ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana upset about not getting a NYD6 bowl

I don’t disagree with him about football this year. But IU also got the patronage for a long time in men’s hoops.
The difference being that basketball has 68 teams in the playoff so it is pretty much settled on the floor. B1G tournament as well

Reactions: LMTLION
More schools in the B1G complaining about the conference just pushing tOSU &UM. This guy is the former AD at Indiana

How long can the B1G keep this up?

Some advice for Seymour Ass and other ADs and presidents who feel their institutions aren't being fairly treated by the Big Ten: there are twelve of you and only two of them. Get your act together or STFU.

Nobody’s gonna’ say or do anything because, in the end, it’s all about the $$. Besides, Dabo didn’t even have IU in the top 11.

At times like this, let’s count our blessings knowing that Penn State is part of the b1g power structure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Everyone knows Warren eff'd this whole thing up from the beginning. Then Alvarez paved the way for OSU to have the easiest schedule to get to the CFP. When games started being cancelled, had to scrap the minimum game rule. Throw in a CFP chair in Beta Male Barta who rolled over for his SEC, ACC and Big 12 committee members, thus screwing his own conference (in particular IU, NU or his own school, Iowa) in not advocating for them. Does anyone really think if UM was 6-1, there would have been any question they would be included? Absolutely not!!

Fred speaks the truth here.

I stated this on another thread. Went to an IU football message board and they are extremely pissed at the B10 for not having their backs. Well, welcome to the treatment Penn State has received since joining the B10. It has been and always will be about 2 schools and the others be dammed. Until the other 12 form their own conference leaving the favorite 2 out, nothing is going to change. The power that these 2 schools wield over the conference appears to be insurmountable. As someone posted, the rest of us are lucky to be playing football.

Some advice for Seymour Ass and other ADs and presidents who feel their institutions aren't being fairly treated by the Big Ten: there are twelve of you and only two of them. Get your act together or STFU.

It's ironic that Indiana dutifully rolled over and voted for the late changes to the rules even, if I recall the timeline correctly, when the Hoosiers still had a chance to play the required number of games for eligibility for the conference championship.

Get used to it IU this conference is all about two teams. Mainly One lately.

Last edited:
IU should just be happy they got away with stealing the first game of the season from PSU. If they lost that game as they should have, they wouldn't be pissed about not getting a NYD6 bowl.
Who wants to bet that IU will be back to their mediocre ways in football in another several years or so, and an afterthought. Programs like IU are capable of having brief good periods, but never have been able to sustain it historically, and that's probably what will happen again. They are similar to programs like Purdue, Minnesota, etc.

More schools in the B1G complaining about the conference just pushing tOSU &UM. This guy is the former AD at Indiana

If it wasn’t for Big officiating, they would have two losses and wouldn’t even be thinking about a NY6 bowl....if they think they’re at the bottom of the Big 10 hierarchy, where does that put PSU? The dirt on the gum on the bottom of the Big 10’s shoe?

Who wants to bet that IU will be back to their mediocre ways in football in another several years or so, and an afterthought. Programs like IU are capable of having brief good periods, but never have been able to sustain it historically, and that's probably what will happen again. They are similar to programs like Purdue, Minnesota, etc.
I’ll bet they’re back to mediocre next year.

IU should just be happy they got away with stealing the first game of the season from PSU. If they lost that game as they should have, they wouldn't be pissed about not getting a NYD6 bowl.

My thoughts as well. It sucks being screwed by the Good Old Boys Conference who doesn't want Penn State to be good in football. It is the hierarchy. Maybe you should have stood up and backed Penn State when we came into the league or stood up when they stole our $60 million and the conference balance of power might be a bit different.

That is because if a coach has success at a school such as IU, he is enticed away to a school with a bigger, more well known football reputation. Such as a coach leaving Vandy to go to Penn State.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
"is there any doubt they are the 2nd best team in the conference?"

Well, there was a team that outgained them 450 yards to 200 yards, so that team might be looked at as being better, that with any closer turnover battle that that team would blow IU out by 3 TD's............

Last edited:

If iu is feeling little brother syndrome, where does that leave Penn State given our history in the conference, including the loss to iu even after replay showed penix didn’t get in?

"is there any doubt they are the 2nd best team in the conference?"

Well, there was a team that outgained them 450 yards to 200 yards, so that team might me looked at as being better, that with any closer turnover battle that that team would blow IU out by 3 TD's............

Not attacking you personally, I have seen other mentions of this thinking on here. Basically, the "they were lucky to win so they didn't really win" line of thinking. I think we have been victims of this line of thinking as well, think back to the OSU "fluke" win. Surly, OSU fans were running to the message boards after that game saying "we were clearly better than them, if not for a very lucky FG block." Indiana was not all that impressive, but they did beat us, straight up. Our QB is prone to turnovers, he had a few in this game, that is not "lucky" that is who he is. Our defense typically gets cut to ribbons in late game situations, it's happened for a number of years, it happened again, not luck. Bad coaching decisions and clock management, not just he TD at the end of the game, but after IU makes their own bonehead decision and kicks the ball off about 10 yards, we have plenty of time to call a good offense and get into close FG range. We do not, in fact, we damn near go backwards. We missed I think 3 FG's that day.....BTW, Pinegar was still missing close FG's even this past weekend!

The point is, we had plenty of chances to win, but their players and their coaches made all the plays at the end of the game and we made none. Not IU's fault, and I was happy for them honestly. We need programs like IU to be competent BTW. We just are never going to run through this division unscathed, not with OSU there and I'm not sure Michigan and MSU are going to be down forever. Maryland has recruited well, Rutgers is not going to be a push over with Schiano there. We are going to lose some games, we need these teams to be good and we need them to be capable of the occasional upset against OSU from time to time.

Hey, welcome to the club! PSU fans have seen this bias for years. Glad someone who was previously on the inside of this conference is speaking out.

So, how did the B1G screw Indiana here? Did they not lobby hard enough for them to be in a NY6 bowl? I would think after OSU was a lock for the CFP, lobbying for Indiana would be a no brainer. What's the complaint? Or is this a perceived slight on behalf of the Hoosiers? Of the schools playing in NY6 games, only North Carolina is ranked lower than Indiana, but they played four more games. I think Indiana has a legit gripe, but nowhere near as legit as when Penn State, the conference champ who beat OSU in 2016, wasn't backed for the CFP.

Not attacking you personally, I have seen other mentions of this thinking on here. Basically, the "they were lucky to win so they didn't really win" line of thinking. I think we have been victims of this line of thinking as well, think back to the OSU "fluke" win. Surly, OSU fans were running to the message boards after that game saying "we were clearly better than them, if not for a very lucky FG block." Indiana was not all that impressive, but they did beat us, straight up. Our QB is prone to turnovers, he had a few in this game, that is not "lucky" that is who he is. Our defense typically gets cut to ribbons in late game situations, it's happened for a number of years, it happened again, not luck. Bad coaching decisions and clock management, not just he TD at the end of the game, but after IU makes their own bonehead decision and kicks the ball off about 10 yards, we have plenty of time to call a good offense and get into close FG range. We do not, in fact, we damn near go backwards. We missed I think 3 FG's that day.....BTW, Pinegar was still missing close FG's even this past weekend!

The point is, we had plenty of chances to win, but their players and their coaches made all the plays at the end of the game and we made none. Not IU's fault, and I was happy for them honestly. We need programs like IU to be competent BTW. We just are never going to run through this division unscathed, not with OSU there and I'm not sure Michigan and MSU are going to be down forever. Maryland has recruited well, Rutgers is not going to be a push over with Schiano there. We are going to lose some games, we need these teams to be good and we need them to be capable of the occasional upset against OSU from time to time.

True, a win is a win. But saying they are clearly the 2nd best team, like there is Oh-high-ya, then clearly IU, and then a drop off to the next tier of teams is B.S., and not reality.

Reactions: ram2020
Good. More people that recognize that they got screwed the better chance it gets fixed.

True, a win is a win. But saying they are clearly the 2nd best team, like there is Oh-high-ya, then clearly IU, and then a drop off to the next tier of teams is B.S., and not reality.
The win-loss records surely indicate otherwise. That is, after all, what the game is all about: Winning.

Indiana won. PSU, UM, MSU, RU, MD did not win as much.

WHo is the second best team?

The win-loss records surely indicate otherwise. That is, after all, what the game is all about: Winning.

Indiana won. PSU, UM, MSU, RU, MD did not win as much.

WHo is the second best team?

Re-read my post. I didn't say they were not the second best team. I said that they were not on a tier significantly above the rest of the teams, some of whom they squeaked by and were actually stomped statistically by, and that their former AD was off base in believing they were good enough to warrant some big attraction by the top bowls. Which seemed to be part of what he was crying about.

Last edited:
They are in the Outback, right? Which game with Big Ten ties did they think that they should be in? Citrus?

To: Commissioner Warren
Re: Fred Glass
This guy is an obvious trouble maker, and is trying to incite the serfs into a rebellion. I strongly suggest that for your own job security and the preservation of the natural order of the the BIG you should PSU them before this insanity spreads. Consider this your first and final warning.

NCAA just hit UF and Mullen with some sanctions. Too bad that did not include having to give up spot in NY6 Bowl.

If you're ranked #7 by AP, #8 by Coaches, and #11 by the CFB Playoff System it only makes sense that you should be one of the 12 teams to play in a NY6 game.

I assume the snub is due to conference tie in with the bowls and how much TV money the bowls can get for covering certain teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT