ADVERTISEMENT

How will Penn St stop the best RB duo in college football?

PapaTed

Aug 17, 2023
Michigan-football-news-Donovan-Edwards-and-Blake-Corum_s-special-connection-will-make-Wolverines-fans-smile.jpg
I remember these two going for 300 plus vs Penn St last year

I don't mind a little back and forth with other team's fans. It can be fun, as long as things stay respectful.

This guy is kind of a troll to be sure. However, the answer to his question may turn out to be the difference between getting into the play off or not. After the other night, I'm not sure we can stop UM up the middle. The WVU OL may be one of the best we face all year, so maybe we aren't as soft as we looked. We'll see.

Reactions: JimNazium
I don't mind a little back and forth with other team's fans. It can be fun, as long as things stay respectful.

This guy is kind of a troll to be sure. However, the answer to his question may turn out to be the difference between getting into the play off or not. After the other night, I'm not sure we can stop UM up the middle. The WVU OL may be one of the best we face all year, so maybe we aren't as soft as we looked. We'll see.
Maybe Michigan wasn’t trying when they were held to 122 yards rushing on 31 attempts against mighty East Carolina.

Meanwhile JJ was 26-30 300 yards and 3 TD. Michigan can beat you either way
Again, wasn’t the subject of the thread, but you do you. Meanwhile, what was Allars stats against a far better team than ECU?

Michigan-football-news-Donovan-Edwards-and-Blake-Corum_s-special-connection-will-make-Wolverines-fans-smile.jpg
I'm not confident that they will. I don't think our DL is bad, it's just not elite and Michigan's OL is elite. It also doesn't help that we're weak at MLB. Hopefully Izzard will help some at DT and King/Robinson get better fast at MLB.

I'd work harder to keep our LBs and DEs in position to stop runners reaching the second level but that's not been our defensive strategy. We seem more intent on getting into the backfield and creating explosive plays. That's great when it works but it also leads to players overrunning the play and being caught out of position.

Reactions: JimNazium
Hahaha. Michigan. 1 undefeated season and .5 national championships since Harry Truman was President of the United States. 21-29 bowl record. Innumerable games handed to them by the Big Ten Zebras. Booger eaters to boot. I see they helped you out on that first TD when McCarthy was 25 yards past the line of scrimmage.

Hey guys, pay attention to what PapaTed is saying. He knows what he's talking about. His football IQ is on a whole different level. With that said,

Go Jim, Go Blue - beat those cheating, underachieving Buckeyes

Last edited:
True but I'd rather take our chances with their passing game than getting run over like we did last year.

Maybe Michigan wasn’t trying when they were held to 122 yards rushing on 31 attempts against mighty East Carolina.
I am sure you're right! The first game of the year, Michigan wants to make a statement, but they weren't trying!

They would have to bench them because they play for Penn State.

This Is Not PapaTed.........He Just Has The Jacket. It Looks Even Better In Person.
michigan-mullet-guy.jpg

I’m confused about the initial question. Is the PSU defense going to have to play against Singleton and Allen at some point?
Michigan defense completely shut down those RB last year.

Michigan defense will feast on a first year QB

Watching wvu game over their offensive line was strong and their qb was tough to contain.With the Illini and Iowa coming up PSU will have played some pretty good physical teams before Michigan.
That should help them get ready for a power rushing team.
As far as feasting on Drew he is not your typical first year starter and being six five plus allows him to see the field really well.
Michigan will have played no one before PSU.Bring it b……….ch

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
Simply put - they cannot. No one can. It’s just a matter of whether the dynamic duo combines for 400 or 500 yards/. Bc it’s a home game psu cannot forfeit, but I’m sure the game will end with the psu defense bowing their heads and calling the dynamic duo their daddies!

How that work out for Ohio St last year?
You cannot contain their passing game either. The only reason for um to play the regular season is to get ready for the cfp - there are a couple of teams that um is only 21 points better than, and of everything goes vs um they could lose a playoff game / but I wouldn’t bet on it. Sheer domination is in store this year. It’s like Ivan drago

If psu is smart it will start a linebacker at qb to minimize injuries/. The alternative is several psu qbs being carried off the field/. You cannot stop the dominance this year. It’s a machine with no blemishes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT