ADVERTISEMENT

How much will Alabama want to take Franklin?

Strong rumors out there that CJF is the front runner for the Washington job
Not sure if this is a joke but as much as Franklin has not taken us to the next level he’s put us in a good place. I’m a Franklin supporter, but he’s had some real problems with in game decisions and blowing games we should’ve won. That being said, I’m not sure I want to see who we can get if he leaves.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
Come on man. We had a whole conversation about a BB game where PSU was up 12 pts early and you made a post trashing chambers.

Within an hour you would make posts that said the FB coaches were above criticism because they made X dollars, and then trash the BB coaches as totally incompetent, despite them making far more than you have ever been paid to coach BB.
You'll need to do better. Either it's okay to criticize the coaches or it's not. You can't have it both ways. Just stop being so condescending toward anyone that criticizes JF and I'll never bring it up again.
I have never ever said FB coaches were above criticism because of what they made. And I’ve never trashed any D-1 basketball coach as being incompetent because I know that all of them know far more about basketball than I’ll ever know (something many posters on here should realize about football coaches). And the game you’re referring to we were up by 12 early and the other team was coming back and I stated that that was pretty usual for our team. Many went off the handle because apparently I was trashing Chambers because I stated that THE TEAM seemed to always jump out to an early lead and then blow it….and guess what, they blew that game as well. It was a very common occurrence while Chambers was the coach. And I have no problem with criticizing any coach as long as the criticism is realistic and as long as posters hold other coaches to the same expectations consistently. And I hate when the criticism comes after the fact…hindsight coaching by fans is the easiest and laziest thing to do and we have plenty of folks who do that. A coach goes for it on 4th down and makes it and he’s a genius, they don’t make it and it’s a horrible coaching decision. Finally, I turn it back on you, why is it perfectly okay to trash the hell out of James Franklin, but it was taboo to even question Pat Chambers?

• Wow
Reactions: Westcoast24
No, the company was expecting all 12 to hit and bare minimum was 11 of 12 and all the key competitors did that so the Marketing VP failed. PSU's bottom line would be improved by halving Franklin's salary.
But expecting to hit all 12 was not realistic and 11 out of 12 probably wasn’t either. And the huge majority of competitors didn’t do it. And did the company have an equally good product as the key competitors? No.

I have never ever said FB coaches were above criticism because of what they made. And I’ve never trashed any D-1 basketball coach as being incompetent because I know that all of them know far more about basketball than I’ll ever know (something many posters on here should realize about football coaches). And the game you’re referring to we were up by 12 early and the other team was coming back and I stated that that was pretty usual for our team. Many went off the handle because apparently I was trashing Chambers because I stated that THE TEAM seemed to always jump out to an early lead and then blow it….and guess what, they blew that game as well. It was a very common occurrence while Chambers was the coach. And I have no problem with criticizing any coach as long as the criticism is realistic and as long as posters hold other coaches to the same expectations consistently. And I hate when the criticism comes after the fact…hindsight coaching by fans is the easiest and laziest thing to do and we have plenty of folks who do that. A coach goes for it on 4th down and makes it and he’s a genius, they don’t make it and it’s a horrible coaching decision. Finally, I turn it back on you, why is it perfectly okay to trash the hell out of James Franklin, but it was taboo to even question Pat Chambers?
Not by me it wasn't. Don't care who you are if it takes you 9 freaking years to make the dance, you stink.

I LOVE Coach Rhodes however and don't have a single negative thing to say about him.

But expecting to hit all 12 was not realistic and 11 out of 12 probably wasn’t either. And the huge majority of competitors didn’t do it. And did the company have an equally good product as the key competitors? No.
Well the company did so he missed his objective. Such is life.

Not sure if this is a joke but as much as Franklin has not taken us to the next level he’s put us in a good place. I’m a Franklin supporter, but he’s had some real problems with in game decisions and blowing games we should’ve won. That being said, I’m not sure I want to see who we can get if he leaves.
That's defeatist. We are not Nebraska. Georgia did it and it worked out just fine.

Not by me it wasn't. Don't care who you are if it takes you 9 freaking years to make the dance, you stink.

I LOVE Coach Rhodes however and don't have a single negative thing to say about him.
I agree 9 years is too long. As far as Coach Rhoades, it’s too early to tell, the jury is still out. There are some things I like so far and some things I don’t, but I’ll wait until he gets his recruiting going and gets his guys in here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT