ADVERTISEMENT

"I'm the quarterback of Ohio State, officer, there's nothing you can do?"

I think that it worked. How many other people get stopped for dui and underage drinking and only get charged with a misdemeanor?

http://www.tmz.com/2015/11/12/jt-barrett-drunk-driving-arrest-video-dui/

Ohio State QB J.T. Barrett tried to go the Reese Witherspoon route during his drunk driving arrest -- asking the officer for special treatment because, "I'm the quarterback of Ohio State!"

tumblr_lvkcvcPVO81r4tlx4o6_r1_250.gif

I. AM. OUTRAGED. :eek:

Seriously, I am not surprised by the statement or the response.

Lol. Some of you must think Barrett was the first person to ever try to talk his way out of a traffic violation

Reactions: PSUinMICH
Mike Zordich was driving around town at night with headlights off. Paul Cronin shit all over the back of a police car.

Barrett made a stupid mistake. Our kids have too, and surely they've tried to get out of it.

Reactions: PSU_Nut
Lol. Some of you must think Barrett was the first person to ever try to talk his way out of a traffic violation
I have never tried to talk my way out of a citation by telling people who I was. I have said I did not do what they were saying I did. Two completely different things.

Reactions: TN Lion

Ohio State QB J.T. Barrett tried to go the Reese Witherspoon route during his drunk driving arrest -- asking the officer for special treatment because, "I'm the quarterback of Ohio State!"

Didn't he first attempt to leave the scene of a crime and evade arrest as well? But the sucknut fans don't recognize the compounding behavior and character flaws revealed in this incident, and not dissimilar from past similar incidents involving tO$U semi-pro football players believing the are "entitled royalty" at tO$U - not ordinary students participating in an extracurricular activity???

This incident is not just some typical student getting cited for underage drinking on campus - Barret's unusual behavior, and tO$U's Athetic Department's lack of concern regarding this telling behavior pattern, are quite telling.

But what if you did?

the-grinder-sunglasses.gif
I would fail just like I have failed by explaining that I did not do it. But I would be honorable, at least. I want to see the dashcam vid where the defendant looks right at the camera and says, "Your Honor, there is no probable cause for this stop. I move that the citation be dismissed with costs to the prosecution.:)"

I have never tried to talk my way out of a citation by telling people who I was. I have said I did not do what they were saying I did. Two completely different things.

Unless you have some sort of status or prominent name that you think may influence the officer, why would you say who you were? Saying "I'm an average joe, isn't there anything you can do?" isn't going to get you anywhere.

Didn't he first attempt to leave the scene of a crime and evade arrest as well? But the sucknut fans don't recognize the compounding behavior and character flaws revealed in this incident, and not dissimilar from past similar incidents involving tO$U semi-pro football players believing the are "entitled royalty" at tO$U - not ordinary students participating in an extracurricular activity???

This incident is not just some typical student getting cited for underage drinking on campus - Barret's unusual behavior, and tO$U's Athetic Department's lack of concern regarding this telling behavior pattern, are quite telling.

I'm not on top of the details of this case, but I haven't seen any reports of him trying to evade the police. As the officer said, he was cooperative and respectful. I have to disagree with you. This IS a typical student drinking incident. tOSU suspended him for a game. As far as I know Barrett hasn't been in trouble before so I'm not sure what you're talking about when you speak about his "unusual behavior" and "telling behavior pattern". I hate tOSU as much as the next Penn State fan, but this incident seems to have been handled properly as far as I'm concerned.

I would fail just like I have failed by explaining that I did not do it. But I would be honorable, at least. I want to see the dashcam vid where the defendant looks right at the camera and says, "Your Honor, there is no probable cause for this stop. I move that the citation be dismissed with costs to the prosecution.:)"

Have you watched the show "The Grinder?" Hillarious. I am not a HUGE Rob Lowe fan but he's perfect.

Opposing attorney: Objection!

The Grinder: Over ruled.

Opposing attorney: Your honor, he's not even a layer!

The Grinder: I'll allow it.

Unless you have some sort of status or prominent name that you think may influence the officer, why would you say who you were? Saying "I'm an average joe, isn't there anything you can do?" isn't going to get you anywhere.
I am not an average Joe, first off, but you seem to be skipping over the corrupt nature of Barrett's request.

Have you watched the show "The Grinder?" Hillarious. I am not a HUGE Rob Lowe fan but he's perfect.

Opposing attorney: Objection!

The Grinder: Over ruled.

Opposing attorney: Your honor, he's not even a layer!

The Grinder: I'll allow it.
I knew I was missing something there.

I am not an average Joe, first off, but you seem to be skipping over the corrupt nature of Barrett's request.

I have no idea who you are in "real life". I assumed most on here were "average joe's". Most people will do whatever they have to to get out of a ticket, especially something as potentially serious as drunk driving. Apparently you are one of the few who wouldn't.

Is lying by saying you didn't do the thing they said you did any more honorable?

tOSU suspended him for a game. As far as I know Barrett hasn't been in trouble before so I'm not sure what you're talking about when you speak about his "unusual behavior" and "telling behavior pattern". I hate tOSU as much as the next Penn State fan, but this incident seems to have been handled properly as far as I'm concerned.

He seems like a nice kid.

In the preliminary investigation report, both Barrett and his ex-girlfriend are listed as suspects and victims, and both declined to press charges. Barrett called 911 first, followed by his ex-girlfriend, both speaking in calm tones.

Barrett's ex-girlfriend told the 911 operator, "I have a domestic violence account," to start her call.

"My ex choked me and flung me across the room, and I'm pregnant," she continued.

She also said that Barrett put his elbow on her throat. She twice said no when asked if she needed a medic. She also said later in the call that there was broken glass in the room where the incident occurred.

I have no idea who you are in "real life". I assumed most on here were "average joe's". Most people will do whatever they have to to get out of a ticket, especially something as potentially serious as drunk driving. Apparently you are one of the few who wouldn't.

Is lying by saying you didn't do the thing they said you did any more honorable?
No, I only say it when I have not done the thing they say I did. I do not lie to the Po-Po. And sometimes I say nothing even when I know I have done nothing wrong because I know it would do no good. BTW, I have never been convicted in a case where I did not do it and I said I did not do it.

I'm not on top of the details of this case, but I haven't seen any reports of him trying to evade the police. As the officer said, he was cooperative and respectful. I have to disagree with you. This IS a typical student drinking incident. tOSU suspended him for a game. As far as I know Barrett hasn't been in trouble before so I'm not sure what you're talking about when you speak about his "unusual behavior" and "telling behavior pattern". I hate tOSU as much as the next Penn State fan, but this incident seems to have been handled properly as far as I'm concerned.

Really? Because I'm pretty sure this excerpt from the following reference says your full of $hit (just like your BS about not liking tO$U, but....blah, blah, blah). Here is but one source: Click here for link to source

And here is the excerpt:

The video shows Barrett's SUV pull out of line to try and dodge a DUI checkpoint, after which he is pulled over. The officer tells him he has alcohol on his breath, and then administers a field sobriety test and places Barrett under arrest.

As he's being handcuffed and led to the back of the police cruiser, he tells the officer, "I'm the quarterback of Ohio State ... officer, there's nothing you can do?"

The condescending and arrogant quote to the officer shows a clear lack of respect for authority and zero accountability or remorse for his behavior. The fact that you tO$U homers are attempting to characterize this disgraceful behavior as "respectful", "humble" and even remotely appropriate given the circumstances tells one everything they need to know about tO$U's troubled "football culture".

Last edited:
He seems like a nice kid.

In the preliminary investigation report, both Barrett and his ex-girlfriend are listed as suspects and victims, and both declined to press charges. Barrett called 911 first, followed by his ex-girlfriend, both speaking in calm tones.

Barrett's ex-girlfriend told the 911 operator, "I have a domestic violence account," to start her call.

"My ex choked me and flung me across the room, and I'm pregnant," she continued.

She also said that Barrett put his elbow on her throat. She twice said no when asked if she needed a medic. She also said later in the call that there was broken glass in the room where the incident occurred.
donald-glover-pulling-the-collar.0.gif

Really? Because I'm pretty sure this excerpt from the following reference says your full of $hit (just like your BS about not liking tO$U, but....blah, blah, blah).

Listen, I said "I'm not on top of the details of the case". So how am I full of poop? I am not a tOSU homer. I'm a Penn State grad and fan. WTF

O$U = success WITHOUT honor and everything that is wrong about college football.

I'd try the same Damn thing if I was him! As a former Marine I've escaped numerous tickets with the sticker on my vehicle. Wasn't necessarily my intention, but I didn't complain about it either.

I'd try the same Damn thing if I was him! As a former Marine I've escaped numerous tickets with the sticker on my vehicle. Wasn't necessarily my intention, but I didn't complain about it either.

First post, how quaint. Now actively attempting to avoid arrest, driving under the influence and making clearly arrogant, disrespectful statements to law enforcement after your arrest is "just attempting to get out of a ticket"? No, clearly you tO$U trash don't have a "culture problem".

Why wasn't he charged with under age drinking? he wont turn 21 until Jan 2016. is it legal to drink under 21 in ohio?

38-10.

I don't really see a huge issue, because I don't know what it's like to be in his shoes. I'm not condoning his choice to drink and drive in the first place, but it's obviously a much bigger deal for him to get arrested than the average joe because the whole world knows about it.

Can't blame him for at least trying to get out of it. I'm sure he was nervous and aware of the possible ramifications.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT