ADVERTISEMENT

Here is a list of 5 Star running backs that are better than Saquon Barkley was as a Sophomore....

Who's got it better than Saquon? Nobody.

(That might make a good sign for the October White Out Game.)

Reactions: manilion
Remember the #1 RB in the country a few years back, Derrick Green. Transferred from Mich to TCU and just finished the 2016 season. Probably won't even get drafted. Hard to believe Rivals had him #1 and SB #11, and Ezekiel Elliott #12.

SB has it all, speed, unbelievable moves, power, hands, and a vertical that is off the charts. That TD run against USC was a thing of beauty to watch!

Remember the #1 RB in the country a few years back, Derrick Green. Transferred from Mich to TCU and just finished the 2016 season. Probably won't even get drafted. Hard to believe Rivals had him #1 and SB #11, and Ezekiel Elliott #12.

SB has it all, speed, unbelievable moves, power, hands, and a vertical that is off the charts. That TD run against USC was a thing of beauty to watch!
I still watch it a couple times a week. Great run, and the cuts ... oh my!

Reactions: N&B4PSU
But he doesn't have Pitt Speed but he is pretty good!

Unfortunately he is also a smurf.. :eek::cool:

latest

Reactions: RobBliz
It's a good thing he didn't go to Rutgers cuz where would he fit in their crowded backfield?:rolleyes:

I am a 48 year old father to two wonderful girls and married to an amazing wife. But I am just crazy about Barkley. Obviously don't REALLY know him. But from what we can see about him, just seems like a flat out genuine good kid. And oh yeah, he's not a bad football player.

Other than total yards, Barkley's stats were better.

Two great players in college. Hershel has by a bit imo. Back then it was basically all about running. Miami, to name one, changed offensive strategy from mainly rushing but it was still basically pound the ball back then. I see SB as a much better pro. SB will be like Lav Bell. Never leaves the field.

Last edited:
Two great players in college. Hershel has by a bit imo. Back then it was basically all about running. Miami, to name one, changed offensive strategy from mainly rushing but it was still basically pound the ball back then. I see SB as a much better pro. SB will be like Lav Bell. Never leaves the field.

He is determined to be complete....and the best at each part of the game

As for Hershel ... all I can say is Walker Lee Ashley.

Reactions: PSU65 and EPC FAN
He is determined to be complete....and the best at each part of the game

As for Hershel ... all I can say is Walker Lee Ashley.

I guess you didn't see Hersel play. And probably don't remember his recruitment as, well, God in Georgia. Probably didn't realize Hershel Walker was Heisman Trophy winner. Didn't realize many felt he was best player in college football his Freshman year. Forgot he got screwed out of Heisman his Sophomore year because there was a bias back then against young players. Back in Hershel's day he regarded way higher than SB. No disrespect for SB Because he is one of the top 3 RBs in the country. But Hershel Walker may never be replaced as the the greatest college RB of all time. Marcus Dupree had a chance but Hersel Walker is the greatest imo.

Reactions: todd brewster
I guess you didn't see Hersel play. And probably don't remember his recruitment as, well, God in Georgia. Probably didn't realize Hershel Walker was Heisman Trophy winner. Didn't realize many felt he was best player in college football his Freshman year. Forgot he got screwed out of Heisman his Sophomore year because there was a bias back then against young players. Back in Hershel's day he regarded way higher than SB. No disrespect for SB Because he is one of the top 3 RBs in the country. But Hershel Walker may never be replaced as the the greatest college RB of all time. Marcus Dupree had a chance but Hersel Walker is the greatest imo.
I saw Hershel play.

Idiot.

I am 66 years old...saw Hershel his entire career...douche...he was a fine straight ahead runner...would make a great H back today...excellent receiver out of the backfield within a limited number of plays. It's not nearly the same game today as then.... My original post wasn't referring to RBs from an archaeological dig.. in other words .....fossils... that played a game 30+ years ago with different rules when there were no f'ing 5 stars.

Hershel Walker was the best running back I ever saw in college. Every team stacked the box against him and he still ran for 1800 yards. I believe he should have won the Heisman 3 years in a row. If I remember right he also was close to Olympic speed in the hundred meters. I love S Barclay and I hope he has as good of a junior year as Walker did. He also did have a pretty successful career in both football leagues.

Reactions: Nit16
Hershel ..for you morons was not a Five ... Four....or any star running back as he pre dates the star ranking system. Same goes for Jim Brown...Doak Walker, etc etc....

If you lack the necessary reading comprehension to understand the subject line please don't post in that thread.... If you want to start a thread about a different subject...please do... Go right ahead. Go ahead and compare the body of work of an 18 year old with that of a retired veteran of the NFL ... I guarantee you I won't waste a second in that ridiculous thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: EPC FAN
I am a 48 year old father to two wonderful girls and married to an amazing wife. But I am just crazy about Barkley. Obviously don't REALLY know him. But from what we can see about him, just seems like a flat out genuine good kid. And oh yeah, he's not a bad football player.
I will tell you this. My wife works with two mothers of Saquon's high school teammates. Both will tell you how popular he was with parents of those teammates. In the petty world of high school sports parents, it is a rare thing. It speaks highly of him, and of his parents.

All that I know is that when we played against Hershel Walker, the best Walker on the field was Walker Lee Ashley and the best back on the field was Curt Warner, who had 177 yds vs. Walker's 103 (on 28 carries).

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
I saw Hershel play.

Idiot.

I am 66 years old...saw Hershel his entire career...douche...he was a fine straight ahead runner...would make a great H back today...excellent receiver out of the backfield within a limited number of plays. It's not nearly the same game today as then.... My original post wasn't referring to RBs from an archaeological dig.. in other words .....fossils... that played a game 30+ years ago with different rules when there were no f'ing 5 stars.

Oh! Then that makes you the idiot old timer! And Rude! And arrogant! I guess we'll all discuss RBs historically along your agenda. Bet you're a real winner with your wife and kids.

Hershel ..for you morons was not a Five ... Four....or any star running back as he pre dates the star ranking system. Same goes for Jim Brown...Doak Walker, etc etc....

If you lack the necessary reading comprehension to understand the subject line please don't post in that thread.... If you want to start a thread about a different subject...please do... Go right ahead. Go ahead and compare the body of work of an 18 year old with that of a retired veteran of the NFL ... I guarantee you I won't waste a second in that ridiculous thread.

You have issues brother. Lighten up Francis!

Hershel Walker
If you lack the necessary reading comprehension to understand the subject line please don't post in that thread.... If you want to start a thread about a different subject...please do... Go right ahead. Go ahead and compare the body of work of an 18 year old with that of a retired veteran of the NFL ... I guarantee you I won't waste a second in that ridiculous thread.[/QUOTE]

Dude... lighten up or you are going to have health issues. I never said that Hershel Walker was a 5 Star, and never referenced his NFL or USFL career. He is/was arguably the best Sophomore RB in the history of college football. I don't keep track of stars like you do, but there are other more recent Running Backs that had amazing Sophomore seasons as well. The thread did say which 5 star, but not specific to his class.

I'm sorry I ruined your thread by having a dissenting opinion, or not following the strict criteria.

Dude... lighten up or you are going to have health issues. I never said that Hershel Walker was a 5 Star, and never referenced his NFL or USFL career. He is/was arguably the best Sophomore RB in the history of college football. I don't keep track of stars like you do, but there are other more recent Running Backs that had amazing Sophomore seasons as well. The thread did say which 5 star, but not specific to his class.

I'm sorry I ruined your thread by having a dissenting opinion, or not following the strict criteria.[/QUOTE]

I'm so confused!!! Who do I hate?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT