating players. But that is just me. You are, however, entitled to your opinion.

So, you think Fields's film is horrible I take it
I don't know you well enough to judge your assessment but if you watched Swift's film and didn't see an elite back (one better than Sanders) I have no respect for your evaluations :)

No, he’s a fiery competitor and a very good duel threat QB, but I’d put him behind Collins and Blackledge during my time.

I’d also like to imagine what players like Casey, MRob, and Clark would have done in this RPO offense. It’s made for huge stats and big plays. Those three other guys were even better athletes than Trace and at least Trace’s equal as leaders.

Casey and especially Clark would have been interesting to see cause I think Clark would have been special.
Mrob, while being one of my all time favorite Lions was not a good enough passer.

McSorley doesn't even make it in the top 5.

1) Kerry Collins
2) Chuck Fusina
3) Todd Blackledge
4) Michael Robinson
5) Daryll Clark

McSorley doesn't even make it in the top 5.

1) Kerry Collins
2) Chuck Fusina
3) Todd Blackledge
4) Michael Robinson
5) Daryll Clark

He's better than M Rob and DC as a QB IMO. M Rob was a turnover machine through 4 games and managed to get better. While Trace is no where near the athlete, he is most certainly a better QB. I love M Rob too, one of my favorite leaders and players, but I'm just talking about the position of QB. Back to back NYD bowl games and top 10 finishes so far for Trace.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT