ADVERTISEMENT

I'm a centrist so please bear with me! Trump finances?

You should have taken my advice.

Hey but I have a great idea, let’s raise taxes and have the government use the revenues to subsidize the interest rate on your savings account! Shit, why didn’t I think of that sooner.
Ah, what the hell, just stuff it under the mattress.

Then vet the presidents before they are sworn in, along with their finances.
Also. vet the media and the members of Congress. You seem to have a blind spot with respect to Biden. It would be extremely interesting to see Hunter Bidens tax returns. The Bidens 411 corruption runs together and the returns would undoubtedly show many more instances of the Bidens taking huge amounts of disguised bribes.

The reason there is no legal requirement for presidential candidates to provide their tax returns is that the members of Congress don't want to file their tax returns. The returns of Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters would be extremely interesting.

Agree, although to be fair, a good bit of FoxNews is the exact same from the other direction.
Disagree. On the big issues of the last 4 years, Fox has been correct and accurate. From Russia to Mueller to impeachment - Fox News has been correct.

Reactions: Ski
WTF does a “fair” interest rate mean? Do yourself a favor and take that as a rhetorical question that you shouldn’t attempt to answer. :rolleyes:
You aren't going to get anywhere with him. He's not here to have a rational discussion.

I don't doubt what you say about Romney and Biden. They were the potus....yet:)

Trumpers have no argument defending Trump on this.

I will be like the self absorbed Bankos here:

This very easy to understand. Trump said he is completely transparent. Several presidents before him released their tax returns. Trump saying he is a look transparent should not have a problem releasing his tax returns like presidents before him. Yet Mr. Transparent. nothing to hide, doesn't want to release his tax returns.

And the. defense of Trump saying it's a witch hunt does not matter if Trump has nothing to hide.
Gorki,
Let's define nothing to hide. If he used every legal deduction possible, if he gave nothing to charity, if he showed huge losses [legal] so he could avoid taxes. Would everyone say well he is just playing by the rules or woulod the msm spend weeks explaining how evil he is.
Do you agree the whole Russia thing was a hoax or do you still believe what you heard? Any reasonable person at this point now knows he was set up. The fact that so many still believe the story should show you why he doesn't want to give ANYTHING to the press.

Reactions: dailybuck777
Also. vet the media and the members of Congress. You seem to have a blind spot with respect to Biden. It would be extremely interesting to see Hunter Bidens tax returns. The Bidens 411 corruption runs together and the returns would undoubtedly show many more instances of the Bidens taking huge amounts of disguised bribes.

The reason there is no legal requirement for presidential candidates to provide their tax returns is that the members of Congress don't want to file their tax returns. The returns of Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters would be extremely interesting.
Don't be so lazy ? All those you mentioned are out there to see on the web. That is, everybody but Filthy Dons.

Of course Trump’s returns, if they ever are made public, will be dissected and roasted. Every President and Presidential candidate goes thru this. The electorate has the right to know about any and all conflicts of interest. Donald Trump is the king of conflicts of interest.

If Don Jr has done anything shaky it that fair game as well?

If Don Jr has done anything shaky it that fair game as well?
Gee, could we possibly be referencing Hunter Biden?
In general I prefer not to involve family in politics. Donnie Jr is an interesting case. Jr. Makes political appearances in support of his father. Jr. Attacks opponents of his dad. I think Donny Jr. Has inserted himself in the discussion and as such I think he is fair game.
BTW, same is true of Jared and Ivana. They work in the West wing and as such they are fair game.

You are either completely oblivious to history, or already knew this and just want to continue on as a political hack. So go ahead, blame Trump.

I don't necessarily disagree with a lot things you said, but I was responding to the fact that someone stated that Trump was good to savers. That is simply not true. He has advocated for lower interest rates all the time.

President Donald Trump on Wednesday continued his verbal assault on the Federal Reserve, which he blames for slowing the economy, tweeting that the central bank should cut interest rates to zero or even set negative interest rates. The president also called Fed officials “boneheads” in the tweet.

“The Federal Reserve should get our interest rates down to ZERO, or less, and we should then start to refinance our debt. INTEREST COST COULD BE BROUGHT WAY DOWN, while at the same time substantially lengthening the term,” he said.​
I actually agree with that. IMO Trump can say that he disagrees with the Fed but his insults of Powell have been over the top.

That said, I was gettin 2.8% on 1 year CDs until this virus hit. That's better than I could get during Obama's tenure.

Gee, could we possibly be referencing Hunter Biden?
In general I prefer not to involve family in politics. Donnie Jr is an interesting case. Jr. Makes political appearances in support of his father. Jr. Attacks opponents of his dad. I think Donny Jr. Has inserted himself in the discussion and as such I think he is fair game.
BTW, same is true of Jared and Ivana. They work in the West wing and as such they are fair game.
They should all be fair game or none of them. I happen to think if we are talking about tax returns the answer is none. Presuming everyone passes an IRS audit who cares. potential conflicts of interest?? We are talking about a business tycoon who did business around the world AND a politician who has been in Washington for 50 years whose son has done millions of dollars of business in china and Ukraine. There are so many appearances of conflict it is silly.

Reactions: Mixolydian
They should all be fair game or none of them. I happen to think if we are talking about tax returns the answer is none. Presuming everyone passes an IRS audit who cares. potential conflicts of interest?? We are talking about a business tycoon who did business around the world AND a politician who has been in Washington for 50 years whose son has done millions of dollars of business in china and Ukraine. There are so many appearances of conflict it is silly.
If you want to make a case for moral equivalency between Hunter and the Trump kids, fine. Donny’s tax return is a different story. We should see it.

Gorki,
Let's define nothing to hide. If he used every legal deduction possible, if he gave nothing to charity, if he showed huge losses [legal] so he could avoid taxes. Would everyone say well he is just playing by the rules or woulod the msm spend weeks explaining how evil he is.
Do you agree the whole Russia thing was a hoax or do you still believe what you heard? Any reasonable person at this point now knows he was set up. The fact that so many still believe the story should show you why he doesn't want to give ANYTHING to the press.
Oh, he still believes what he heard. @Gorki26 isn't reasonable. He's 1mm deep.

I am, Filthy Don cried to the Feds for 2 years, i need lower interest rates, Damn right its Thump fault.

Do you understand that if other countries stimulate their economy by lowering rates, and we don't, then our currency remains strong but we cannot compete as well? Our goods become more expensive to foreigners. You understand this, right? People in the USA lose their jobs or must work for less.

Low interest rates are necessary when an economy is weak relative to other economies. It was those low interest rates that generated the low unemployment. Raise rates and our currency buys more but it also puts people out of work.

Economists, before this pandemic, were worried about global deflation. This is why rates are near zero and sometimes even less than zero. It's an incentive for people to throw their money into capital investments (stocks). That's what employs people.

The problem we have today is that companies are not generating profits. There is a slowing of money velocity. When that picks up relative to the money supply then interest rates will increase, or we will have inflation.

My concern is that we will have stagflation, especially if the money supply is too large while taxes are increased. We wind up with more people out of work and higher prices for goods and services. This is a very worrisome problem. It cannot be addressed by the whacko programs proposed by the Left. Those will make everything worse. In fact the Green New Deal might put us in the exact same position we saw with the oil embargo during the 1970s, except now we have a less productive work force and extremely high debt, both public and private.

Do you understand that if other countries stimulate their economy by lowering rates, and we don't, then our currency remains strong but we cannot compete as well? Our goods become more expensive to foreigners. You understand this, right? People in the USA lose their jobs or must work for less.

Low interest rates are necessary when an economy is weak relative to other economies. It was those low interest rates that generated the low unemployment. Raise rates and our currency buys more but it also puts people out of work.

Economists, before this pandemic, were worried about global deflation. This is why rates are near zero and sometimes even less than zero. It's an incentive for people to throw their money into capital investments (stocks). That's what employs people.

The problem we have today is that companies are not generating profits. There is a slowing of money velocity. When that picks up relative to the money supply then interest rates will increase, or we will have inflation.

My concern is that we will have stagflation, especially if the money supply is too large while taxes are increased. We wind up with more people out of work and higher prices for goods and services. This is a very worrisome problem. It cannot be addressed by the whacko programs proposed by the Left. Those will make everything worse. In fact the Green New Deal might put us in the exact same position we saw with the oil embargo during the 1970s, except now we have a less productive work force and extremely high debt, both public and private.
I understand all this, but there are many of us that are sitting on over $100 k doing nothing. I keep 10-15%, dividend stocks, in the markets, but refuse to gamble any more than that. At my age i don't want or need much money to live, but it seems a waste, not seeing the big pocket grow and working.

Last edited:
If you want to make a case for moral equivalency between Hunter and the Trump kids, fine. Donny’s tax return is a different story. We should see it.
We are gonna disagree on this one. What do you think you might see on this tax return? Let's say hypothetically Trump did business in Russia or China and it showed he received tax breaks to build a building. Does that represent a conflict of interest? Does that mean that any businessman who has done business around the world is DQ'd. Bloomberg, Howard Schultz etc.
And if we are talking about "potential conflicts" how can Biden bragging about getting the guy who wanted to investigate his son's company fired not be a "potential" conflict? If Joe Biden were a judge and this guy in the Ukraine came into his courtroom and the Ukrainian's lawyer said your honor it has come to our attention that my client is actively investigating your son's company, therefore we think you should recuse yourself what do you think is the proper thing to do
i don't get the faux outrage about a tax return that "might" have something hidden in it when a true conflict of interest is staring us in the face and no one cares.

We are gonna disagree on this one. What do you think you might see on this tax return? Let's say hypothetically Trump did business in Russia or China and it showed he received tax breaks to build a building. Does that represent a conflict of interest? Does that mean that any businessman who has done business around the world is DQ'd. Bloomberg, Howard Schultz etc.
And if we are talking about "potential conflicts" how can Biden bragging about getting the guy who wanted to investigate his son's company fired not be a "potential" conflict? If Joe Biden were a judge and this guy in the Ukraine came into his courtroom and the Ukrainian's lawyer said your honor it has come to our attention that my client is actively investigating your son's company, therefore we think you should recuse yourself what do you think is the proper thing to do
i don't get the faux outrage about a tax return that "might" have something hidden in it when a true conflict of interest is staring us in the face and no one cares.
For the past 50 years every President and Presidential candidate has released their tax returns. During the campaign Trump promised to release his tax returns after his “audit” was over. The audit never ended and Trump changed his tune to never releasing his returns.
Trump has promised to have the most transparent administration. The exact opposite is true.
The most obvious concern about Trump’s income is that he is indebted to foreign governments, particularly Russian oligarchs. Trump’s Russian policy makes me and others interested in seeing his taxes. The NYT published a 14,000 word Pulitzer Prize winning investigation into Trumps taxes in the 1980’s and 1990’s. The article detailed highly questionable (maybe felonious) tax strategies that are well past the statue of limitations. Speculation is that this and Stripper gate was the start of the SDNY investigation that has requested Trump’s taxes.
Joe/Hunter Biden’s Ukraine story has been investigated and continues to be investigated. True, it is not their finest hour. Everyone is free to put it in the ledger of pluses and minuses for each candidate.

Reactions: franklinman
Your kidding I hope. Romney gave millions to charity but because he had some perfectly legal offshore accounts he got roasted. Biden gave 35 cents to charity and no one cared. If you think DT returns would be viewed unbiased you are dumber than NJPSU or Paoli

^^ Ding, ding, ding. ^^^

If "you" don't like the existing loopholes then close them! Change our byzantine tax code. Lawmakers need to stop the b_tching over this monster of their own creation.

You know, it's like a big game up there in The Swamp. They see how far they can push the envelope, accuse the other side of "breaking the rules" in public but then brag about it in private. I mean, look what Omar got away with on immigration and campaign finance. It opens up a whole new chapter on graft and abuse. And democrats are the worst. Vote democrat in November and this country is screwed.

Note: I've stopped capitalizing democrat. They are low-life whores.

Reactions: Ski and roswelllion
The NYT published a 14,000 word Pulitzer Prize winning investigation into Trumps taxes in the 1980’s and 1990’s.

So what. Pulitzers are hardly a badge of honor anymore. The NY Times got one for its work on the Russia hoax. It got one for the 1619 Project and it's a propaganda piece...

One reason that suggests itself is journalistic hubris. Journalists like to speak of journalism as “the first draft of history.” Historians will tell you otherwise. It’s their job to correct the myths the journalists perpetuate.

https://www.heritage.org/american-f...ous-errors-award-prize-new-york-times-fatally

Joe/Hunter Biden’s Ukraine story has been investigated and continues to be investigated. True, it is not their finest hour.

That's one hell of an admission by you. Way to go out on a limb.

Reactions: roswelllion
I would like to know what makes people think they have the right to see his tax returns. Last I checked tax returns are private info

^^ Ding, ding, ding. ^^^

If "you" don't like the existing loopholes then close them! Change our byzantine tax code. Lawmakers need to stop the b_tching over this monster of their own creation.

You know, it's like a big game up there in The Swamp. They see how far they can push the envelope, accuse the other side of "breaking the rules" in public but then brag about it in private. I mean, look what Omar got away with on immigration and campaign finance. It opens up a whole new chapter on graft and abuse. And democrats are the worst. Vote democrat in November and this country is screwed.

Note: I've stopped capitalizing democrat. They are low-life whores.
Thats funny, when the cons only have 1 play in their playbook. Tax cuts for the millionaires and billionaires. Do they have HC or immigration plan, NO, a tax plan thats fair for everybody. NO. If you want to know how crooked the cons are ,look at them killing the ethics committee.Its gone, but not Forgotten.

I would like to know what makes people think they have the right to see his tax returns. Last I checked tax returns are private info

Probably due to him promising to release them? He did all this before the election of course.

For the past 50 years every President and Presidential candidate has released their tax returns. During the campaign Trump promised to release his tax returns after his “audit” was over. The audit never ended and Trump changed his tune to never releasing his returns.
Trump has promised to have the most transparent administration. The exact opposite is true.
The most obvious concern about Trump’s income is that he is indebted to foreign governments, particularly Russian oligarchs. Trump’s Russian policy makes me and others interested in seeing his taxes. The NYT published a 14,000 word Pulitzer Prize winning investigation into Trumps taxes in the 1980’s and 1990’s. The article detailed highly questionable (maybe felonious) tax strategies that are well past the statue of limitations. Speculation is that this and Stripper gate was the start of the SDNY investigation that has requested Trump’s taxes.
Joe/Hunter Biden’s Ukraine story has been investigated and continues to be investigated. True, it is not their finest hour. Everyone is free to put it in the ledger of pluses and minuses for each candidate.

Funny how you say the Biden Ukraine story has been investigated BUT infer the Trump ties to Russian hasn't been. Then you refer to a 14,000 word piece in the NYT on Trump's taxes. [is that not investigating?] Then you suggest the SDNY has his taxes. Is that not investigating?
You folks are silly.

Reactions: Ski and Crayfish57
Of course Trump’s returns, if they ever are made public, will be dissected and roasted. Every President and Presidential candidate goes thru this. The electorate has the right to know about any and all conflicts of interest. Donald Trump is the king of conflicts of interest.
No they have no constitutional right and niether does congress. It would be different if we had a free press.

Reactions: Ski and Crayfish57
They most certainly do, when investigating financial crimes. How do i know ? SCOTUS says so.
Incorrect. Congress must show a legitimate legislative purpose to obtain returns. And even then cannot release them to the general public. As far as a crime has SDNY stated what crime trump allegedly committed?

Reactions: Ski
Which is irrelevant. Tax returns are private not public information.
Correct me if I am wrong but his promise was also before we had 3 years of Russia bullsxxt and a partisan impeachment. I would give NOTHING to congress.

Correct me if I am wrong but his promise was also before we had 3 years of Russia bullsxxt and a partisan impeachment. I would give NOTHING to congress.

He promised to release his taxes before the election. Then afterwards he changed his mind. All those voters who believed him were just as big a fools as Trump University students.

Here’s the thing with trumps tax returns..
1. He’s eternally audited
2. He doesn’t prepare them himself
3. There’s no one on Capitol Hill who would be able to analyze them better than the irs
4. There’s bound to be at least one questionable item on those returns. Or, if not, dems would make a lot of noise about a specific deduction that was legal but in their eyes lmmoral.
5. People voting for trump don’t care about his tax returns

As for point #5 you make, people voting for Trump don't care about ANYTHING he does. Many Trumpers will give him a pass on everything.

So then why did he promise to release them before the election? I guess Trump is willing to lie to voters.
Just like every single president in the last century.....so why is it only a problem when trump does it

He promised to release his taxes before the election. Then afterwards he changed his mind. All those voters who believed him were just as big a fools as Trump University students.
Yep, and almost as big a fools as those who believed Adam Schiff and Gerald Nadler.

If it is so important, they should make it a law that tax returns are required...before the election and not try an end run after the election because they don't like the man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT