ADVERTISEMENT

I think Ohio State is going to get a beatdown.

PennSt8er

Aug 16, 2001
I just have a feeling they are overrated and Penn State is a 1994-style team (that includes a real defense, cuz that team didn't). When was the last time that Penn State had so many offensive weapons that were this reliable? When was the last time you had faith that the team was going to play disciplined? This is a team of destiny. Penn State wins by at least 17. Mark it down.

(passing the crack pipe now).

tumblr_ljb5cxKqS11qixleeo1_500.gif

Reactions: NoApologies-
I just have a feeling they are overrated and Penn State is a 1994-style team (that includes a real defense, cuz that team didn't). When was the last time that Penn State had so many offensive weapons that were this reliable? When was the last time you had faith that the team was going to play disciplined? This is a team of destiny. Penn State wins by at least 17. Mark it down.

No thanks on the pipe...

I think we win, but it's gonna be a slugfest of hogmollies crunching each other with huge hits, big plays, and crazy swings of momentum.

I hate to say this out loud (or post it in this case) but I do think PSU will win. I pretty much never make predictions. I normally write that I’m just gonna watch the game and see what happens. About the OSU game I’m uncharacteristically optimistic. Something’s wrong with me.:)

I’ll skip the crack. Some dark chocolate would be good, though.

I have been thinking this before the Michigan game. Not being cocky I just think Penn State is the better team and will make a big time statement.

I'd love for Penn State to win comfortably but, I get the feeling it might be like one of those SEC matchup between two top teams where, as good as the defense is, the offenses both put up points. I'll go with a 31 - 27 PSU win with the PSU defense stopping OSU on a 4th down attempt late in the game.

We had a dominant offensive line in 1994. Not the case now.

The 1994 defense was "real" and much better than common perception. Garbage time TDs to teams like Indiana using 3rd stringers don't diminish the defense's contribution to our amassing huge leads in most games -- and people forget the way defense kept us in the Illinois game until the offense woke up.

I am not sold on Barrett being able to beat a solid secondary, so I think we win. IF I am right

If we can keep him in the pocket. It worries me that we blitz so much that we are vulnerable to qb's taking off. Okoren last week had some decent runs and Barrett is 10x more adept at taking off than him. maybe Pry calls of the Dogs and plays more drop back to keep him in the pocket. I actually like our secondary vs, OSU wide-outs..

If we can keep him in the pocket. It worries me that we blitz so much that we are vulnerable to qb's taking off. Okoren last week had some decent runs and Barrett is 10x more adept at taking off than him. maybe Pry calls of the Dogs and plays more drop back to keep him in the pocket. I actually like our secondary vs, OSU wide-outs..
And don't hate me for saying this but our LB play has been off at times. We tend to over-pursue at times, and against a JT, it could lead to some problems...

Reactions: nitanee123
I think so as well. Our defense consistently gets stops, and our offense consistently runs over everyone it faces. It’s as simple as that.

Or to be more specific, we can score on Ohio State just the same as we did to Michigan, USC, Michigan State, and last year’s Iowa. And we can stop Ohio State about as well as Michigan State, Michigan, and Northwestern did last year. Our defense doesn’t even have to go full Clemson on them.

This is assuming that the refs call the game fairly, though, which is admittedly an unlikely assumption.

giphy.gif

This is what I would do. Drop 7 or 8, spy him and make him read the defense and throw into tight windows.

We had a dominant offensive line in 1994. Not the case now.
Looked pretty damn good against that immovable defensive line we played last Saturday night. Oh, right, because we beat their ass, its not because we played great, it's because Michigan's defense was really Rutgers defense in disguise even though everyone acted like they were the '85 Bears last week.

Its not going to happen. Home field means a lot in the College game, so I expect at best a close win. But it could go either way.

I'm cautiously optimistic, however that optimism is predicated on our OL dialing in a performance similar to the Mich game. I trust Pry will have a plan to contain Barrett and I trust that Moorhead will have some new wrinkles for OSU. Love the wrinkles.

Team is playing with a lot of confidence now. They won't be intimidated.

Please be careful, we maybe the ones that get the beatdown. Let’s just wait and see!!! I think we win, but that place has been a house of horrors!!!

Reactions: scrivener
Please be careful, we maybe the ones that get the beatdown. Let’s just wait and see!!! I think we win, but that place has been a house of horrors!!!
Listen, anything can happen in a college football game. We may win. They may win. But I don't think past games in the Shoe will have a lick to do with this one. Penn State comes in a very confident team. Ohio State is a very good team. One team will win hopefully because they are the better team, not because of some silly ghost stories about past games in Columbus.

Reactions: Mudge1026
The place was a house of horrors when the most conservative game caller was at the helm. I mean, I love the old guy who passed on, but his hot hand for offensive play had left him. You cannot play conservatively at the Shoe. JF has a killer instinct.

Shouldn't be a blowout either way. Ohio St is way better than the teams we have played. I am never confident playing in Columbus. That said, I have confidence in this team because it has the ability to overcome mistakes and the coaching staff seems well prepared and able to adjust in game. Can't say that about previous years. Starting fast will be very important (again).

Reactions: PSU-PITT/NY
Hopefully we won't miss makeable FG attempts. Still not sure if the FG unit has its act together.

They are not Michigan, and they are not overated the way they have been playing. Athletes and speed all over on both sides of the ball. Can we win ? Yes, but it’s going to be a nail biter.

This is the B1G game of the year. If Meyer doesn't go into his usual shell in big games of running JTB IV every play and lets Wilson call the plays, I think OSU wins.

On a neutral field with neutral refs in decent weather, we win. Because we're flat-out better than Ohio State.

At the Shoe, with O'Neill and his crew, in cold and rainy conditions...who knows.

Regardless, we've got a bunch of playmakers on offense, we've got one of the best defenses in the country, we've got speed everywhere, we've got great coaching, and most important of all we've got attitude.

More often than not during the past 25 years Penn State teams went to the Shoe playing not to lose, maybe even expecting to lose. Not this team.

I think it's going to be a close, hard-fought game.

In my humble opinion, tOSU is a top 10 team. They are favored because the pundits are looking at star ratings, strong two man running attack, and seniority of Barrett. I've been listening to a lot of local tOSU coverage (e.g. podcasts) and it seems to me that all are trying to convince themselves and talk themselves into why they are the better team and why they are 7 point favorite.

If the team that played at Iowa shows up and they rely solely on Barkley, it will be tough to win. If the team that played against Michigan shows up, and they take chances down the field (chunk plays) to Gesicki and Blacknall, then (to me) PSU will win.

tOSU's story this season scares/reminds me of PSU last year (which could be the difference). tOSU took several games to settle into its new offense much like PSU last year. If that's the case then PSU better bring its A-game and try to eek out a win.

I'm looking for a big game for Toney, Blacknall, and Hamilton. If tOSU gives up the same yardage it did against Indiana it's PSU -14.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT