ADVERTISEMENT

How did we not make the NIT??

PennStateNate

Feb 2, 2014
Defending champs, one of the hottest B1G teams down the stretch.

How did Georgetown, Dayton, San Diego, Xavier, Toledo, Butler, Colorado make it over us??

Reactions: aferrelli
Georgetown- 19-13.
Dayton- 21-11.
San Diego- 21-14.
Xavier- 18-15.
Toledo- 25-7.
Butler- 16-16.
Colorado- 21-12.

Penn State- 14-18.
Not saying PSU deserved the invite, but I think it’s likely Vegas would have PSU as favorite vs every team on this list.

Not saying PSU deserved the invite, but I think it’s likely Vegas would have PSU as favorite vs every team on this list.
We would be, but NIT selection is based upon what you have done/the past, not what you will do/the future. That 14-18 made any thoughts of an NIT bid a non-starter. We'd be an obvious CBI candidate if we had wanted to play in it.

Not sure if we turned down a bid? WVU and Depaul accepted. WVU was 14-20, 0-10 in away games. I surely take it that we were offered and turned down the bid again.

One time we accepted a bid and lost in the second round… haven’t accepted one since then, even thought we were offered after another season since then.

I don’t know if that’s true or not (I’ve only seen Georgetown, Xavier, and Colorado play), but I think there’s an over inflation of the Penn St basketball results on this board compared with the rest of the country.

Last edited:
Georgetown- 19-13.
Dayton- 21-11.
San Diego- 21-14.
Xavier- 18-15.
Toledo- 25-7.
Butler- 16-16.
Colorado- 21-12.

Penn State- 14-18.

Yep, doesn't take a genius to realize that the only person that respects PSU's season is Sandy. Because now she can go on an earlier vacation instead of conducting a search for a coach that would have a chance of bringing an NCAA appearance to PSU basketball... sad... :(

I don’t know if that’s true or not (I’ve only seen Georgetown, Xavier, and Colorado play), but I think there’s an over inflation of the Penn St basketball results on this board compared with the rest of the country.
Honestly, don’t really think it’s an over inflation on this board (with exception of small subset of posters). As bizarre as it sounds, even after losing to Minny, appears PSU still considered a Quad 1 team. A lot of the media & the various power rankings have really raised perception of PSU in the last month.

PSU would absolutely be favored over every team on that list (probably in the 3-3.5 point range over the next tier of Xavier/Toledo/Colorado/Dayton, who are all within a point or so of each other).

Honestly, don’t really think it’s an over inflation on this board (with exception of small subset of posters). As bizarre as it sounds, even after losing to Minny, appears PSU still considered a Quad 1 team. A lot of the media & the various power rankings have really raised perception of PSU in the last month.
We’d be favored over about 9-10 teams that got at-large bids if we played them tomorrow (Minnesota included).

The cbi is a pay-to-play tournament, for those who do not know
Thanks. Embarrassed to say I’ve never heard of it. Sounds like it’s only valuable for getting exposure for the unknown or experience for the inexperienced.

Wait ..... some of our fans are "complaining" that a 14-18 team got "ripped off" ?????

Sorry. But when you go 14-18, you should not be complaining about being left out of ANYTHING

****** This. No participation trophies in the real world. Either win or sit at home.

Reactions: Howie'81
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT