ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois Roll Call

Thinking about going but it’s a pretty long drive from PA. ;)

Here’s what I’ve gathered from other sites for options:

Get a burger and beer at Murphy’s on Green St.

Have a beer at Kams, also on Green St.

Take a photo at the Alma Mater (statue) at the corner of Wright and Green St.

Check out the student Union and the quad which are right there.

If you are interested in corn, check out the Morrow Plots at the S end of the quad.

Eat breakfast at Merry Ann’s diner (greasy spoon) on Neil St (west of football stadium a few blocks).

Take a photo next to the Red Grange statue West side of the stadium and next to the ☕️ Dick Butkus statue East side of the Stadium next to Smith Center,

Check out downtown Champaign. Lots of good food establishments there, including Ko Fusion, Watson’s Shack and Rail, Black Dog (bbq) just to name a few.

Silver Creek in Urbana has really good food, not cheap. The Ribeye has good steak, and the decor is basically the same as when I went to college there in the late 1980’s.

There used to be a lot more bars on campus, but many have been closed over the years to make way for a lot of high rise apartments.

Besides Murphy’s, you might try Legends. Good fish sandwiches (but not as good as Deluxe had - it’s gone).

Kams, Joes and the Red Lion are the main student bars.

Papa Dels on Neil has deep dish pizza. I haven’t been there for awhile.

Jupiter’s 2, out at the corner of Windsor and Duncan, has decent pizza and is a huge sports bar.

Monical’s has some of the best thin crust pizza you will ever have, one in SE Urbana is where is usually go.

Illinois has like 56k students now, it has really grown and campus has changed a ton over the past 30+ years.

Legends is famous for it's fish sandwich:

Black Dog BBQ:

Maize Mexican now a block south of Black Dog:

Seven Saints for Sliders:

Merry Ann's Diner near the stadium:

Papa Del's deep dish pizza "It's Pop's for pizza or no place at all":

Beer%20garden.jpg
Highly recommend spending time in Downtown Champaign (not far from Campustown). Very fun and a bit less of a college vibe. Blind Pig Brewery beer garden is a must.

Reactions: Wandering Spectator
If you’re looking for late night, post beers, grub, try La Bambas……”burritos bigger than your head”. And they were!

Reactions: psu00
Here’s what I’ve gathered from other sites for options:

Get a burger and beer at Murphy’s on Green St.

Have a beer at Kams, also on Green St.

Take a photo at the Alma Mater (statue) at the corner of Wright and Green St.

Check out the student Union and the quad which are right there.

If you are interested in corn, check out the Morrow Plots at the S end of the quad.

Eat breakfast at Merry Ann’s diner (greasy spoon) on Neil St (west of football stadium a few blocks).

Take a photo next to the Red Grange statue West side of the stadium and next to the ☕️ Dick Butkus statue East side of the Stadium next to Smith Center,

Check out downtown Champaign. Lots of good food establishments there, including Ko Fusion, Watson’s Shack and Rail, Black Dog (bbq) just to name a few.

Silver Creek in Urbana has really good food, not cheap. The Ribeye has good steak, and the decor is basically the same as when I went to college there in the late 1980’s.

There used to be a lot more bars on campus, but many have been closed over the years to make way for a lot of high rise apartments.

Besides Murphy’s, you might try Legends. Good fish sandwiches (but not as good as Deluxe had - it’s gone).

Kams, Joes and the Red Lion are the main student bars.

Papa Dels on Neil has deep dish pizza. I haven’t been there for awhile.

Jupiter’s 2, out at the corner of Windsor and Duncan, has decent pizza and is a huge sports bar.

Monical’s has some of the best thin crust pizza you will ever have, one in SE Urbana is where is usually go.

Illinois has like 56k students now, it has really grown and campus has changed a ton over the past 30+ years.

Legends is famous for it's fish sandwich:

Black Dog BBQ:

Maize Mexican now a block south of Black Dog:

Seven Saints for Sliders:

Merry Ann's Diner near the stadium:

Papa Del's deep dish pizza "It's Pop's for pizza or no place at all":

Thanks for the info. My only question is, you want me to have a burger and two beers before I have breakfast? 😀

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT