ADVERTISEMENT

Hershey Area Restaurants

PAgeologist

Jan 8, 2017
Lilly, PA
Any recommendations for a decent bar or restaurant in the Hershey or Harrisburg area for dinner and a couple drinks. Looking to be roughly in the $100 neighborhood for 2 of us. It's been around 5 years since I have been in the area, so I'm not sure of the changes, new places, etc...

We like just about anything. Although anywhere with a good beer selection is a plus. Especially if they make their own beer.

Here are a couple of suggestions.

The Mill - A bit pricey but very good food and drinks in a nice atmosphere. They don't make beer.

Englewood - A brew room and an event space. The menu is very limited but it's all good. Tonight's event is a Grateful Dead Tribute.

Here is the main site:

Here Brew House site:

Iron Hill Brewery - It's right downtown on Chocolate Ave. It's pretty good.

Troegs Brewery - I like this place. Their food though is very expensive for what you get but it's fun to go there.

The Boro - A local sports bar with good food and great prices. The link I found only references their Harrisburg location. I much prefer the Hummelstown location. Here is the address:
401 E Main St, Hummelstown, PA 17036

Last edited:

The Mill - A bit pricey but very good food and drinks in a nice atmosphere. They don't make beer.

Englewood - A brew room and an event space. The menu is very limited but it's all good. Tonight's event is a Grateful Dead Tribute.

Here is the main site:

Here Brew House site:

Troegs Brewery - I like this place. There food though is very expensive for what you get but it's fun to go there.

The Boro - A local sports bar with good food and great prices. The link I found only references their Harrisburg location. I much prefer the Hummelstown location. Here is the address:
Was just going to ask if the boro was still up and running? I loved watching games there when I was still local. Also loved the Penn hotel

Also, any recommendations on a good place to watch the game tomorrow?
The Boro in Hummelstown or The Penn Hotel in Hershey. The Penn doesn't make beer but it may be a good choice for tonight.

Reactions: PAgeologist
Was just going to ask if the boro was still up and running? I loved watching games there when I was still local.
It was closed during covid but recently is up and running. They are however having employee shortages so sometimes it's closed unexpectedly. Their hours say they open at 12PM tomorrow so we'll see. I used to watch most of the games there but none so far this year.

I was going to suggest The Boro and Arooga's. I actually like the one on North Front Street in Harrisburg. It has many televisions running and a nice view of the river. The wings are outstanding.

There are several Arooga's in the area. They are a typical sports bar with numerous TV running.

Another vote for the Boro here. Always liked that place. Used to stop in for lunch pretty often when I worked in that area.

Any recommendations for a decent bar or restaurant in the Hershey or Harrisburg area for dinner and a couple drinks. Looking to be roughly in the $100 neighborhood for 2 of us. It's been around 5 years since I have been in the area, so I'm not sure of the changes, new places, etc...

We like just about anything. Although anywhere with a good beer selection is a plus. Especially if they make their own beer.
$100 these days sounds like the Olive Garden.

2 entrees $45
Appetizer to share $15
2 glasses of wine $20
2 beers $10
Tax $5
Tip $15

Total $110

$100 these days sounds like the Olive Garden.

2 entrees $45
Appetizer to share $15
2 glasses of wine $20
2 beers $10
Tax $5
Tip $15

Total $110
Oh I agree. It's getting expensive to find a decent meal out. Thankfully, both of us don't mind good bar food. You can usually get by with $50-60.

Reactions: Thomas1945
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Those all sound pretty good.

I think the only one I have eaten at was Troegs. It was good but expensive, as noted.

I was going to suggest The Boro and Arooga's. I actually like the one on North Front Street in Harrisburg. It has many televisions running and a nice view of the river. The wings are outstanding.

There are several Arooga's in the area. They are a typical sports bar with numerous TV running.
IMO, the Harrisburg Boro is a big sports bar with the Boro's menu while the Boro in Hummelstown is a locals bar with really good food that happens to have a bunch of TV's.

Reactions: gamblepsu
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Those all sound pretty good.

I think the only one I have eaten at was Troegs. It was good but expensive, as noted.
While the beer selection is great, with the food it's like the chefs see what's trendy and try to take their own spin on it but end up trying too hard for what it is.... very noisey if you care about that.

While the beer selection is great, with the food it's like the chefs see what's trendy and try to take their own spin on it but end up trying too hard for what it is.... very noisey if you care about that.
I do remember the menu being a bit on the odd side. And I did also notice there wasn't much for noise adsorption

Here is the main site:

Here Brew House site:

Troegs Brewery - I like this place. There food though is very expensive for what you get but it's fun to go there.

A second for Iron Hill.

@PAgeologist Give us an update please. Where did you go last night and where did you watch the game today.
I ended up not going down. Actually my garage door decided I shouldn't go. Something went haywire on it and I'm working on figuring it out.

Just about as aggravating as the game was.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Maybe next chance we get I'll give one a shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT