ADVERTISEMENT

Is this a hold?

F no.

Neither is this

4texx.gif

pretty sure it was on #53, white. He was reaching the scUM 5, so he steps to the outside arm of the 5, and then I believe he was told to rip with his off side hand, to help with his momentum, and keep getting leverage on the 5. Now the scUM 5 is in such bad position, he's getting his hips turned, and trying to fight a losing battle, it looks like he puts his arm into and underneath 53's, and thus to the ref, it looks like a hold. If scUM played it better, he wouldn't not have been called

Does not matter. The general rule is which ever call favors Michigan or Ohio State.

One of the most blatant you will ever see. A personal favorite. The more I watch it the more it reminds me of watching steer wrestling.

We're "crazy conspiracy theorists". Big Ten refs have never had any bias, you whacko.

Reactions: psualt
At the 24:12 mark. On my mobile, so can't quite tell.

According to NCAA Rules? No, the blocker clearly had "outside leverage" and executed a perfect "seal block" on the corner (both of the blockers hands are clearly inside the shoulders and he has outside leverage on the defender - i.e., he is "blocking him" not "holding him" in every Football Rulebook except the special corrupt scumbag officials in the b1g shiz-hole.....LMFAO).

They called one of those "ghost holds" against NW in I think 1995 which robbed us of a TD and cost us the game as well....gofigure!

Imagine the jersey colors reversed and UM called for a hold on that block on a TD in a close game. Well, I can't even imagine it. I never saw it happen. They did call holds on UM so that they could claim to be fair, but they were extremely careful to call them in situations that had little impact on the game -- often when a game was already decided. They saved the flags on PSU for critical moments -- in fact they still do. If PSU gets to the point where they are actually threatening to beat Ohio State or Michigan, we'll see it again.

Hopefully as the officials from that era reach the twilight of their lives, someone will spill the beans and tell us the story of what was going on with the officiating. Well we already know what was going on because we watched the games. But I would love to have one of those old guys come clean and explain how it worked.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
The entire Michigan bias is so old. You wonder how many games over the years, besides our games, that they would have lost if it weren't for blatant favoritism. No wonder they've only shared one national championship since 1950, in spite of being upheld as one of the glamour programs.

Here's one of the B1G officials worst calls ever. This time it's basketball 1993 Penn State-Indiana game when Indiana was undefeated in the Big Ten. Call happens just after the 1:54 mark.

B1G shizhole refs screwing PSU again and Joe wasn't having any of that. Great seeing him again doing what he loved

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT