ADVERTISEMENT

"I'm the quarterback of Ohio State, officer, there's nothing you can do?"

And that makes it's all OK how?
That was strictly aimed at the poster I responded to.

No one at tOSU, including Barrett, is excusing his actions. He was suspended for a game, fined, lost his license for 6 months, has to attend DUI classes, and had his summer scholarship revoked. It is what it is, he paid the price, and now it's time to move on.

And that makes it's all OK how?

I didn't even see the tO$U slack-jaw's response because I have the loser on ignore. The reason you don't understand what it has to do with the topic being discussed is because you don't share their misplaced priorities and perverted win-regardless-of-means, football-centric culture whereby their own self-worth is tied to how their favorite football teams do???

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle
Why wasn't he charged with under age drinking? he wont turn 21 until Jan 2016. is it legal to drink under 21 in ohio?

No doubt. Not only why no under--age drinking, why no prosecution for attempting to evade a law enforcement checkpoint via illegal u-turn? I'm sure the illegal u-turn is punishable under vehicular traffic codes and would be very surprised if doing such a thing in an attempt to avoid a LE Checkpoint (and being proven guilty of the crime - e.g., intoxicated at 4x the legal limit) isn't also in-&-of-itself a crime.

Won't happen again. Urban will make sure he has a couple on the fifty in his pocket next time.

First post, how quaint. Now actively attempting to avoid arrest, driving under the influence and making clearly arrogant, disrespectful statements to law enforcement after your arrest is "just attempting to get out of a ticket"? No, clearly you tO$U trash don't have a "culture problem".

What the heck is your problem? Everybody who says they'd try to get out of a ticket is a tO$U lover? You're f'd up man.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/11/12/jt-barrett-drunk-driving-arrest-video-dui/

Ohio State QB J.T. Barrett tried to go the Reese Witherspoon route during his drunk driving arrest -- asking the officer for special treatment because, "I'm the quarterback of Ohio State!"
It worked. He got off easy, considering he tried to evade them.
Reports are he blew a .099. according to cops.
The Ohio DMV website says:
1st Offense with a BAC between 0.08% and 0.17%:

• Mandatory imprisonment: 72 hours OR court ordered driver intervention program.
  • Fine: $375 to $1,075.
  • License suspension: 6 months to 3 years (Possibility of restricted driving privileges)

I don't really see a huge issue, because I don't know what it's like to be in his shoes. I'm not condoning his choice to drink and drive in the first place, but it's obviously a much bigger deal for him to get arrested than the average joe because the whole world knows about it.

Can't blame him for at least trying to get out of it. I'm sure he was nervous and aware of the possible ramifications.

Part of being famous for the good things you have done is being recognized for the bad things you do. If I am a nobody all the time, my good deeds won't be shouted from the rooftops and neither will my bad deeds. I never heard anyone say that a famous person is only required to be famous when they want to be.

BTW, no reason to be sure the officer even knew who he was until he said so--that is why he said it in the first place.

What you said is like saying you can be famous only so long as you are famous for the good you do, and you can pull it back when you do something bacd. Even BARRETT is not that foolish--HE tried to use the fact that he was famous. Sheesh.

What the heck is your problem? Everybody who says they'd try to get out of a ticket is a tO$U lover? You're f'd up man.

Listen tO$U doltboy, enough of your anti--fact horseccrap spin. He didn't "try to get out of a ticket" (more like multiple criminal counts on top of a vehicular moving violation "ticket"); he was more threatening the officers that he was going to get them in trouble with their superiors via his pull and status within Columbus establishment if they refused to relent and see the error of their ways. Don't know what planet you're from, but a back-handed threat is not "trying to get out of a ticket" and multiple criminal counts along with a moving violation is hardly "just a ticket" anywhere outside of perverted values, rationalize any, and all, behavior of our semi-pro football players homerville otherwise known as a-hi-a.

Listen tO$U doltboy, enough of your anti--fact horseccrap spin. He didn't "try to get out of a ticket" (more like multiple criminal counts on top of a vehicular moving violation "ticket"); he was more threatening the officers that he was going to get them in trouble with their superiors via his pull and status within Columbus establishment if they refused to relent and see the error of their ways. Don't know what planet you're from, but a back-handed threat is not "trying to get out of a ticket" and multiple criminal counts along with a moving violation is hardly "just a ticket" anywhere outside of perverted values, rationalize any, and all, behavior of our semi-pro football players homerville otherwise known as a-hi-a.

Woohoo! Vintage Bushwood at its finest. I love it.

11751709-large.jpg

For someone who doesn't like tOSU, you're sure obsessed with everything that happens there. What's it like to know your demons wear scarlet and gray?

I'm not talking about Barrett A-hole. I'm talking about me and the other guy who you called a tO$U lover, or doltboy or whatever term you like at the moment. I'm not a tO$U fan, I'm a PSU fan, I am a PSU alum. Please stop assigning titles to those of us who don't necessarily agree with you. Geesh

I'm not talking about Barrett A-hole. I'm talking about me and the other guy who you called a tO$U lover, or doltboy or whatever term you like at the moment. I'm not a tO$U fan, I'm a PSU fan, I am a PSU alum. Please stop assigning titles to those of us who don't necessarily agree with you. Geesh
Hold on while I get some popcorn. The clown is off his meds...this will get good. ;)

This is the best DUI excuse ever:

This may be the very best police report of 2008. When Charles Barkley was busted in Arizona early this morning for DUI, he told cops he ran a stop sign because he was in a hurry to get some oral sex.

The cops stopped Barkley after he allegedly ran a stop sign. According to the officer who wrote the report, "He told me that he ran the stop sign because he was in a hurry to pick up the girl I saw get in the passenger seat."

The officer continues: "He asked me to admit that she was 'hot.' He asked me, 'You want the truth?' When I told him I did he said, 'I was gonna drive around the corner and get a b**w job. He then explained that she had given him a 'b**w job' one week earlier and said it was the best one he had ever had in his life."

Agree with me? As if multiple infractions of the criminal code, including actively attempting to evade arrest and leave the scene of a crime along with the perpetuation of multiple other criminal violations is a "matter of opinion" and qualifies as "just attempting to avoid a ticket"??? I'm afraid your statements and lame-o attempts at minimization via spin are at variance with the FACTS tO$U toolboy and not a matter of "opinion" in the least. I don't need "agreement" from your lame arse to unquestionably demonstrate that every single one of your post is full of crap in this thread.....specifically very clearly full of crap of the sucknut variety.

Agree with me? As if multiple infractions of the criminal code, including actively attempting to evade arrest and leave the scene of a crime along with the perpetuation of multiple other criminal violations is a "matter of opinion" and qualifies as "just attempting to avoid a ticket"??? I'm afraid your statements and lame-o attempts at minimization via spin are at variance with the FACTS tO$U toolboy and not a matter of "opinion" in the least. I don't need "agreement" from your lame arse to unquestionably demonstrate that every single one of your post is full of crap in this thread.....specifically very clearly full of crap of the sucknut variety.

I don't think you get it. I'm not even talking about Barrett any more. I'm talking about the fact you keep affiliating me (and others) with tO$U. I'm insulted by it because I am a PSU fan and alum who hates tO$U. That is all.

Really can't argue with such a rational and unbiased viewpoint like that.

I don't think you get it. I'm not even talking about Barrett any more. I'm talking about the fact you keep affiliating me (and others) with tO$U. I'm insulted by it because I am a PSU fan and alum who hates tO$U. That is all.

I'm insulted that you claimed Barrett didn't attempt to evade arrest in my very first post in this thread, but even after being proved DEAD WRONG ON THE FACTS multiple times over, you still come on here making the bullshat, absurd, minimilization claim that all's he did was "try and avoid a ticket" (have made the claim repeatedly despite it clearly being a completely BS claim and what Barret did was far, far, far more serious, abhorent and egegious). Given that 100% of your posts in this string are aimed at both defending the indefensible and minimizing serious criminal violations and an abhorent attitude in regards to Barrett's CRIMINALITY, you very clearly fit the axiom "if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck; it's a duck" and you are a duck of the sucknut variety.

statements
I've been on this board for 11yrs and used to have over 200 posts, not sure why it appears to be my first. That being said, I'm in know way saying what he did was what I would've done. Also calling me an OSU fan is totally degrading, but if it makes you feel better have at it. I love PSU football more than most things in my life and have the tattoos to prove it. I just get tired of everyone passing judgement on people after the nightmare that we went through 4 yrs ago. So believe as you will. By the way my last child was named Connor in honor of one of my favorite State players ever. The same Fan Connor who got arrested for trying to take a knife on a plan. People make mistakes and i have too, doesn't make you a bad person.

Reactions: Westcoast24
I've been on this board for 11yrs and used to have over 200 posts, not sure why it appears to be my first. That being said, I'm in know way saying what he did was what I would've done. Also calling me an OSU fan is totally degrading, but if it makes you feel better have at it. I love PSU football more than most things in my life and have the tattoos to prove it. I just get tired of everyone passing judgement on people after the nightmare that we went through 4 yrs ago. So believe as you will. By the way my last child was named Connor in honor of one of my favorite State players ever. The same Fan Connor who got arrested for trying to take a knife on a plan. People make mistakes and i have too, doesn't make you a bad person.

Wow, you've got tattoos - can't argue with that kind shiz! Based on your final statement, I'm guessing this is TP himself:

"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever. I think that people need a second chance, and I've always looked up to Mike Vick, and I always will."

Terrelle Pryor May Not Be The Best Spokesman For Michael Vick

I'm insulted that you claimed Barrett didn't attempt to evade arrest in my very first post in this thread, but even after being proved DEAD WRONG ON THE FACTS multiple times over, you still come on here making the bullshat, absurd, minimilization claim that all's he did was "try and avoid a ticket" (have made the claim repeatedly despite it clearly being a completely BS claim and what Barret did was far, far, far more serious, abhorent and egegious). Given that 100% of your posts in this string are aimed at both defending the indefensible and minimizing serious criminal violations and an abhorent attitude in regards to Barrett's CRIMINALITY, you very clearly fit the axiom "if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck; it's a duck" and you are a duck of the sucknut variety.
LOUD NOISES

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you a thread full of Bushwood at his finest. He's back to normal!

I'm beginning to wonder if he actually believes in what he posts on the board. I hope he doesn't. If he does, my faith in humanity is going to drop even lower......can't imagine a living, breathing human, after hundreds of millennia of evolution, is as incapable as Bushwood.

You sir are a very bad reflection on our great fan base. Judging by the comments your getting an unpopular one also. Have at it,I'm done with ya!!

"Our great fan base"? Sorry, but you're sadly mistaken, I'm not a suckeye fan Mr. Post #1, 2 & 3 all in this thread defending Barrett's criminal behavior including attempting to evade arrest and leave the scene of a crime.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you a thread full of Bushwood at his finest. He's back to normal!

I'm beginning to wonder if he actually believes in what he posts on the board. I hope he doesn't. If he does, my faith in humanity is going to drop even lower......can't imagine a living, breathing human, after hundreds of millennia of evolution, is as incapable as Bushwood.
Mental illness is a terrible thing. Some are born that way, and some are self-inflicted. And some are both. In Bushie's case, I'm thinking the latter.

I have never tried to talk my way out of a citation by telling people who I was. I have said I did not do what they were saying I did. Two completely different things.
I have never tried to talk my way out of a citation by telling people who I was. I have said I did not do what they were saying I did. Two completely different things.

Well, you have to be "somebody" to try to get out of a citation by telling them who you were. If you watch the video, he wasn't pulling a Reese Witherspoon by being belligerent. He didn't pull
Out the "who I am" card at the beginning of the interaction. The police actually told him that he was cooperative. He didn't demand to be let go, just ask if they could do something. It was more of a last ditch plea at the end.

Reactions: gogolion

Lol, sure. And then Barrett asked if there was anything the officers could do to make sure PSU would never go 10 games without a bye again.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/11/12/jt-barrett-drunk-driving-arrest-video-dui/

Ohio State QB J.T. Barrett tried to go the Reese Witherspoon route during his drunk driving arrest -- asking the officer for special treatment because, "I'm the quarterback of Ohio State!"
Do any of you actually think Penn State players haven't tried the same thing hundreds of times before? How stupid do you have to be to think this only happens at Ohio State. I have a news flash for you. Division I football players have entitlement issues. It not just a OSU problem. It a PSU problem and a problem everywhere.

Didn't he first attempt to leave the scene of a crime and evade arrest as well? But the sucknut fans don't recognize the compounding behavior and character flaws revealed in this incident, and not dissimilar from past similar incidents involving tO$U semi-pro football players believing the are "entitled royalty" at tO$U - not ordinary students participating in an extracurricular activity???

This incident is not just some typical student getting cited for underage drinking on campus - Barret's unusual behavior, and tO$U's Athetic Department's lack of concern regarding this telling behavior pattern, are quite telling.

This is a typical response from those who hate OSU because of the success the Buckeyes have had. Except for the few crazies, most OSU fans were disappointed in Barrett's decision and feel that he deserves a justifiable punishment- which he received.

The wording you use "left the scene of a crime and evaded arrest"? That's taking a good deal of poetic license to the situation. He never evaded arrest. That's like saying that slowing back down to the speed limit because you see a highway patrolman down the highway is evading arrest. And please tell me what crime scene he left.

Entitled royalty? Ask any police officer if people they stop don't at least half the time look for some way to get out of a violation. Barrett brought it up once and was in no way acting entitled. That's confirmed by the police officer acknowledging that he was cooperative and respectful.

Then to extrapolate this incident to proof that OSU runs a semi-pro operation? I know I can't change your mind because you hate the success OSU football has had creating a bias, but the reality is the reality no matter how you try to

Reactions: gogolion
And while I get on some of the responses I see here, it is refreshing to see the PSU fans, which are in all likelihood the majority- even if it might be the minority in the message board, have a reasonable take on the situation.

And while I get on some of the responses I see here, it is refreshing to see the PSU fans, which are in all likelihood the majority- even if it might be the minority in the message board, have a reasonable take on the situation.
Thanks for your approval of the majority of our fan base, lol. Here is the deal. I am pretty sure responsible coaches tell their players "If I hear either that you were disrespectful to a police officer OR you tried to use your connection to this FB program to weasel out of something you did wrong, your punishment will be twice as severe." Does Urban tell his players some version of that? If not, why not? He was dui, which lots of CFB players and lots of college STUDENTS do. By itself, not such a big deal. He was polite. +1. But he attempted to get the cop to look the other way just b/c he is the QB of the OSU FB team. Bad mistake, and one that has not been addressed at all.

Now of course, if Urban has NEVER told his players that, then you would still hope that the kid would have enough sense not to do it, but he won't b/c he is a college kid. That is why you tell them.

But clearly either Urban never addressed it, or the kid was let totally off the hook for trying to use his status to get the cop to ignore his duty. Or, I guess, you could say that the punishment for dui is half a Minny game, and the punishment for representing OSU football as being corrupt is half a Minny game. Is that it?

Don't tell me you don't know, because you have defended this North South East and West. You must know whether Urby gave that warning to his players, right? So which is it?

Reactions: NitFan1974
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT