ADVERTISEMENT

Herm Edwards' first "moment" at Arizona State

I get being nervous at an introductory press conference but he seems a little ‘off’ talking over that reporter. Was he like that with the Jets or Chiefs?

I get being nervous at an introductory press conference but he seems a little ‘off’ talking over that reporter. Was he like that with the Jets or Chiefs?

That's Herm.

Reactions: psu00
I thought Mike Riley was the worst P-5 hire going back 5 years, but Herm may have him beat. Herm is a 180 degree opposite of Mike Riley. Neither good. :)

I am stunned that the President of ASU approved this hire.

He’s 62 and hasn’t coached since 2009.

Arizona’s gotta be licking their chops!

But I'm still wondering if Herm seriously didn't know the mascot of the team that he just signed on to coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: psu00
Wow. AD mentions 24th head coach instead of just next head coach. Hands off to Herm's agent to explain why Herm is the right guy. If that's not bad enough, Herm's agent isn't even there, it's via teleconference!

Translation: Big name to attract recruits, assistants do all the heavy lifting.

tenor.gif

Reactions: NittPicker
The reason NFL teams separate personnel and coaching is so they can negotiate contracts without the player blaming the negotiation issues on the coaching staff. It avoid dissention to some degree. Not sure why a college team needs that? Especially when college players are only around a few years.

Not sure how anyone is surprised with the stupidity of this hire by ASU. Do you know what country we're in right now? Anyone watch the news lately? I guess the positive for ASU is that he at least has a solid reputation for being a good human being.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT