ADVERTISEMENT

I am so jealous watching all these evening games…

And they are completing 10 yard passes with ease. I am never watching a game sober again.
There’s either a ton of five star receivers or they can get open downfield with better schemes. Not sure which is true.

You mean teams that throw the ball down field to receivers that get open and don’t look like they’re running in mud with cement shoes? Or linemen that actually block people on running plays? Yeah it’s kind of fun to watch drunk or sober.

Reactions: psu00 and rrdd2021
And they are completing 10 yard passes with ease. I am never watching a game sober again.
Yep. Watching 5-4 Florida vs 6-3 LSU and even the Florida QB is hitting slants in stride and 15-20 yard passes downfield against LSU in Tiger stadium.

It’s not just PSU losing but how they lose. They look so inept. They can’t complete basic plays. There is no fire or fight at all in the offensive line. The offense just looks so bad and incompetent and they really don’t improve.

Last edited:
Yep. Watching 5-4 Florida vs 6-3 LSU and even the Florida QB is hitting slants in stride and 15-20 yard passes downfield against LSU in Tiger stadium.

It’s not just PSU losing but how they lose. They look so inept and incompetent They can’t complete basic plays. There is no fire or fight at all in the offensive line. The offense just looks so bad and incompetent and they really don’t improve.
It’s early in a loss but I think you are being harsh here. Those were two great defenses on the field tonight making the offense look pedestrian IMO

Reactions: PennState_one
It’s early in a loss but I think you are being harsh here. Those were two great defenses on the field tonight making the offense look pedestrian IMO
Maybe, but we’ve all seen this movie so many times we can tell you what happens before it actually does. The 2 defenses were very good. The PSU offense was………..not. That’s the most gracious I can be regarding them right now. ;)

Watching Duke without Leonard tonight...I'm still not sure how Elko's name doesn't come up constantly for top tier jobs.

Reactions: Westcoast24
The great defenses are a factor but Penn State's offense hasn't been great all season. People got sucked into the points being put up late in games.

Reactions: Westcoast24
Maybe, but we’ve all seen this movie so many times we can tell you what happens before it actually does. The 2 defenses were very good. The PSU offense was………..not. That’s the most gracious I can be regarding them right now. ;)
That’s fair and you are one of the good ones that I respect on here. I won’t say anymore because it’s too early after a loss. Good game my friend.

Reactions: psu00
Couldn’t have anything to do with the defense of the opponent though.
Exactly. The Michigan defense has been shutting down opponents most of the year. Nothing new yesterday.

That OSU defense has also been shutting down offenses all year. Even Urban mentioned that this OSU defense was better than any of his - OSU or Florida. You can get - occasionally - 10 to 15 yard offensive plays against OSU but they just don't give up the big plays.

Reactions: PennState_one
There’s either a ton of five star receivers or they can get open downfield with better schemes. Not sure which is true.
And when they are not open (a lot) the QBs are throwing back shoulder balls that only the offensive player sees or creates PI on the defense.

Reactions: psualt
Exactly. The Michigan defense has been shutting down opponents most of the year. Nothing new yesterday.

That OSU defense has also been shutting down offenses all year. Even Urban mentioned that this OSU defense was better than any of his - OSU or Florida. You can get - occasionally - 10 to 15 yard offensive plays against OSU but they just don't give up the big plays.
I do think part of the problem here was people created false expectations for this offense based on our early results. Iowa and WVU's defense played with us for a half before they became exhausted because of how dominant our D was.

Whats totally mind blowing (again) is that over the course of 58 offensive plays yesterday, these WRs or TEs cant separate for an easy throw for even 10% of the time? How is it that the coverage is so tight on every single defensive call that a blind squirrel cant find a nut once in a while?

It just seems incomprehensible to be that pathetic game after game where there are no easy throws.

Whats totally mind blowing (again) is that over the course of 58 offensive plays yesterday, these WRs or TEs cant separate for an easy throw for even 10% of the time? How is it that the coverage is so tight on every single defensive call that a blind squirrel cant find a nut once in a while?

It just seems incomprehensible to be that pathetic game after game where there are no easy throws.
There were opportunities - Drew missed quite a few. Even several of the completions were bad throws that did not give the receiver the ability to make a move after the catch. Examples - the bubble screen, the 4th down to Saunders, the throw over the middle that was a couple of yards behind the receiver, etc.

the problem, imo, is that the things that worked for us in 8 wins, we didn't use......makes no sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT