ADVERTISEMENT

I think Ohio State is going to get a beatdown.

I just have a feeling they are overrated and Penn State is a 1994-style team (that includes a real defense, cuz that team didn't). When was the last time that Penn State had so many offensive weapons that were this reliable? When was the last time you had faith that the team was going to play disciplined? This is a team of destiny. Penn State wins by at least 17. Mark it down.

(passing the crack pipe now).

Put down the pipe! This one is going down to the wire. I’m just torn on deciding whether it’s a shootout or a low scoring defensive battle.

Let’s go PSU 38-34 in a shootout

Awesome. Bucknutts never fail to impress.. yawn.......great job beating a 0-fer team more " impressively" than we did. ....you guys make your living off 0-fers..... As an example...all your games since Oklahoma.
Meanwhile... PSU has beaten every team they've faced...most badly....and we've only played 2 teams with losing records. I believe , you guys, on top of winning ONE game against a team with a winning record....got absolutely crushed in the shoe by the only other team you played with a winning record. You guy's are AWESOME! I wish they'd let me give more thumbs up to your crap post.
You seem to be projecting a lot of insecurities, as I never claimed nor implied that either victory was more impressive. Only that comparing a game against Michigan to a game against Oklahoma tells you zero about how these two teams compare. In fact, lets take a trip back through time alllll the way to 2016. Coming into Penn State, Ohio State had beaten two ranked teams, on the road, one by 3 scores. Penn State had been taken to the woodshed by the only ranked team they played. I'm sure you remember how that game turned out?
Those are nice comparisons. Can you also narrate/compare the game situations of each?
Both teams whooped Indiana for a quarter or so, and played relatively evenly the rest of the game. Ohio State's offense, specifically run game, played Indiana much better than Penn States. Penn States defense, specifically the passing D, played Indiana much better than Ohio States.

I just have a feeling they are overrated and Penn State is a 1994-style team (that includes a real defense, cuz that team didn't). When was the last time that Penn State had so many offensive weapons that were this reliable? When was the last time you had faith that the team was going to play disciplined? This is a team of destiny. Penn State wins by at least 17. Mark it down.

(passing the crack pipe now).
I'd settle for a 1-point win.

These kinds of threads always make me laugh. Over here I see some Penn State is so much better than the Buckeyes the Buckeyes will get mercy-ruled. Over on Buckeye boards, they say the opposite. Both teams have elite talent and coaching; I expect the game to be close. If history is a guide on Buckeye strategy, they will first and foremost try and eliminate Barkley rushing all over them, and make PSU win via the pass. The problem with this approach is that, even assuming DL pressure makes McSorley get rid of the ball quickly, and assuming McSorley does a great job of getting rid of it quickly, it leaves the game significantly in the hands of the two position groups for Ohio State that make me the most nervous: the linebackers and DBs. Ohio State has definitely improved since last year, and definitely since the OK game (bad teams, yes, but reps are reps) but I for one am not confident right now that they can sustain the level of excellence required to win this game for four quarters. Still, I see a game down to the wire. Should be a fun one to watch!

Looking to break my streak of 105 wrong picks in a row, I have spent extra time in the film room this week and, after a detailed analysis of both teams, I am picking Penn State.......
to lose 35-14. No way we beat OSU in Columbus. :(

The place was a house of horrors when the most conservative game caller was at the helm. I mean, I love the old guy who passed on, but his hot hand for offensive play had left him. You cannot play conservatively at the Shoe. JF has a killer instinct.

Oops!

In my humble opinion, tOSU is a top 10 team. They are favored because the pundits are looking at star ratings, strong two man running attack, and seniority of Barrett. I've been listening to a lot of local tOSU coverage (e.g. podcasts) and it seems to me that all are trying to convince themselves and talk themselves into why they are the better team and why they are 7 point favorite.

If the team that played at Iowa shows up and they rely solely on Barkley, it will be tough to win. If the team that played against Michigan shows up, and they take chances down the field (chunk plays) to Gesicki and Blacknall, then (to me) PSU will win.

tOSU's story this season scares/reminds me of PSU last year (which could be the difference). tOSU took several games to settle into its new offense much like PSU last year. If that's the case then PSU better bring its A-game and try to eek out a win.

I'm looking for a big game for Toney, Blacknall, and Hamilton. If tOSU gives up the same yardage it did against Indiana it's PSU -14.

The verdict is in! A great game for all viewers.

Reactions: MoyerJones
noted-ryan-the-office.gif
giphy.gif

Seriously though, great game. I'm still a little in disbelief over how it went. Between the kick returns, fumbles, etc. it just felt like it wasn't meant to be. Best of luck the rest of the way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT