ADVERTISEMENT

I was wondering if anyone has a list of shots, takedowns, points scored for PSU at tournament.

PhilaNit

May 29, 2001
Do you also have Michigan and Iowa too?

I want to get the numbers to shut up the idiot HR fans about who is stalling.

Shots: Whiskey (celebratory) for All (sorry, no vodka permitted)

Takedowns: Every other D1 Team

Point(er)s: Rinse and Repeat for 2022-23

How Many Shots Are In A Fifth? Shots in 750ml - NC Whiskey

The number of shots taken would be subjective. How do you judge half-shots vs committed shots, and where do counter shots come into the picture?

TDs are measurable, but would that even matter. In Iowa City, aggressive wrestling is all about hand-fighting and pushing forward. TnT have engrained that into the Hawkeye culture ... they call it 'tough wrestling'.

It is what it is. Let them have their delusions. Their style won them a championship last year, maybe it will earn them another in the next 10 years.

@PhilaNit Since you asked:

Total points scored in matches:
PSU: 294
Iowa: 254
UM: 289

Total Matches Wrestled:
PSU: 40
Iowa: 46
UM: 47

Points/Match:
PSU: 7.35
Iowa: 5.52
UM: 6.15

Total Falls:
PSU: 4
Iowa: 1
UM: 1

Tech Falls:
PSU: 1
Iowa: 1
UM: 1

Total Takedowns:
PSU: 90 *Brooks 19, CStar 18, RBY 14 (Falls hurt our opportunities for more TD than Iowa or UM)
Iowa: 73 *Warner made it to the finals with 3 TDs
UM: 83 *Mason Parris lead UM with 15 TDs

TD/Match:
PSU: 2.25
Iowa: 1.58
UM: 1.76

Data: Total Points Scored
PSUIowaUM
125​
133​
141​
149​
157​
165​
174​
184​
197​
285​

TakedownsPSUIowaUM
TOTAL907383

Last edited:
Do you also have Michigan and Iowa too?

I want to get the numbers to shut up the idiot HR fans about who is stalling.
The Iowa fans who are HR have no idea they talk about. The year Nico beat TG to win his title, Iowa had 3 finalists. A total of 21 minutes of championship wrestling and between the 3 Hawks they scored "zero" offensive points yet HR exploded because the Hawk kids getting screwed due to not enough stall calls. Not a single offensive score, yet the other kid was stalling.

How did RBY have more takedowns than DeSanto when RBY only wins because he stalls and refs wont call it?
That plays well here, but frankly DeSanto is one guy that IS offensive-minded and out-shot everyone he wrestled by a large margin. Loved watching him wrestle. The two guys that beat him had better defense than all the others.

Reactions: mcpat
That plays well here, but frankly DeSanto is one guy that IS offensive-minded and out-shot everyone he wrestled by a large margin. Loved watching him wrestle. The two guys that beat him had better defense than all the others.
It’s been amazing to see how lining up against RBY in big matches suppresses the super powers of elite opponents. Offensive juggernauts slow to a crawl. Watching Fix and ADS against RBY is like watching Professor X trying to take on Magneto with his telepathic resistance helmet on.

Trying to get HR fans stop ranting about stalling is a pretty futile endeavor. To borrow the words of one of their greatest nemesis. - “That’s what we do!”

You could say the same about all wrestling fans. There was sure a lot of whining about stalling on here throughout the tournament.

I secretly wished for a board next year where stalling is never mentioned it at all. I have about as much of a chance of that wish coming true as meeting the real Santa Claus

Reactions: mcpat
You could say the same about all wrestling fans. There was sure a lot of whining about stalling on here throughout the tournament.

I secretly wished for a board next year where stalling is never mentioned it at all. I have about as much of a chance of that wish coming true as meeting the real Santa Claus
There is a little bit of a difference. Usually HR's whine is because their guys don't score and lose. Whereas here the guys are bitching after the PSU guy did manage to score and win, but only after chasing someone all over the edge of the mat.

Reactions: Split shot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT