ADVERTISEMENT

House of Cards Trailer...."One Nation, Under Wood".

First season was the best by far. Second or was it third season got really weird. Improved last year and will soon see what season five has in store. Should be fun.

First season was the best by far. Second or was it third season got really weird. Improved last year and will soon see what season five has in store. Should be fun.

Looks to me like last year was all a setup for this coming year. Looks good, IMHO.

I like(d) the show, but I have grown a bit tired and depressed by it. Sure, that acting is top notch and at times it is wildly entertaining, its just so depressing, there is not one single character to root for anymore. Its sort of a macabre viewpoint into the seedy underbelly of American politics and whether exaggerated or not, I find it tough to believe or continue to be an active participant by watching. Just so very disheartening....at some point watching the show seems like self-flagellation.

Reactions: EPC FAN
I like(d) the show, but I have grown a bit tired and depressed by it. Sure, that acting is top notch and at times it is wildly entertaining, its just so depressing, there is not one single character to root for anymore. Its sort of a macabre viewpoint into the seedy underbelly of American politics and whether exaggerated or not, I find it tough to believe or continue to be an active participant by watching. Just so very disheartening....at some point watching the show seems like self-flagellation.

I like Doug Stamper and Frank. Doug is the better of the two. As much as I want to root to see Frank fail, I just can't do it. Frank is a survivor and think that trait or ability I find appealing.

I like Doug Stamper and Frank. Doug is the better of the two. As much as I want to root to see Frank fail, I just can't do it. Frank is a survivor and think that trait or ability I find appealing.

Doug is a perverse weirdo and a murderer. Frank too is a murderer. I respect that you like the show and the characters in some way....I guess because they are survivors, but i find them very difficult to root for.

Doug is a perverse weirdo and a murderer. Frank too is a murderer. I respect that you like the show and the characters in some way....I guess because they are survivors, but i find them very difficult to root for.

That's the beauty of it. It's dark but incredibly intriguing and smart. And you wonder if real world politics goes this far. You hope it doesn't, but deep down inside you know it could, and probably has.

Underwood is one of the best characters on television right now. Spacey is a fantastic actor, especially in this role.

Got this message today from the President

My Fellow Americans,
All my life, I've devoted myself to our fine country. Protecting your freedoms is my greatest honor. In dark times like these we must keep our eyes open and watch out for each other. As May 30th approaches, I need your loyalty more than ever. Can Claire and I count on you?
My staff doesn't believe in propaganda, but we do believe you'll enjoy this video trailer.
(Would not embed so have to go to Netflix to see)

signature.png

President Francis J. Underwood

I watched season 1, but when season 2 went into the whole not having kids territory I checked out. Does that make up a large portion of season 2 and/or can I skip to another point?

I watched season 1, but when season 2 went into the whole not having kids territory I checked out. Does that make up a large portion of season 2 and/or can I skip to another point?

I feel like that is a very relevant part of the characters. These people gave up their lives for power....kids just get in the way. This is a real issue for two career families. Claire also has a bit of a crises of character when her mom passes. I feel this is going to be exploited more, down the road, as it becomes more and more ruthless and people start to wonder WTF they are doing and why. Are they doing this "for the good of the people" or simply to stay in power?

But to your question, the kids issue in not a huge part of season two from a time consumption standpoint.

You probably want to skip it since you're so sensitive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT