ADVERTISEMENT

I have to admit, things have worked out just as I had hoped they would. I

CattyGuy51

Nov 8, 2001
would love to see team go out on a high note with a victory and if they were in the playoffs there is a good chance that they wouldn't. Let's face reality, Alabama is in a league by themselves. Can they be beaten, maybe. Will they be beaten, highly unlikely. By playing in the Rose finishing this magic season would be really sweet and lead to a hopefully a title run next year when I think we should be even better. By the way winning leads to better recruits and better recruits lead to more Ws.

would love to see team go out on a high note with a victory and if they were in the playoffs there is a good chance that they wouldn't. Let's face reality, Alabama is in a league by themselves. Can they be beaten, maybe. Will they be beaten, highly unlikely. By playing in the Rose finishing this magic season would be really sweet and lead to a hopefully a title run next year when I think we should be even better. By the way winning leads to better recruits and better recruits lead to more Ws.
I agree in terms of this team. In terms of the program and Penn State's place in the cosmos, I would rather play Alabama and take my chances.

Reactions: psu skp

This is what I have been saying. I knew there was no possible way the 'committee' would put PSU in the playoff but it doesn't matter because Alabama is not losing.

Now we can add a Rose Bowl victory to our BIG championship, we have bulletin board material for next year's squad (which will be better than this year), and the media will be debating the OSU vs PSU selection for months to come after the Buckeyes get smoked.

You could look at it a couple of ways. The Rose Bowl and a #5 ranking is so far above expectations for this team, it is really hard to wish for more. On the other hand, sometimes it can be a decade or more between teams that really contend for titles, so you never want to miss a chance. I feel like a Rose Bowl WIN could catapult us into a high preseason ranking and we have so many players coming back - barring major injuries I think it will be the best PSU team in 35 years. Starting with a high preseason ranking could be the key to a real shot at the #1 seed next year. But we can't LOSE the Rose Bowl; ESPN's open contempt for PSU means almost any mistake by PSU reduces them to practically nothing. Regardless of ESPN's nonsense, I think this is the beginning of the best stretch of PSU football since 1979-86.

My sentiments exactly.

What water is that boat on? The Lehigh? Used to fish the dam for smallies up in Northampton....... On a late summer days, we'd catch them for hours.

My sentiments exactly.

What water is that boat on? The Lehigh? Used to fish the dam for smallies up in Northampton....... On a late summer days, we'd catch them for hours.[/QUOTE]

It's the Upper Delaware. I do fish the Lehigh a lot but usually from a kayak and yes the smallmouth fishing is amazing and the trout fishing has really improved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT