ADVERTISEMENT

Invitation to join BWI's College Football Pick'Em

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
It's college football time, and once again I'm staging a BWI College Football Pick'Em.

Info about it, and instructions for how to join, are in a pinned post on the BWI/McAndrew board (direct link to the post is: https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/2021-bwi-college-football-pickem.302235/#post-5679828)

It's just a bragging rights competition -- there's no fee to enter, and you don't win anything other than bragging rights if you participate. There is a weekly competition, and a season-long competition. (Info about the top 10 in the 2019 season-long competition is contained in the pinned post.)

With the exception of 2020 (due to the delayed start to the football season, and lots of canceled games), I've put this together every year since 2001. Last year, @SJLuvsLions participated. He did okay some weeks. ;)

I do ask that those that sign up make a commitment to play each week. The host software limits the number of participants to 100, so it's unfair to sign up and then not participate, especially as most years there are folks that play each year that miss signing up due to vacation or whatever, and then can't get in as the maximum number of participants has been reached.

The pinned post has most of the info you'll need, but in essence, there are a slate of games each week that are Yahoo! top games, games involving Top 25 teams, and B1G games. All you do is pick the winners -- we're not playing against the spread. There is also a tiebreaker for each week's competition, which is used to break ties if multiple people have the same number of correct picks in the weekly slate.

Any questions, don't hesitate to post them, and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

I do post a weekly reminder to get your picks in for that week's slate, and also post the weekly results each week.

The competition starts on Sep. 3rd, but the slate of games for Week 1's competition are already up.

Please try to use your board handle for the name of your Pick Set (it's basically what you call yourself in the competition, so board handles makes it much easier for everyone to follow how the competition is going).

Best of luck to all that elect to join.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News