• it's huge- I'll party like it's 1999

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I'll go out and have fun, but within reason

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I'm the designated driver

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • It's amateur night, no thanks

Votes: 100 71.4%
  • There is going to be another year? why?

Votes: 27 19.3%

• Total voters
Mrs. Bell is a NYD baby so it's always a big deal in a sense, but we're long past partying. Nice to have a toast and I always say happy birthday before happy new year. We'll go out to eat early and be home early. There were years we didn't make it awake to midnight.

In my younger days, I liked to give it a rally on NYE, no doubt about it. Had some great times. Worked many a NYE too. So did the bride. It's a deal, not a big deal.

Reactions: vops
Mrs. Bell is a NYD baby so it's always a big deal in a sense, but we're long past partying. Nice to have a toast and I always say happy birthday before happy new year. We'll go out to eat early and be home early. There were years we didn't make it awake to midnight.

In my younger days, I liked to give it a rally on NYE, no doubt about it. Had some great times. Worked many a NYE too. So did the bride. It's a deal, not a big deal.
It’s my birthday and it’s best celebrated with an early dinner at The Palm or other good steak house. Rarely make it to midnight. Best ever was the “millennium” birthday when I turned 50 ....with fireworks and gala at Ritz Carlton in Pentagon City.

January 1 is an annual Holy Day of Obligation, the Circumcision of baby Jesus, which requires that a Catholic go to mass that day, otherwise you’ve commited a mortal sin. If you have a mortal sin in your portfolio, and you get killed before you get a chance to go to Confession (or whatever they call it these days) and receive absolution from a priest, you go straight to hell. Those were the ironclad rules I was taught by the nuns, priests and my parents.

So my answer to your question is I haven’t been out on New Year’s Eve since Dec. 31, 1999. Everytime I went out on New Year’s Eve I sinned abundantly. Most other times out also. I haven’t been to Confession since high school. I’m going straight to hell where I will join an untold number of Catholics who were raised by the same rules. That is the rule. Try as the Catholic Church may, you can’t just change rules willynilly after they’ve been hammered into your head from birth. That’s another rule.

There’s different rules for everything (also a rule).
I thought January 1st was the Solemnity of Mary, the Holy Mother of God according to the church bulletin & calendar.

Reactions: Victor E. Bell
It used to be when the Astro-Bluebonnet Bowl was alive and well..

This is when bowls were good...even one of these lesser bowls had some really good matchups.

Other favorite non-NYD bowls include the Tangerine Bowl and the Holiday Bowls.

Reactions: PSU Dave
It used to be when the Astro-Bluebonnet Bowl was alive and well..

This is when bowls were good...even one of these lesser bowls had some really good matchups.

Other favorite non-NYD bowls include the Tangerine Bowl and the Holiday Bowls.

It’s just not the same without Kathy

IUEGMXNIIDSQBZKMLJFA63XAIQ.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT