ADVERTISEMENT

Is Narduzzi on the hot seat?

Nah - too many jockstrap sniffers in the Pgh media love the guy and spew the Pitt propaganda. Like the mainstream media political writers, they spew fake news and direct narrative. I think they have all drank too much cool-aid and will look past the slow start.

Pitt homer and Trib review writer had his headline on Sat morning something to the effect of Pitt nearing a RARE 1-3 start? Yet in the first sentence of the article, he says it has happened 3 other times since 2000. That is 13% of the time by my math and that was before they lost last night.

Define rare? Rare is what? 1 in 50 or 100 would to be reasonable as rare. Seems pretty probable that Pitt will start 1-3 in any given season - now at 17% chance. Rare my ass.

No, he’s had more success at Pitt than anyone else since the 80’s. He’ll need another year or two like this to get fired.

Zero chance. Pitt has five 9+ win seasons in the last 40 years and two of them were the past two seasons

Nah - too many jockstrap sniffers in the Pgh media love the guy and spew the Pitt propaganda. Like the mainstream media political writers, they spew fake news and direct narrative. I think they have all drank too much cool-aid and will look past the slow start.

Pitt homer and Trib review writer had his headline on Sat morning something to the effect of Pitt nearing a RARE 1-3 start? Yet in the first sentence of the article, he says it has happened 3 other times since 2000. That is 13% of the time by my math and that was before they lost last night.

Define rare? Rare is what? 1 in 50 or 100 would to be reasonable as rare. Seems pretty probable that Pitt will start 1-3 in any given season - now at 17% chance. Rare my ass.
Narduzzi doesn’t have as many friends in the media as you might think. In fact, there are probably just as many who’ll have zero sympathy for his downfall at Pitt (if that’s what this is) due to his stubbornness throughout the years.

FIFY

Zero chance. Pitt has five 9+ win seasons in the last 40 years and two of them were the past two seasons
Just noted that Pitt has zero FBS wins so far this season. Keep that up and I take the above back.

Reactions: bison13
I think his act is wearing thin with many Pitt fans. Others buy into his personality and when in trouble he’ll take a shot at Penn State and get some back onside.

As long as he wins 8 games or more and makes a bowl game then I think his job is safe. After so many years of mediocrity, there’s no expectation of NY6, (much less playoff appearances), with Pitt fans.

I think his act is wearing thin with many Pitt fans. Others buy into his personality and when in trouble he’ll take a shot at Penn State and get some back onside.

As long as he wins 8 games or more and makes a bowl game then I think his job is safe. After so many years of mediocrity, there’s no expectation of NY6, (much less playoff appearances), with Pitt fans.
If he gets to 8 wins this year, he deserves to win COTY. Our remaining schedule looks like this:

at Virginia Tech (toss up)
vs Louisville (loss)
at Wake Forest (probable loss)
at Notre Dame (lol)
vs Florida State (lol x2)
at Syracuse (loss)
vs Boston College (toss up)
at Duke (big L)

Now assuming we finish anywhere from 1-11 to 3-9 this season, he’ll have to go at least 8-4 next season or else they’re going to start passing around the collection pots. He might have a chance with a weak schedule and a new OC/QB, though

I think Pitt leadership gained a new understanding of their proverbial ceiling after running off Walt Harris over unrealistic expectations.

Reactions: JJTopp99
If he gets to 8 wins this year, he deserves to win COTY. Our remaining schedule looks like this:

vs Louisville (loss)
at Notre Dame (lol)
at Syracuse (loss)
at Duke (big L)

Now assuming we finish anywhere from 1-11 to 3-9 this season, he’ll have to go at least 8-4 next season or else they’re going to start passing around the collection pots. He might have a chance with a weak schedule and a new OC/QB, though
My Pitt fan friends (mainly CMU grads) that I bantor with have been sticking up for Duzzy and Jurkovec and naturally I believe Veilleux could do better than what we saw during the Cincy and WVU games.

Then one of the boys sent me an article based upon Veilleux's performance yesterday that after Veilleux got into the game yesterday it proved that Jurkovec should be the starting Pitt QB.

My response to them was based upon the fact that Jurkovec won't be back next year and it seems that if Jurkovec, or likely even if Veilleux starts some games, that Pitt is headed for 4-8 this season. But if Duzzy sticks with Jurkovec and does not sort out his younger QB's so that he has one returning in 2024 that has at least a couple of games of experience that Pitt will likely be 4-8 also in 2024.

It would be a tough thing for someone as football psycho as Duzzy to play somewhat for the next season, but when he gets to 6 losses with good teams yet to play and even an irrevelant bowl bid (trip to NY or Detroit or some other undesirable destination.....) lost surely it would be in the best interests of his program to try and develop his next QB.

My Pitt fan friends (mainly CMU grads) that I bantor with have been sticking up for Duzzy and Jurkovec and naturally I believe Veilleux could do better than what we saw during the Cincy and WVU games.

Then one of the boys sent me an article based upon Veilleux's performance yesterday that after Veilleux got into the game yesterday it proved that Jurkovec should be the starting Pitt QB.

My response to them was based upon the fact that Jurkovec won't be back next year and it seems that if Jurkovec, or likely even if Veilleux starts some games, that Pitt is headed for 4-8 this season. But if Duzzy sticks with Jurkovec and does not sort out his younger QB's so that he has one returning in 2024 that has at least a couple of games of experience that Pitt will likely be 4-8 also in 2024.

It would be a tough thing for someone as football psycho as Duzzy to play somewhat for the next season, but when he gets to 6 losses with good teams yet to play and even an irrevelant bowl bid (trip to NY or Detroit or some other undesirable destination.....) lost surely it would be in the best interests of his program to try and develop his next QB.
I had the same rationale as you after the Cincinnati game. My argument was that if you don’t think you can make the ACC Championship game with Jurkovec (laughable in hindsight), then you start Veilleux or Yarnell. At this point, we aren’t making a bowl game regardless, so why start a guy who A) won’t be here next year and B) just isn’t that good?

Personally, I like Yarnell more because I thought he played well last year and comes from a stronger lineage of QBs in Texas. However, I’m fine with either and I think Veillieux would look alright if given a full week of prep as the starter.

Reactions: GregInPitt

😳

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
I have always hated starting a 5th year (6th in this case) at QB for the first time especially if the rest of the roster isn't a contender. To me it is always a wasted year. I know that they often give you the best chance to succeed but I don't like it.

Pitt has the most delusional fan base around. He is on the hot seat because "best case, we finish 7-5 or 6-6. This is unacceptable for our program". Wake up, that has been your program for 40 years, save 2-3 seasons.

Reactions: bison13

I couldn’t see the game as I don’t have ACCN. Heard that Veilleux did not play well but what were the conditions? He came in late with the team losing and the defense knowing he had to pass. Plus the Pitt O line has looked bad all season so was there time to even set up for a pass? And was it raining there?

Give the kid a week of practice and start him for a fair evaluation. If he stinks go to #3. That’s too hard to figure out, even for Duzzy.

he is now 0-2 with portal QB's - maybe should get back to home grown since the was the last good one Pitt had.

Reactions: joeaubie21

vs Louisville (loss)
at Notre Dame (lol)
at Syracuse (loss)
at Duke (big L)

Tough schedule for you guys remaining...and..I bet DUKE beats Notre Dame this coming weekend...ACC could be wide open..Syracuse ? Duke? FSU? Notre dame ? Def one of the ACC's better years as far as competitiveness from top to bottom..

Reactions: The Spin Meister

vs Louisville (loss)
at Notre Dame (lol)
at Syracuse (loss)
at Duke (big L)

Two years from now Narduzzi will likely be defensive backfield coach at Southeastern Iowa State with a contract provision that says he isn't allowed to talk with any recruit or interact with any offensive players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT