ADVERTISEMENT

How bad is the ACC?

Let's not start this crap. Leave it for some of those fools on the Pitt board.
Clemson has a nice team that's having a bad night. I recall PSU having a similar stinker at MSU.
I think all these conferences have one or two very solid teams at the top most years, a whole bunch of mediocre teams in the middle, and a couple programs that struggle most years. We've heard all season that the SEC is down and it looks like it will have both championship finalists.

ACC and Pac 12 did not show well and looked pretty weak overall. SEC is top heavy with UGA and Bama and then not much else after that.

The ACC is OK. They aren't great, but they are OK. Clemson was good this year but not nearly as good as they have been the last two. And frankly neither is Alabama. Based on the playoff performances so far I'd rank them UGA, OU, Alabama, Clemson. And there are a number of other teams who are just as good as Alabama and Clemson that did not make the playoff.

After Clemson you had Miami who was mostly smoke and mirrors all year. The Miami team this year was a poor man's version of the 2016 Michigan team. The 2016 UM team would mop the floor with that Miami team, though. After that you have FSU who has tons of talent but was riddled with injuries and disfunction all year. They had potential but that was about it. After that there isn't really much left to talk about with regards to the ACC. The same can be said about a few other conferences, though.

The SEC was trash this year. UGA is very good and after that you have Auburn, who is better than Alabama but suffered from playing a lot tougher schedule than Alabama. Then you have Alabama who is a good team, but no better than plenty of others. After that the SEC is not very good.

The BIGXII has OU, TCU, and Oklahoma State. OU is right there with UGA and a lot better than Auburn and Bama. TCU and Oklahoma State are right there with Auburn and Bama. After that, the BIGXII doesn't have much.

The B1G has OSU, Wisconsin, and PSU who are all just as good or better than Alabama. I think OSU is definitely better than Alabama this year. After that the B1G is deeper than any other conference in football.

The Pac12 is bad this year. Like, 30 for 30 episode bad.

There is not a lot there, in the ACC. Clemson was hyped up all season but with a new QB, they are a shadow of last season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT