ADVERTISEMENT

I have been saying for the last 4 weeks that we WILL beat OSU, and still feel we will!

Jerademan74

Gold Member
Jun 29, 2011
Atlanta, GA
With Barkley back and 100%, Hack regaining his confidence and the Defense even better than last season, we have the talent. We can stack up evenly with OSU. We will need to contain Elliott and pressure both QB's. We will need to show more on Offense than we have thus far, and our OL must find a way to minimize the inevitable damage that Bosa will inflict. If we can hold OSU to under 21 points, Hack throws for at least 2 TD's and Barkley breaks a few, we WILL win!

Reactions: bmw199 and daveM.
With Barkley back and 100%, Hack regaining his confidence and the Defense even better than last season, we have the talent. We can stack up evenly with OSU. We will need to contain Elliott and pressure both QB's. We will need to show more on Offense than we have thus far, and our OL must find a way to minimize the inevitable damage that Bosa will inflict. If we can hold OSU to under 21 points, Hack throws for at least 2 TD's and Barkley breaks a few, we WILL win!
Drunk for that long?

I wish I could share your optimism. If your prediction pans out, I'll be the first to nominate for the post of the year award. (even if we don't have such an award!)

Can I have some of what you are smoking please?

This is a measuring stick game, but PSU doesn't have enough depth, experience, or talent to go into the Shoe, at night, and take this one.

OSU covers . . . and more.

...except Barkley isn't back. He'll be in street clothes on the sideline.

We won't win, but I hope we're competitive. At this point that's all we can ask for.

See your local bookmaking establishment and wager on another team. How did Indiana's coach's honesty about Howard and the quarterback work out for you?

Reactions: thecoolestfish
Even if it's for the first half, I'd take it.
You mean like Maryland did, genius front-runner?
In which case, as always, you'll be the first one here saying Franklin should be fired immediately, Hack sucks and the entire team is terrible since they didn't meet your personal standards.

Do you know this for a fact? Even if barkley isn't playing, we still have a chance to win. The best way to quiet a night game home crowd is to shock them early by going up by a TD or 2!

I think we beat the spread unless Hack panics and throws a pick 6. That could easily happen if Palmer keeps fanning on blocks. Expecting to win in Columbus is a stretch.

I wouldn't personally make such a bold prediction but you may be correct. That's why you play the game and never concede victory.

Not this year but things are looking up in the future.

Reactions: m48tank
We
That's why they play the games. You never know.
actually beat OSU last year, but the refs saw otherwise. OSU was better last year at this stage of the season than where they are right now. Indiana gave OSU a major scare, and we destroyed them (OK, they were an emotionally drained and injured team when we played them), but they were still a threat. WE hopefully get Barkley back this week, and I doubt that ANY team in the country can shut him down if 100%, and if they try, Hack has the talent to capitalize. I just don'e understand why some on this board have such little faith in this team. Look, the poor performance we had against Temple may have been a blessing in disguise as it forced the coaches and players to wake up and play the best players available and change their stale ways. We ARE getting better each week, and I can't say the same for OSU. I know that everyone fears that the REAL OSU breaks out at home under the lights this Saturday night, but the REAL PSU may do the same. It will be close like last year, and hopefully the refs don't take another PSU victory away again!

Reactions: Marshall30
We

actually beat OSU last year, but the refs saw otherwise. OSU was better last year at this stage of the season than where they are right now. Indiana gave OSU a major scare, and we destroyed them (OK, they were an emotionally drained and injured team when we played them), but they were still a threat. WE hopefully get Barkley back this week, and I doubt that ANY team in the country can shut him down if 100%, and if they try, Hack has the talent to capitalize. I just don'e understand why some on this board have such little faith in this team. Look, the poor performance we had against Temple may have been a blessing in disguise as it forced the coaches and players to wake up and play the best players available and change their stale ways. We ARE getting better each week, and I can't say the same for OSU. I know that everyone fears that the REAL OSU breaks out at home under the lights this Saturday night, but the REAL PSU may do the same. It will be close like last year, and hopefully the refs don't take another PSU victory away again![/QUOTE]

Always a possibility. I don't see the game being close enough for that to be a factor, but as others have said this is why the game is played on the field. Another thing that scares me is that one of these games OSU is going to put it all together. Love your optimism in any event

Don't forget, VT managed a very good win at that place last season. It can be done.

Our guys will give their best and that's all we can ask. I also believe that our players best can be good enough to earn a hard fought win.

you do realize that Ohio State is home and big ten officials. If they need to gift buckeyes 10 points again they will do it. the heads of the big conferences will sell out just to get a team in the playoffs - you saw it last year.

you do realize that Ohio State is home and big ten officials. If they need to gift buckeyes 10 points again they will do it. the heads of the big conferences will sell out just to get a team in the playoffs - you saw it last year.
This is my biggest fear - refs and B1G front office are in the osu corner.

Reactions: m48tank
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT