ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa-Illinois

fortheglory94

Dec 7, 2009
Anybody watching this one? Chertow strikes me as the Tony Romo of wrestling announcing. Talking constantly throughout the match, actually using wrestling terminology and telling us the names of moves. I find it such a great upgrade from Gibbons earlier, great energy. Even Sparks can't get too many words in!

Neutral back exposure but the ref only signaled a one count. While he was probably exposed for a two count (or longer?), that was a bad call without a referee’s count.
I should have said I don’t know how you can call exposure when you only counted to one. That would be like calling a guy for hanging on an ankle without letting him know your counting.

Anybody watching this one? Chertow strikes me as the Tony Romo of wrestling announcing. Talking constantly throughout the match, actually using wrestling terminology and telling us the names of moves. I find it such a great upgrade from Gibbons earlier, great energy. Even Sparks can't get too many words in!
Did Chertow just call Iowa "Transfer U"? Ouch

0G2Gk32.gif

A few very HR-style comments sprinkled in here. Someday, when he’s not a teenager busting his butt for his sport, maybe Murin will spend Friday nights on a fan forum like we are. Until then, seems like picking on his emotional reaction is harsh. First Iowa wrestler’s reaction to a match I’ve liked all season.

I’m sure everybody here will agree, some tears are okay. I guess for some, it’s only if you won.

The Murin takedown was a three count neutral danger zone.

Just my thought on that review call, but if it is so close it takes you a minute or two looking at it multiple times to determine if there was a three count then it isn't definitive enough to change the call. Second, a good ref would be counting as he was moving into position if he can tell there is exposure which there was. Not a high quality moment for official.

Reactions: PA Power
A few very HR-style comments sprinkled in here. Someday, when he’s not a teenager busting his butt for his sport, maybe Murin will spend Friday nights on a fan forum like we are. Until then, seems like picking on his emotional reaction is harsh. First Iowa wrestler’s reaction to a match I’ve liked all season.

I’m sure everybody here will agree, some tears are okay. I guess for some, it’s only if you won.

That'll be a great comparison -- once Murin breaks his neck, has the coaches tell him to retire, defies them and reaches the podium.

Chances are none of those things will happen.

Just my thought on that review call, but if it is so close it takes you a minute or two looking at it multiple times to determine if there was a three count then it isn't definitive enough to change the call. Second, a good ref would be counting as he was moving into position if he can tell there is exposure which there was. Not a high quality moment for official.
My problem with it was he only swiped once. The ref needs to count so the wrestler in danger knows he needs to improve his position.

obviousy the ref didn't count it else the review wouldn't have been needed. Would like to know the factual details (what the ref's say) as this opens replay for 'counts', no?

One guy cries after reaching his ultimate goal after 6 years of injury and frustration - a mere 3 months after thinking his career was over.

The other guy cries for blowing a match that was all but handed to him in late January in front of about 200 people. This after juvenile outbursts in several other matches this year

Apples and oranges

One guy cries after reaching his ultimate goal after 6 years of injury and frustration - a mere 3 months after thinking his career was over.

The other guy cries for blowing a match that was all but handed to him in late January in front of about 200 people. This after juvenile outbursts in several other matches this year

Apples and oranges
Does that make Illinois apples?

My problem with it was he only swiped once. The ref needs to count so the wrestler in danger knows he needs to improve his position.
That is why I said a good official would be counting as he is moving into better position.
However, assuming it takes 3 or 4 seconds for the ref to recognize what is going on and once the lightbulb goes off he counts and swipes twice I would be much more accepting of a review correction. The one would be obvious, not requiring a couple minutes to determine. As far as the kid needing to know he is in trouble, Carr knew.

Could the ref have been counting aloud?

I mean, it's not like either wrestler should be trying to locate the ref to watch for swipes.

So all you guys can bitch about is Murin crying..Why no bitching about the way the Ill guy made fun of it.? If Desanto does that to some one holy crap you all would want him dq and miss some matches..Nice you can really hate us that much when you beat us all the time right now. When Gable was wining every one hated us and all we would say thats ok as long as we win.

Reactions: lookleft goright
So all you guys can bitch about is Murin crying..Why no bitching about the way the Ill guy made fun of it.? If Desanto does that to some one holy crap you all would want him dq and miss some matches..Nice you can really hate us that much when you beat us all the time right now. When Gable was wining every one hated us and all we would say thats ok as long as we win.

I have no problem with a young man showing his emotions. He lost. He cares.....deeply. Good for him. The fact that he is a Pa. guy who wrestled 20 miles from my house has no bearing on my opinion. None

I don't think anyone was "bitching" about him crying. Heck a good number of HR posters were commenting on him crying. Have to admit you don't see that everyday in wrestling.

Did Kid Kamura snap anyone’s arm today ?? Oh ... he was benched.

Stop ducking tOSU, Michigan & PSU.

Reactions: Dogwelder
So, your fan base is sensitive, too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT