ADVERTISEMENT

I am so friggin excited for the season. New beginning. 10 Wins Baby.

I love the optimism, especially from a warped, frustrated old man such as yourself, Mr. Henry F. Potter.

That said, I'd love to see it, but you might be too tall. I think we get 8 though, and if we get some good breaks, might even get 9 in season. Good bowl matchup gives us a shot at 10 - would that suffice?

Joe taught us all well. He would say, I'm not sure what kind of team we will have. I think they could be good but great or not good is yet to be determined. It's college football folks and week to week you never know for sure, who is going to show up. Noon games, especially on the road, always seem to be a crap shoot. I think we will be improved, but does that translate into very many more wins? That said, there is no doubt that the cavalry continues to arrive. We are headed toward great, based on talent alone, thanks to James Franklin and his relentless recruiting staff. I am very thankful for that.

Reactions: DB2592
I am optimistic yet realistic. If we could get 8 or 9 wins and a bowl victory I would be ecstatic. This is still a rebuilding year. I think 2016 and 2017 is when we can really shine. I would love to see Hack come back for his senior year but even if he does not, I think our future at QB....with McSorley, Stevens, and Jake Zembiec (probably butchered his name). The wideout position and TE looks good for the next few seasons and I love what the staff is building on the Dline. Shane Simmons at DE/LB is going to be an absolute beast.

With my eyes open, I wonder whether the OL will be improved, I wonder whether the offensive gameplan and Hack's ability are going to be syncronized, I wonder whether our special teams will be more than short bus special, and I wonder whether we can replace Hull at LB. This leads to questions about whether Penn State will be able to win all of their games against relatively talented teams. Maybe we drop one or two... and we end up winning 8 regular season games.

When I close my eyes, however, I believe in the momentum that CJF is building and the talent that Hack, Zettel, and many others have. With my eyes closed and my heart beating, I can't see anyone other than tOSU and Michigan State truly outclassing us. This would be a ten win season.

Factoring in both of these viewpoints, I'd say that we win 9 regular season games, but can't honestly say who would beat us other than tOSU and MSU. I think there is a chance we drop a game to one of the following (Michigan, Temple, Northwestern, SDSU, Rutgers, MD)

Reactions: Nashville Lion
If we beat Rutgers, Maryland, Illinois and either (preferably both) of the Michigan schools along with the usual OOC cupcakes, this season will be a success. I've incorporated corrupt officiating into my expectations.

"I was first."
"No you weren't, I was first."
"Huh uh."
"Uh huh."
medium-smiley-032.gif

Who agrees?

I suggested 10 wins were very possible in The Lions Den and was accused of drinking.....

OSU and MSU will be tough to beat, but the rest of the schedule seems beatable. After doing some research though, Rutgers and Maryland seem to be returning a lot of folks. PSU's progress will have to exceed theirs to win.

UM is breaking in a new QB. That's a wild card for them.

From our side, we had one returning starter on the OL last year. This year 4. That bodes well. Again, it is all about progress. Long term, it is clear Franklin is getting the players. For now though, he has to coach them up.

I'm excited.

Here is why I am very excited for the season. For the first time in about 15 or 20 YEARS, Penn State will be competing with all guns blazing. The sanctions have been lifted (though some after effects still linger), all coaches recruit, all coaches have earned their way onto the staff, and we will be getting even better in future years as we fill the roster with 85 Division 1 scholarship players.

Since the late 1990's, I felt as though Penn State was competing with one hand tied behind its back. I quite frankly got real sick of that s%*t. Going forward, teams may end up beating Penn State, but they will have earned it--we won't be giving them a self-imposed advantage any longer.

10 wins ain't happening probably. But I agree this is going to be the most fun season in a long time. Arguably 2012 was a really fun season because expectations were low and that team just fought so hard.

But this is should be a great year to watch some really young players -- I'm talking a lot of 18 and 19 year olds -- show what they can do on the big stage wearing a PSU uniform.

I am hopeful for 10. Actually, if we opened with any team on our schedule (except OSU and MSU) we would be favored. But, depending on how we do as the season progresses that may change.
The truly GOOD teams win the games they should. The GREAT teams win the others :)

How many are they playing? 20?

According to the lair, they have the best RB in the country, the best WR in the country, the hottest new coach in the country, should have won 4 more games last year, and are just plain due to get lucky since it's been 30 years. Granted their schedule is much harder than Penn State's according to them. (Someone seriously said that!)

According to the lair, they have the best RB in the country, the best WR in the country, the hottest new coach in the country, should have won 4 more games last year, and are just plain due to get lucky since it's been 30 years. Granted their schedule is much harder than Penn State's according to them. (Someone seriously said that!)
Their RB and WR are tremendous players. Too bad the other 20 guys range from meh to pretty good. I ain't seeing any other All-Americans out there.

Funny when CJF came here after winning years at Vandy, he was unproven. Nardo on the other hand is a lead pipe lock to be better than Urban, Petey and Nick Saban all rolled into one.

Can't wait to go to Heinz Field next year and squash them like bugs.

Ask McAndrew
You don't trust me Mr. Potter? But they call me "fair". Ah well, I call em' as I see em'. ILLINOISLION was absolutely the 1st to predict 10-2. I remember it so well because I thought he was nuts (maybe you are too). Now, I've bought into the hype and I'm predicting 9 wins, so 10 is not out of the question. By the way, I would not expect Tom to jump into this debate. He's relaxing on his 80 foot yacht somewhere in the waters off the coast of France.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT