ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State vs Lehigh

androcles

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2003
...scheduled for December 4th @ 2 PM at Stabler Arena...
...they have a nice home schedule:

10/28- wrestle offs
11/5 - Oregon State
11/6 - Sacred Heart
11/12 - Oklahoma St
12/4 - Penn State
1/26 - Arizona St
2/4 - Army

Last edited:
I got Beard over Dean.

Season 3 Trolling GIF by Paramount+

strangely enough, guys who transfer out have a pretty good record against cael right? Bubba, Suriano, and Teske were/are all unbeaten against psu after leaving.
Even though you will still argue they (Suriano and Teske) have a good track record, they beat Drew (2-1 Dec Suriano), Jakob Campbell (2-0 Dec Teske) and Schnupp (Fall Suriano). Let us not act that they have faced stiff competition.

strangely enough, guys who transfer out have a pretty good record against cael right? Bubba, Suriano, and Teske were/are all unbeaten against psu after leaving.
I don't think any of us would be shocked if Beard wins at the dual. He's a fantastic wrestler and a guy most of us didn't want to see go.

PSU had two very good options at 197 last season and, if report of the head-to-head matchups were true, there wasn't much separating them.

I know who I'd rather have come March, though...

Not really.

Garrett Hammond and Jordan Pagano took about 2x the Ls as the 3 you listed had wins, without ever winning against PSU.

Strangely enough, both had wins against Iowa.

See how easy it is to cherry pick to support one's premise

Not really.

Garrett Hammond and Jordan Pagano took about 2x the Ls as the 3 you listed had wins, without ever winning against PSU.

Strangely enough, both had wins against Iowa.

See how easy it is to cherry pick to support one's premise
ah forgot about hammond. i don't think pagano really fits though. he was never a guy who was supposed to start. i guess what i'm saying is bubba and teske left because they didn't see a spot anymore and ended up beating their replacements at ncaa's. beard would fit that mold. i'm very excited if the reports of their razor thin wrestle off were true.

i guess what i'm saying is bubba and teske left because they didn't see a spot anymore
I guess that now you are guessing why each left, since your earlier generalization didn't hold water.

There was more to Bubba's departure than feeling he was being replaced. Teske was on record that he was homesick.

Still it is something for an Iowa fan to assert Teske left because he didn't think he was good enough to start for PSU, even as he is now with Iowa.

Last edited:
I don't think any of us would be shocked if Beard wins at the dual. He's a fantastic wrestler and a guy most of us didn't want to see go.

PSU had two very good options at 197 last season and, if report of the head-to-head matchups were true, there wasn't much separating them.

I know who I'd rather have come March, though...
The initial wrestle off was close. Dean got a last second TD and won by one. There wasn't anything going on in the room after that forced the staff to reexamine the status of starter and backup.

so all those guys didnt want to win a team title,who cares!
No idea. What I'm saying is that Teske is losing to Penn State if he wrestles at 133 this year. The only way to keep the streak alive for iowa is for a Spencer Lee bump to 133, or of course a Teske duck on Jan. 27(and my money is already on Schriver going instead of Teske to protect seed), then the ultimate prayer of avoiding RBY somehow both at B1Gs AND in Tulsa lol

Reactions: Ski
Knock it off, there are 2-3 people in Iowa worth missing..
To generalize like that for a cheap laugh is disgusting, and I like it..
The true value of a dopey joke is by how many Karen's chime in.. Good luck to you.

Reactions: Ruby Tues
I guess that now you are guessing why each left, since your earlier generalization didn't hold water.

There was more to Bubba's departure than feeling he was being replaced. Teske was on record that he was homesick.

Still it is something for an Iowa fan to assert Teske left because he didn't think he was good enough to start for PSU, even as he is now with Iowa.
y'all are so sensitive. just pointing out that transfers have come back and beaten psu guys, so the 100% confidence that dean is going to crush a guy who he beat on a last second takedown during a wrestle off (reportedly) is a little premature.

Reactions: backdrft76
y'all are so sensitive. just pointing out that transfers have come back and beaten psu guys, so the 100% confidence that dean is going to crush a guy who he beat on a last second takedown during a wrestle off (reportedly) is a little premature.
It's all about perception. I see it as a National Champion wrestling a guy who didn't start last year. I would guess if it was explained that way to an outsider, they would pick Dean too.

Reactions: Ski
Strangely enough, no one in this thread said anything about Dean crushing Beard except you. Kind of sensitive of you isn't it? :cool:

Can anybody confirm what I thought I’d heard, that Max was wrestling in the 191 range last year? I like Beard and had thought he had more upside, but wondering if Dean up a few pounds might keep him on top. Not sure he’d feel as good if there is some room to fill out even more.

It's all about perception. I see it as a National Champion wrestling a guy who didn't start last year. I would guess if it was explained that way to an outsider, they would pick Dean too.
Wow, that's cold toward a Penn State All-American.

Last year Dean did not bonus any 2022 or returning AAs, so he's favored but unlikely to rout a highly familiar opponent like Beard.

Wow, that's cold toward a Penn State All-American.

Last year Dean did not bonus any 2022 or returning AAs, so he's favored but unlikely to rout a highly familiar opponent like Beard.
Truth. Those are the facts. I don't think Dean is going to crush Beard. They are both great wrestlers but that doesn't change what I wrote. I don't see why it's cold. I'm pretty sure Beard knows its's true. He'll have his chance to change what happened in the past, in a couple of months. Until then I'll take the current PSU wrestler. :)

Last edited:
If Cael couldn't improve Beard's cardiovascular deficiency, I doubt the Lehigh staff will be able to fix it, either. I would not be surprised to see some regression there, actually.

I imagine that Dean will continue to grow into the weight this year; he looked smaller than everyone he wrestled.

I could see Beard being up 6-3, 6-5 going into the third period and then completely falling apart. Based on what we've seen with him in the past, and what we've seen from Dean, I would be very surprised if this is NOT the case.

Reactions: PSUbluTX and Ski
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT