ADVERTISEMENT

Is Kevin Givens as unblockable as he looked to me?

KnightSlayer

Sep 8, 2014
I only saw one play where he wasn't in the backfield almost as soon as the ball was snapped. Even when he was double teamed he seemed to just barrel between the two blockers. He may not have had any sacks and only two tackles but, he was a constant disruption in the backfield.

I'm a bit more worried about the DE than the DT positions but, with a bit more experience and discipline, I think DLine will become a strength as the season progresses.

I only saw one play where he wasn't in the backfield almost as soon as the ball was snapped. Even when he was double teamed he seemed to just barrel between the two blockers. He may not have had any sacks and only two tackles but, he was a constant disruption in the backfield.

I'm a bit more worried about the DE than the DT positions but, with a bit more experience and discipline, I think DLine will become a strength as the season progresses.
I don't know, how unblockable did he look to you? :)

Reactions: Madsol

I couldn't honestly say but his stats were 2 assisted tackles. No unassisted tackles and no tackles for loss. He might have disrupted a number of plays but his stat line wasn't too exciting.

I think DE may be a significant plus this year with the way Sickles/Schwan/Miller/Bucholtz (sp) and Brown are playing. It's a real nice rotation w/o much of a drop off. JF's response during the press conference indicates that Schwan will be good to go Sat. Lets hope that's the case.

Miller just has to turn down those rocket boosters and contain the outside. KS set him up pretty good on that one run to the right side.

Givens had a nice game but no, didn't look unblockable. We will know a lot more about DLine this Sat

I couldn't honestly say but his stats were 2 assisted tackles. No unassisted tackles and no tackles for loss. He might have disrupted a number of plays but his stat line wasn't too exciting.
Disruption leads to tackles, tackles for loss and sacks by other players. That is valuable.

The Starting D Ends played well. The young DEnds made plays but also made some big mistakes that resulted in big plays for int State.

I am FAR FAR more concerned with LB play than the DL. They looked, as last year, a bit slow and made some wrong reads.
That being said it is only one game. Sometimes players get a bit to "excited" about the opening game and want to impress rather than let the game come to them. LB requires a good deal more "thinking" than DL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT