ADVERTISEMENT

Haslett's influence?

lostlion

Aug 15, 2007
Does anyone know if any comments have been had that describes any influence Haslett has been able to bring this year?
And if Stoop gets one of the many anticipated HC openings would he be a possible candidate to coach?
I expect much was discussed about this when the job was announced but I haven't seen anything recently or any updates.
Thanks for any insight or information.

"I am thrilled to join the Penn State football family," Haslett said. "James is one of the great, young head coaches in the game today and he is leading this Penn State program in the right direction. The future is very bright for Penn State football and I am excited to be part of it."

I tend to think he was brought in as an insurance policy. Shoop getting a HC job is a good thing. It shows Franklin understands coaching talent.

I still don't get this notion of what people see to think Haslett is or was a good coach. If Shoop leaves, I would think we can get a better guy then Haslett to run this D.

I tend to think he was brought in as an insurance policy. Shoop getting a HC job is a good thing. It shows Franklin understands coaching talent.

It makes sense that Haslett would be the obvious choice. I would imagine that since Franklin asked Haslett to be a Consultant, he would also ask him to be a Defensive Coordinator if Shoop were to leave....provided Haslett wanted it. There is obviously a relationship there, so why not hire the guy who is obviously qualified and already in-house. The remaining question is: Can Haslett recruit?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT