ADVERTISEMENT

How to Get B1G Tourney Tickets?

amattaro

Sep 12, 2017
Looking for advice on best way to get tickets for Minneapolis. I understand this thing doesn't usually sell out, and tickets were available directly from MSU last year. Does Penn State get an allocation that they don't fully use? I'd like to sit in our section if possible. I'm just a lowly fan, no season ticket holder or points accumulator.

Thanks in advance.

Looking for advice on best way to get tickets for Minneapolis. I understand this thing doesn't usually sell out, and tickets were available directly from MSU last year. Does Penn State get an allocation that they don't fully use? I'd like to sit in our section if possible. I'm just a lowly fan, no season ticket holder or points accumulator.

Thanks in advance.
Each B1G School sells tickets through their ticket office. The other 13 schools don't get allotments. It's first come, first serve...no criteria. Some rows saved up close for wrestler's families, but that's it. I would call the Minny Ticket Office in early December for a date they go on sale. You'll have to choose (if it's electronic ordering), or ask (when talking to a ticket office rep) for tickets in the Penn State section. Our fans travel really well to the Big Ten Championships, and I'm sure we'll have good numbers in Minneapolis, though surely not as many as the closer venues.

See ya in Minneapolis...hopefully!! Hoping old man winter takes the weekend off...

...and, if interested, you could meet several from this board.

Reactions: ccdiver
See ya in Minneapolis...hopefully!! Hoping old man winter takes the weekend off...

...and, if interested, you could meet several from this board.

I hear you on the weather. I was only in Cleveland Saturday last year and it was way too cold for my formerly residing in Florida bones.

Definitely will plan on the meet up.

I got 'em online last year through the MSU website. You can specifically order seats in the PSU section.

A Goopher season ticket holder told me the Minny ticket office said B1G Tourney tickets would go on sale on January 15.

A Goopher season ticket holder told me the Minny ticket office said B1G Tourney tickets would go on sale on January 15.

That sounds about right. Tickets usually go on sale in January and tickets aren't hard to get. Even In Iowa City a few years back they weren't sold out.

There's a major youth tournament going on that weekend. That or the state hs tournament. Something dumb. It sorta sucks.

There's a major youth tournament going on that weekend. That or the state hs tournament. Something dumb. It sorta sucks.

Perhaps a youth tourney -- I'm not looking up dates for that.

B1G Championships are March 9 & 10, 2019

MSHSL State Championships are Feb 28 thru March 2, 2019

Perhaps a youth tourney -- I'm not looking up dates for that.

B1G Championships are March 9 & 10, 2019

MSHSL State Championships are Feb 28 thru March 2, 2019
Ok, so it's our youth USA Wrestling State tournament (8th-10th), held an hour away from the cities. Might pull some families away from BIG's. Might pull me away from BIG's. Maybe I can talk my guys out of it and we can push forward to FS/GR. Either way, it kinda sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT