ADVERTISEMENT

How many top 100 players have already signed with Alabama, Ohio St. and Clemson and how many more are expected to sign on Feb. 3.

BWI PHIL GROSZ

May 29, 2001
Before I tell you these numbers, I have to say I was even surprised by the numbers. Sixteen players from the class of 2021 have already signed with Alabama and three more on Feb. 3 are expected to sign with the Crimson Tide.

Ten players from the class of 2021 have already signed with Ohio State and two more are expected to sign with the Buckeyes on Feb. 3 and seven [7] players from the class of 2021 have already signed with Clemson and three more top 100 players are projected to sign with Clemson on Feb. 3.

That means that 1/3 of the top 100 players in the class of 2021 have already signed with Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson and its being projected that when recruiting is over for the class of 2021 most likely 40 or 41 [40-percent] of the players in the class of 2021 will enroll at Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson.

Seven FBS football programs are expected to sign 62 top 100 players on Feb. 3. The present College Football Playoff system has created a small group of "elite" football programs. Please tell me I'm wrong that Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson are all but guaranteed of playing in three of the next four College Football Playoffs.

Is this what is good for FBS college football?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News