ADVERTISEMENT

4th Down

penntex

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
Could you imagine the state of this board if our coach went for it on 4th and 1 from our 30 with 2 minutes left like the Ducks? I was surprised and would really sting as an Oregon fan as may have cost them a playoff shot.

Reactions: bdgan
Could you imagine the state of this board if our coach went for it on 4th and 1 from our 30 with 2 minutes left like the Ducks? I was surprised and would really sting as an Oregon fan as may have cost them a playoff shot.
I’m guessing he thought he needed to score on every possession the way that second half was going. But you’re right - I’m sure it’s being second guessed by the Ducks’ faithful.

On Singleton’s score in the second quarter on fourth in one you could hear all the fans underneath of the fox microphone screaming come on coach take the points what are you doing going for it right here.

A 45 yarder was hardly automatic though Pinegar proved that wrong later, I think most coaches would’ve gone for it the way we were running the ball at that point.

Last edited:
Reactions: NedFromYork

I also got a kick out of the fact that Franklin went for 4th-&-1 twice yesterday - scoring long TDs on both plays.... and not a word from the football savant couch coaches.....

I also got a kick out of the fact that Franklin went for 4th-&-1 twice yesterday - scoring long TDs on both plays.... and not a word from the football savant couch coaches.....
Just to get you fired up, it was Maryland and it was clear that they were being totally dominated by the PSU defense.

Now, against better teams it’s not nearly as clear a decision, e.g. Oregon vs Washington (should have punted, especially with 2nd team QB who made a horrible decision when he handed the ball instead of keeping it himself).

Reactions: ram2020
Washington could have run the clock down to a few seconds before kicking the game winning FG. Instead they threw a pass OOB and left Oregon 55 seconds.

Washington fans would probably be complaining if Oregon would have come back and won.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
C'mon man, you know the rules by now. If it works, it was because the other team stinks and PSU is doing what they should be doing. If it doesn't, CJF sucks and should be fired, Clifford benched and some former PSU player should be the top candidate for the head coaching job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT