ADVERTISEMENT

In need of some prayers....

Strength and courage to your dad, to you, and to the family.

Prayer is a powerful way to focus your faith.....may everything turn out for the best!

Hi snider thank you for the post..he is seeing Dr Peter Allen tomorow in NYC to determine if he can have that procedure...hoping for the best

Do you know yet if the tumor has metastasized? Usually the whipple is only an option if you caught it early enough and the tumor is localized to the pancreas.

Hopefully it hasn't spread because the whipple is his best chance for beating the odds.

hey all just wanted to pass along that my father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer this weekend. He is a converted Penn State fan and now a diehard. He sent all 3 of his kids to Happy Valley from out of state and wanted to retire in happy valley. thanks in advance and if anyone has any advice regarding this disease please let me know.
Praying for your dad and knowing that by His stripes we are healed.

109, wishing your father, you, and your family the best. Prayers, buddy.

hey all just wanted to pass along that my father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer this weekend. He is a converted Penn State fan and now a diehard. He sent all 3 of his kids to Happy Valley from out of state and wanted to retire in happy valley. thanks in advance and if anyone has any advice regarding this disease please let me know.
Thought are with you and your dad, jersey.

Have 2 friends with this, both of whom had the whipple surgery. One was 67 and is 3 years post op and doing great. The other friend was 79 and 1 year post op and doing great. God bless y'all.

Prayers sent. Hopefully you and family will all be together during the Easter holiday to share past and to make new memories.

20 year survivor, was given 90days at the beginning. Find the best surgeon and go for it.
Prayers are with you.

Reactions: Corabi94

If you've got something to say to him, then say it; if you've got something you wanna do with him, then do it; if you just wanna hug 'em, then do it. While there's still time, of course.

Reactions: Peetz Pool Boy
Go to Hopkins or Memorial Sloan in Manhatten. I was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer last fall and went to both for a first and second opinion. Best of luck and prayers coming your way.

I would also add that cutting our processed sugar is critical although some doctors will say that there isn't solid proof that sugar feed cancer cells. Regardless, cutting out processed sugar will help if you believe it feeds cancer (I do) or by helping your dad lose weight since obesity (I don't know if this applies to your dad) can cause cancer.

I still get sugar from fruits as they contain antioxidants and even the people that believe sugar feeds cancer say that natural sugar has nowhere near the negative impact as processed sugar.

Most importantly, talk to the doctors and go by what they tell you. Searching the internet will give you a ton of contradicting information. I'm still learning and get differing opinions from everyone I talk to. It's a challenge to know what is and isn't the right thing to do...at least for me. Just get him to a top cancer hospital or facility asap.

Thoughts and prayers...may God's loving grace be with you and your family. Always remember John 3:16.

Peace be with you.

So sorry to hear this. Prayers for your father and your entire family. Stay strong and spend as much time with those you love

My advice, FWIW, would be to get treated at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore...supposed to be the best.

Prayers for your father and family headed your way!

I apologize for missing this thread when you originally posted it a few days ago. Your father, you and family are in my prayers.

As I read through this thread, I think Felli had some important messages.

If you've got something to say to him, then say it; if you've got something you wanna do with him, then do it; if you just wanna hug 'em, then do it. While there's still time, of course.

Sending prayers!!

I'm sorry to hear your father is in that situation. I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a year ago. I went to Sloan-Kettering, put myself under the care of Peter Allen and the other doctors working with him there. They performed a whipple procedure. I'm still in good shape, ready to start a new golf season and hoping for the best. I would strongly recommend that your father follow the advice of some others on this board, with whom I would concur, and consult with Sloan-Kettring.
Wonderful news! My dad went for the Whipple procedure in Pittsburg but it had spread so they stopped the surgery.

I'm sorry to hear your father is in that situation. I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a year ago. I went to Sloan-Kettering, put myself under the care of Peter Allen and the other doctors working with him there. They performed a whipple procedure. I'm still in good shape, ready to start a new golf season and hoping for the best. I would strongly recommend that your father follow the advice of some others on this board, with whom I would concur, and consult with Sloan-Kettring.
Best of luck to you, snider. You seem to have a great attitude.

I'm so sorry to here of this jerseylion.

You got those prayers coming your way in bunches sir.

Every one of the best cancer institutes has a specialiy. Find the best one (that's the one that determines the current protocol for pancreatic cancer) and take him there for a visit. If there protocol has recently changed get one of them in touch with your local doctor to train them up.

Protocol's change all the time and others find out when the research gets published.

I apologize for missing this thread when you originally posted it a few days ago. Your father, you and family are in my prayers.

As I read through this thread, I think Felli had some important messages.

Actually, the OP is from LAST year (not a few days ago). I didn't realize it, either. Hope his dad is doing ok, though.

my prayers are with you. this board is an amazing community. it helped me immensely in a somewhat similar situation 3 years ago. good luck!

Nothing is written in stone. This beast took my father (although he helped it along with his 3 Pall Mall packs a day habit) so I know what the odds are. He had a procedure they call the whipple done when he was first diagnosed back in 1987. The doctor took my mother and I into his office, got out his copy of Greys anatomy, described the procedure in detail and when he was done, said if he made it that far he had a 5% chance of getting off the table. He made it through and lived another 4 years, long enough to enjoy 3 of his 4 grandchildren. Treasure the time you have left be it long or short, and celebrate what you have accomplished in life so far. Good luck and may God bless you and your family.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT