ADVERTISEMENT

If we lose out, do you want Franklin gone?

If we lose out, do you want Franklin gone?

• Yes

Votes: 53 66.3%
  • No

Votes: 27 33.8%

• Total voters

psupride1997

Sep 1, 2010
Assume the worst - Clifford never fully heals, we drop 7 in a row, including losses to Rutgers and Maryland.
Is it time for a change then?

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
Dude, he’s not getting fired even if they lose out. I’m no Franklin fan, and I’m no Penn State fan, but I’ll give credit where it’s due. Penn State finished in the top 10 three out of the last four years prior to the pandemic. Add to that the fact that he’s a tremendous recruiter. He’s not getting fired over 1 bad year.

Dude, he’s not getting fired even if they lose out. I’m no Franklin fan, and I’m no Penn State fan, but I’ll give credit where it’s due. Penn State finished in the top 10 three out of the last four years prior to the pandemic. Add to that the fact that he’s a tremendous recruiter. He’s not getting fired over 1 bad year.
Would be 2 bad years in a row. And more concerning, the same issues have plagued his team every season, even in great years.

That said, there’s no way he’s getting fired.

You aren't a Franklin fan and you aren't a Penn State fan, then why are you here?

Reactions: Spydersgirl
And if PSU wins next week or with wins against michy and michy st do we take another poll?

• Haha
Reactions: canuckhal
My best guess is that Franklin will pull it together to defeat Rutgers and Maryland.

And if he randomly defeats Mich or MSU, then everyone will change their tune to how this is a team that is on the verge of greatness is 2022.
I don't think we lose out but I don't give us much hope against any team other than Maryland or Rutgers. The defense is spent. There were major flaws in the front seven that were masked by the competition but never bought into the top ten rankings. Through this week, Michigan State has been the most complete team in the conference. Other than B and C gap running (our biggest weakness) they don't do anything extremely well but are solid to good in every area. I think they are going to win 10 games this season. Same for Michigan.

Reactions: psuluvr1
You are playing Rutgers at home. So you cannot lose out.
Ye of little faith! This team just lost to 2-5 Illinois at home after having 2 weeks to prepare. If anyone can do it- they can! 😎

And if PSU wins next week or with wins against michy and michy st do we take another poll?
No. If that happens, hell will have officially frozen over and it’ll be Armageddon time. ;)

Why wait? FIRE. FRANKLIN. o_O now and have Al Golden in place for Tosu.

Last edited:
Not happening against OSU.
of course not, as the current condition of the PSU team in terms of injuries might have won ONE game on the schedule to date = Nova, and that is a maybe. this team is not close to where it was start of the year. Now if we played tOSU the day they lost to Oregon - maybe a different story. the odds that PSU loses out are at least 50/50. not the same team that won in Madison.

4-5 last year
6-6 this year (my guess)

That's two VERY BAD years, not one.

That said, I think he should make a public statement that he's not going anywhere and that he's committed to getting things fixed at PSU. We need to hold this recruiting class together. If he's not willing to do that and we lose recruits I'd say it's time for him to go.

Reactions: indoorgolf
This team has fallen so far in the last seven quarters of play that it is obvious to anyone who can fog a mirror that they are capable of losing out.
We are doomed. The sky is falling. We’ll never win another game under Franklin. All you experts need to send in your resumes so we will never lose again. Look no one was more disappointed with that debacle yesterday but try to get a grip. The most disappointing thing to me is the continued mediocre OL plat despite hiring a well regarded OL line coach who was successful elsewhere and the ridiculously conservative play calling yesterday by Yurcich.

of course not, as the current condition of the PSU team in terms of injuries might have won ONE game on the schedule to date = Nova, and that is a maybe. this team is not close to where it was start of the year. Now if we played tOSU the day they lost to Oregon - maybe a different story. the odds that PSU loses out are at least 50/50. not the same team that won in Madison.
Playing OSU in a showcase prime time slot is only going to hurt. Can we play them Friday at 3 pm?

My heart is hoping for a win or completive game, but my brain is saying that my heart is being silly.

If this year is 6-6, he will be coaching for his job next year.

Personally I do not think PSU will ever need to fire Franklin. I think he will realize when it is time to move on
What coach ever realizes this? Every coach believes he can turn it around. Just like a washed up boxer.

Playing OSU in a showcase prime time slot is only going to hurt. Can we play them Friday at 3 pm?

My heart is hoping for a win or completive game, but my brain is saying that my heart is being silly.
My heart says we need to go in with a strategy to drain the clock and keep the score as low as we possibly can and get out with a 13 to 15 point loss.

Reactions: psu2016
All of this frustration towards Franklin is his own fault. He runs his mouth about being Elite and Dominating the state but continually fails to live up to the expectations he himself sets. So it comes a time when you put up or shut up.
My hunch Franklin is gone at the end of the season. Sandy will strongly advise him to take the LSU or USC job and thus PSU is getting paid instead of doing the paying.

My heart says we need to go in with a strategy to drain the clock and keep the score as low as we possibly can and get out with a 13 to 15 point loss.

Just use the same strategy we used this past weekend, let them run for 300+yds. it burns clock way faster than making them pass.

All of this frustration towards Franklin is his own fault. He runs his mouth about being Elite and Dominating the state but continually fails to live up to the expectations he himself sets. So it comes a time when you put up or shut up.
My hunch Franklin is gone at the end of the season. Sandy will strongly advise him to take the LSU or USC job and thus PSU is getting paid instead of doing the paying.

You watch his name quickly drops off the HC lists for both USC and LSU after this coming weekend. We are stuck with him unless he wants to take a lateral pay move.

Reactions: Cpeplion
Assume the worst - Clifford never fully heals, we drop 7 in a row, including losses to Rutgers and Maryland.
Is it time for a change then?

The blue and white sky is falling!!!!

giphy.gif

We are doomed. The sky is falling. We’ll never win another game under Franklin. All you experts need to send in your resumes so we will never lose again. Look no one was more disappointed with that debacle yesterday but try to get a grip. The most disappointing thing to me is the continued mediocre OL plat despite hiring a well regarded OL line coach who was successful elsewhere and the ridiculously conservative play calling yesterday by Yurcich.
Yet Franklin shares no blame? You seem to point the finger at Trautwein and Yurcich yet Franklin is Teflon. These issues lie squarely on Franklin. Unprepared team, no in game adjustments play not to lose, no QB depth, horrific line play. The CEO takes responsibility for the crap performance of the company.

Reactions: psu00 and psu2016
Ok. Where is the next PSU win this season. Last 2 games proved they can't win without a healthy Clifford. So when does Clifford get healthy? Do they sit him against OSU? Then maybe they win against MD. Maybe. Perhaps they should rest him until the Rutgers game. Might be the only chance for another W.

Ok. Where is the next PSU win this season. Last 2 games proved they can't win without a healthy Clifford. So when does Clifford get healthy? Do they sit him against OSU? Then maybe they win against MD. Maybe. Perhaps they should rest him until the Rutgers game. Might be the only chance for another W.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT