ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa is 10-8 under KF and won the last two...

Why are you all expecting to blow us out again?
Go away, tool. Almost nobody on either side contributed much in the 2021 game, and if any kind of backup had been developed it would have gone the other way, so your cherry-picked stats are irrelevant.

But if you seriously can't figure it out, then last year you lost 5 games, including to Iowa State, Illinois, and Nebraska, and then had yet another pedestrian recruiting class, and a whole bunch of drama off the field. Meanwhile we got lots of highly-recruited kids valuable playing time last season, and now have a Quarterback with a real arm for the first time in what seems like forever, playing at home.

Come back on Sunday morning, and bring your shine box.

• Haha
Reactions: GregInPitt
Go away, tool. Almost nobody on either side contributed much in the 2021 game, and if any kind of backup had been developed it would have gone the other way, so your cherry-picked stats are irrelevant.

But if you seriously can't figure it out, then last year you lost 5 games, including to Iowa State, Illinois, and Nebraska, and then had yet another pedestrian recruiting class, and a whole bunch of drama off the field. Meanwhile we got lots of highly-recruited kids valuable playing time last season, and now have a Quarterback with a real arm for the first time in what seems like forever, playing at home.

Come back on Sunday morning, and bring your shine box.
Who will be going up against the first good defense of his career Saturday. PSU QBs are usually good for 2 or 3 picks against Iowa.

Why are you trying to bait this forum? Most people here aren't expecting a blowout.

The line seems about right. PSU probably has the talent to score some points on Iowa but I don't think the team is playing well enough offensively at this point in the season. I expect a relatively tight game and PSU's depth takes over late in the 2nd half.

Iowa's got some injuries on offense, doubtful they'll be able to keep up with PSU in this one. The spread is -14 for a reason. That isnt particularly close. Just like injuries to PSU helped Iowa to come back from a deficit and win in 2021, this year it looks like Iowa is the one with some depth problems.
If they were healthy it probably would be a more even matchup.

Reactions: Sullivan
Who will be going up against the first good defense of his career Saturday. PSU QBs are usually good for 2 or 3 picks against Iowa.
You know you can't just make up stats, right? 2020 and 2021, which were two of the worst PSU teams in the past decade, are the only times there were 2+ interceptions in the past decade. On the flipside, you should worry about your dogshit, recycled QB on Saturday, especially with no proven running backs.

Do you now understand the answer to your original question?

If we don't blow you out, we're not a top 10 team. Iowa, per usual, is not. Probably not top 25 at season's end. I'm expecting to easily cover the spread for reason. Our defense and a 107,000 will cause McNamara to shit his pants.

Why are you not posting on your own free board? I've visited your site and what a collection of delusional, hateful, and ignorant low lifes who need to get a life.

Just remember, if you or your friends are visiting for the game, you have to wear shoes and shirts if you intend to go into restaurants or other businesses here. This ain't Iowa. Also, if you illegally park your tractors or pickup trucks here they will be towed.

Reactions: Sullivan
Somehow I get the impression that you think Iowa is a recognized national football power. Year after year, Iowa is in the same group of alsorans like Nebraska, Minnesota, Kansas, Illinois, and Iowa State. Accept it.

Allar has literally NEVER thrown an interception in a PSU uniform. While it's possible he throws one or more, I don't think I would use that as my sole reason as to why IA should be a favorite. That's quite a stretch.

Reactions: indynittany
I don't personally know anyone that is expecting PSU to "blow out" Iowa. There is certainly heightened confidence given the injuries Iowa has suffered plus the gambling issues in the off season. All the PSU fans are hoping that and the white out will combine to result in a convincing PSU victory. Having said that, Iowa's defense is as good as any and they always find a way to play PSU tough.

Perhaps your argument is with Vegas?

I don't personally know anyone that is expecting PSU to "blow out" Iowa. There is certainly heightened confidence given the injuries Iowa has suffered plus the gambling issues in the off season. All the PSU fans are hoping that and the white out will combine to result in a convincing PSU victory. Having said that, Iowa's defense is as good as any and they always find a way to play PSU tough.

Or, perhaps he has an inferiority complex that spills over into baseless and rash expressions.

Reactions: Obliviax
If we don't blow you out, we're not a top 10 team. Iowa, per usual, is not. Probably not top 25 at season's end. I'm expecting to easily cover the spread for reason. Our defense and a 107,000 will cause McNamara to shit his pants.

Why are you not posting on your own free board? I've visited your site and what a collection of delusional, hateful, and ignorant low lifes who need to get a life.

Just remember, if you or your friends are visiting for the game, you have to wear shoes and shirts if you intend to go into restaurants or other businesses here. This ain't Iowa. Also, if you illegally park your tractors or pickup trucks here they will be towed.
HEY HEY HEY...my wife is from Iowa and that is a totally offensive and....wait, no, nevermind. I have been at an IHOP in IA and there was a guy wearing this, only he wasn't as fit, nor clean.

portrait-of-a-man-standing-wearing-overalls.jpg

Reactions: hawkeyes27
HEY HEY HEY...my wife is from Iowa and that is a totally offensive and....wait, no, nevermind. I have been at an IHOP in IA and there was a guy wearing this, only he wasn't as fit, nor clean.

What is the old Minnesota joke?

Guy A: nobody but hoes and hockey players come from Minnesota!
Guy B: hey, my wife is from Minnesota?
Guy A: What position does she play?

what KF did against Paterno is meaningless. He’s 2-4 against Franklin with the wins being the Covid season and against a 3rd string qb who couldn’t get a snap off. Assuming we can avoid those two scenarios this weekend. Screw Kirk and the rat he’s riding in on.

Reactions: PSUCYCLING

Iowa wives are welcome in opposing stadiums…

I think Iowa will be top 25 by year end. Which team in the West will have a better record?

I'm worried that the rain will take the edge off the whiteout crowd and that PSU could turn the ball over for the first time this season. Remember last year's relatively close game with Northwestern in the rain? We had 5 turnovers.

The rain could be a big equalizer.

Reactions: Obliviax
just checking the stats.

The Iowa QB is 38 for 71 with 3 INTs and 4 TDs, 417 total yards with a 113 rating
Allar is 59 out of 88 with zero INTs and 4 TDs, 737 total yards with a 245 rating

Both teams have had three fumbles with none lost.

Sorry Heckman, no offense to your wife. At least she was rescued by a Penn Stater. By the way, that guy in your picture was a grad in the Iowa MBA program.

I think Iowa will be top 25 by year end. Which team in the West will have a better record?

Winning the west doesn't guarantee a top 25 finish. No one finished ranked out of the west last season. Not sure this year's batch of teams is any better.

Sometime around 11 to 1130 and Saturday night we’re going to know the answer to all of these questions.

what KF did against Paterno is meaningless. He’s 2-4 against Franklin with the wins being the Covid season and against a 3rd string qb who couldn’t get a snap off. Assuming we can avoid those two scenarios this weekend. Screw Kirk and the rat he’s riding in on.
Yes KF is 2-4 vs. Franklin, but are the '17,'18,'19 Penn State teams good enough teams to base my assumption that you won't blow us out on? You won those three by a combined 13 points.

Again, not sure why there is a sentiment that you all will cover the 14.5

After our game, they play:

Sparty
Purdue
Wisconsin
Minnesota
NW
Rutgers
Illinois
Nebraska

Wisconsin, Illinois or Rutgers could be their toughest remaining game. Wisky is the only one they are an underdog in currently. Realistically, they could finish 11-1 or 10-2 if we beat them and probably 11-1 or even 12-0 if they beat us.

I think as long as they get 9 wins, they likely finish ranked.

Yes KF is 2-4 vs. Franklin, but are the '17,'18,'19 Penn State teams good enough teams to base my assumption that you won't blow us out on? You won those three by a combined 13 points.

'17 is probably the outlier of that group. I would have expected them to have the '16 win more than I would have the '16 team. Road vs home I guess?

I think the biggest points of contention are

1. Can you guys run on us consistently? If you can keep in good down and distance, you can scheme towards the weaknesses of our defense. If we can get you into obvious passing situations, it's gonna be sacks, picks, or 1st downs. Watching Illinois, I think they knew they were going to have to pass to win and we came away with picks. The yardage might not be great, but I don't think they ran enough.

2. Can your DL control the game? I don't look for 7-8 man boxes 75% of the time, but how will our OL do? Who is going to generate stops for you?

3. Spread is -15 on ESPN now. Injuries pushing it? If it rains or forecast changes, I'd say the # comes down. Sagarin has it around -9 based on his power ratings.

With all the talk about the Iowa RBs out, I think people are overlooking their good TE, who is also injured.

Reactions: tlbakernc

Probably because your offense is anemic and missing key contributors?

If you want insight into why the spread has gone up since it was released I’d suggest you pose the question here.

'17 is probably the outlier of that group. I would have expected them to have the '16 win more than I would have the '16 team. Road vs home I guess?

I think the biggest points of contention are

1. Can you guys run on us consistently? If you can keep in good down and distance, you can scheme towards the weaknesses of our defense. If we can get you into obvious passing situations, it's gonna be sacks, picks, or 1st downs. Watching Illinois, I think they knew they were going to have to pass to win and we came away with picks. The yardage might not be great, but I don't think they ran enough.

2. Can your DL control the game? I don't look for 7-8 man boxes 75% of the time, but how will our OL do? Who is going to generate stops for you?

3. Spread is -15 on ESPN now. Injuries pushing it? If it rains or forecast changes, I'd say the # comes down. Sagarin has it around -9 based on his power ratings.
The 2 questionable RBs are 2nd & 3rd in total yds. Their top RB Williams is expected to play. I think TE Lachey is a bigger loss. I expect Iowa to throw more to their RBs this week. I just hope we don't get burned on over pursuit.

I don't expect to get 5 TOs this week. Altmyer was careless with his throws. PSU applied pressure but a few of those were horrible. Altmyer never saw Carter. INTs by Miller & Dixon were ridiculously careless throws. We'll be lucky to get 2 TOs this week and only give up 1.

I haven't seen our OL create a lot of running room for our RBs except when we physically overpowered Delaware. I'd like to think that will change on Saturday but I'm going to have to see it to believe it. Iowa will attack the LOS just like Illinois.

PSU's streak of scoring 30+ points will probably come to an end unless we get a defensive score. I'll say we score 24. I don't think Iowa can score 24 unless we turn the ball over.

The 2 questionable RBs are 2nd & 3rd in total yds. Their top RB Williams is expected to play. I think TE Lachey is a bigger loss. I expect Iowa to throw more to their RBs this week. I just hope we don't get burned on over pursuit.

I don't expect to get 5 TOs this week. Altmyer was careless with his throws. PSU applied pressure but a few of those were horrible. Altmyer never saw Carter. INTs by Miller & Dixon were ridiculously careless throws. We'll be lucky to get 2 TOs this week and only give up 1.

I haven't seen our OL create a lot of running room for our RBs except when we physically overpowered Delaware. I'd like to think that will change on Saturday but I'm going to have to see it to believe it. Iowa will attack the LOS just like Illinois.

PSU's streak of scoring 30+ points will probably come to an end unless we get a defensive score. I'll say we score 24. I don't think Iowa can score 24 unless we turn the ball over.

The stats are misleading for the RBs. Williams has the most rushing yards because he's been healthy. He could turn opportunity into starting when those guys are healthy, but he was the clear #3 coming into the season.

I agree, definitely don't expect 5 turnovers. However, game flow will affect that. We are going to be coming for fumbles. Particularly with a young back field. Man coverage will be big too. Can McNamara place the ball well? Will he have time?

Big game for the OL.

Almost all of his yardage came in their last game against western mich. His stat line the first two weeks:
1 carry for 3 yards and 1 reception for 2 yards against Iowa State
6 carries for 16 yards and 2 receptions for 12 yards against Utah State

Reactions: lazydave841
The stats are misleading for the RBs. Williams has the most rushing yards because he's been healthy. He could turn opportunity into starting when those guys are healthy, but he was the clear #3 coming into the season.

I agree, definitely don't expect 5 turnovers. However, game flow will affect that. We are going to be coming for fumbles. Particularly with a young back field. Man coverage will be big too. Can McNamara place the ball well? Will he have time?

Big game for the OL.

just checking the stats.

The Iowa QB is 38 for 71 with 3 INTs and 4 TDs, 417 total yards with a 113 rating
Allar is 59 out of 88 with zero INTs and 4 TDs, 737 total yards with a 245 rating

Both teams have had three fumbles with none lost.

McNamara is a talented QB, so if he can't get an offense going at Iowa, maybe there's something else holding that offense back, i.e. nepotism? PSU fans know a bit about that subject.

Can't see why any Iowa fan would talk up how their defense plays against PSU. In 2021 PSU was scoring at will, right in front of the abnoxious Iowa fans, until Clifford was cheep shotted and had to leave the game. PSU would have scored 50 points on that sorry Iowa defense if Clifford had not been injured.

Maybe the'll tell us about all those 4 and 5 star recruits on that steller Iowa defense........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT