ADVERTISEMENT

How does Old Main Location affect protest?

Please don’t do it. Don’t be an idiot for once.

Where do you get off on calling me and idiot
I was pointing out that you really don’t have any insight as to what people are trying to say

Nowhere did I say what I was planning on doing or not doing

I will make my point in the manner I see fit which in this case will be directly to ESPN if I feel so inclined

Who do you work for

Reactions: Ski
Where do you get off on calling me and idiot
I was pointing out that you really don’t have any insight as to what people are trying to say

Nowhere did I say what I was planning on doing or not doing

I will make my point in the manner I see fit which in this case will be directly to ESPN if I feel so inclined

Who do you work for
It’s apparent based on your view of the scandal. Of course, that is just my opinion but I’m willing to bet the public sees it the same as I.

It’s apparent based on your view of the scandal. Of course, that is just my opinion but I’m willing to bet the public sees it the same as I.

doubling down on your ignorance I see

FWIW my "View" of the scandal is that of an expert in these types of things - and I say that humbly. My experiences aren't just limited to the CSA portion of this situation but also vast experiences with non-profit boards of directors and charities from any an all angles (including the political angle). So forgive me if I don't give a rats patoot what the "public" thinks. It's common knowledge that the public are sheep - or as they say in politics, "The Masses are Asses". The bad people not only prey on that, they COUNT on it.

So again, you are not in any position to judge me - the fact that you do shows a lot about your character.

However, I've noticed that you've stayed on a singular message - its almost robotic. You have no desire to 'listen' or 'learn' anything from anyone who may have more knowledge than you.

If you actually read what I wrote and listened to what I've said, you would have noticed my intentions are to take up my issues with ESPN directly as I actually think that is a better avenue to pursue than putting up some sign at Game Day.

If you want to offer an apology I will accept it because that's the kind of person I am.
If not, again that will state more about you than me. Regardless, I will continue to try and educate folks on what is truly important to me. And no that is NOT Joe Paterno.

I try and educate people on this issue because it is important - Joe just happened to be the guy that was railroaded in this case by some very nefarious people who had very evil intentions to say the least.

doubling down on your ignorance I see

FWIW my "View" of the scandal is that of an expert in these types of things - and I say that humbly. My experiences aren't just limited to the CSA portion of this situation but also vast experiences with non-profit boards of directors and charities from any an all angles (including the political angle). So forgive me if I don't give a rats patoot what the "public" thinks. It's common knowledge that the public are sheep - or as they say in politics, "The Masses are Asses". The bad people not only prey on that, they COUNT on it.

So again, you are not in any position to judge me - the fact that you do shows a lot about your character.

However, I've noticed that you've stayed on a singular message - its almost robotic. You have no desire to 'listen' or 'learn' anything from anyone who may have more knowledge than you.

If you actually read what I wrote and listened to what I've said, you would have noticed my intentions are to take up my issues with ESPN directly as I actually think that is a better avenue to pursue than putting up some sign at Game Day.

If you want to offer an apology I will accept it because that's the kind of person I am.
If not, again that will state more about you than me. Regardless, I will continue to try and educate folks on what is truly important to me. And no that is NOT Joe Paterno.

I try and educate people on this issue because it is important - Joe just happened to be the guy that was railroaded in this case by some very nefarious people who had very evil intentions to say the least.
That’s nice. Joe failed.

He did what he should have
The difference between us is yours is a misguided opinion and mine is a fact based on expertise
Im sorry, but Joe had far more information than just an average person about the pedo. He knew that Jerry had a charity to pick and choose his victims from. He knew that Jerry was so committed to that charity that it prevented him from being the head coach of one of the best programs in the nation. He knew about a previous shower incident (at least). And unlike most, he had real power. Maybe you can just sit there and ignore these things but I cannot. Point to the minimum all you want but Joe could have done more.

He failed.

Im sorry, but Joe had far more information than just an average person about the pedo. He knew that Jerry had a charity to pick and choose his victims from. He knew that Jerry was so committed to that charity that it prevented him from being the head coach of one of the best programs in the nation. He knew about a previous shower incident (at least). And unlike most, he had real power. Maybe you can just sit there and ignore these things but I cannot. Point to the minimum all you want but Joe could have done more.

He failed.

Again your comprehension skills are weak
I never said he did the “minimum”, I said he did the right thing

That’s fine, but what do you think a protest will accomplish on national tv? It will just fan the flames.

Do you feel obligated to provide a retort to every single poster who indicates that he supports some kind of Game Day sign commenting on the Sandusky fiasco or Joe? I can't imagine anyone here is unfamiliar with your position on the matter by now.

I, for one, feel a bit conflicted about the issue. I think the people who are angry at ESPN are fully justified in feeling that way, but I also understand the arguments that getting in ESPN's face will not do much to change the false narrative and takes the focus away (at least a little) from the accomplishments of the current players.

There will likely be plenty of signs reflecting appreciation of the current players and coaches. Mixed in with those signs, there will likely be other signs reflecting continued support for Joe and perhaps some humorous mockery of ESPN, Freeh and/or the NCAA. I see nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: colt21
Do you feel obligated to provide a retort to every single poster who indicates that he supports some kind of Game Day sign commenting on the Sandusky fiasco or Joe? I can't imagine anyone here is unfamiliar with your position on the matter by now.

I, for one, feel a bit conflicted about the issue. I think the people who are angry at ESPN are fully justified in feeling that way, but I also understand the arguments that getting in ESPN's face will not do much to change the false narrative and takes the focus away (at least a little) from the accomplishments of the current players.

There will likely be plenty of signs reflecting appreciation of the current players and coaches. Mixed in with those signs, there will likely be other signs reflecting continued support for Joe and perhaps some humorous mockery of ESPN, Freeh and/or the NCAA. I see nothing wrong with that.
What do you think the media will focus on with those signs? How will that reflect on PSU?

Remember my version of the right thing is based on over a quarter century of experience
That’s nice. My version is based on the reality of the situation. In that quarter century, how many of the pedos founded and were active participants in a charity for at risk youths? How many were former employees to the man who was given the info; a man who heard of a prior allegation and who wouldn’t support the pedo in eventually succeeding him, not because of merit but because he spent too much time with the kids?

That’s nice. My version is based on the reality of the situation. In that quarter century, how many of the pedos founded and were active participants in a charity for at risk youths? How many were former employees to the man who was given the info; a man who heard of a prior allegation and who wouldn’t support the pedo in eventually succeeding him, not because of merit but because he spent too much time with the kids?

Dude you really should stop - the more you type the more it becomes obvious that you truly have no clue what you are taking about

So no to my questions?

No it wasn’t “no” to your questions
It’s more that your questions are so far off base from how these things work they don’t deserve an answer

I told you - Joe did exactly how he should have - he helped convict JS and the NCAAs own “updated” procedures validated Joes actions

The fact that you continuously try to make him out to be a bad guy in this shows just how out of touch you are

You are blinded by bias or hatred or some weird affiliation to the wrong people that you can’t open your mind to understand that Joe did what he should have !

No it wasn’t “no” to your questions
It’s more that your questions are so far off base from how these things work they don’t deserve an answer

I told you - Joe did exactly how he should have - he helped convict JS and the NCAAs own “updated” procedures validated Joes actions

The fact that you continuously try to make him out to be a bad guy in this shows just how out of touch you are

You are blinded by bias or hatred or some weird affiliation to the wrong people that you can’t open your mind to understand that Joe did what he should have !
I get it, you can’t accept that the old man failed. He was human, it happens. Unfortunately for the victims and PSU, Joe failed miserably along with the rest of those involved.

I get it, you can’t accept that the old man failed. He was human, it happens. Unfortunately for the victims and PSU, Joe failed miserably along with the rest of those involved.

GMJ - he did not fail
No "expert" out there will tell you he failed
Only folks with a misguided agenda think that

He did as he should have - he was a minimal piece of this whole mess - and he was unfairly targeted because he was Joe Paterno

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT