ADVERTISEMENT

Has Ohio State lost institutional control of their athletic department?

DaTruth Farreal

Nov 30, 2019
Ohio State has now a well established pattern of sexual and physical assaults, kidnapping, violated protection orders, impermissible benefits, stolen money and electronics, destroyed evidence, sex toys in the football offices, an active string of football coaches forced to leave in scandals, and heinous crimes pervasive throughout the athletic department in Ohio State football, wrestling, women's diving, and more. The crimes, cover ups, and cheating has increased in the last couple of years.

In just the past 2 weeks alone we saw an Ohio St WR coach arrested for violating a protection order of a woman he has previously beaten at multiple institutions, a former football player arrested for beating a woman, 2 current football players arrested for rape and kidnapping, and resurfacing of claims of cover ups of the perv doctor's 200+ sexual assaults by Ohio State officials including a coach.

I think they have lost complete control of their athletic department. It is obvious that years of cover up crimes and cheating has lead to almost a belief that they don't have to follow laws or NCAA rules. That is loss of institutional control.

Ohio State has now a well established pattern of sexual and physical assaults, kidnapping, violated protection orders, impermissible benefits, stolen money and electronics, destroyed evidence, sex toys in the football offices, an active string of football coaches forced to leave in scandals, and heinous crimes pervasive throughout the athletic department in Ohio State football, wrestling, women's diving, and more. The crimes, cover ups, and cheating has increased in the last couple of years.

In just the past 2 weeks alone we saw an Ohio St WR coach arrested for violating a protection order of a woman he has previously beaten at multiple institutions, a former football player arrested for beating a woman, 2 current football players arrested for rape and kidnapping, and resurfacing of claims of cover ups of the perv doctor's 200+ sexual assaults by Ohio State officials including a coach.

I think they have lost complete control of their athletic department. It is obvious that years of cover up crimes and cheating has lead to almost a belief that they don't have to follow laws or NCAA rules. That is loss of institutional control.
I have a good friend who is a ultra loyal tOSU fan, but also a terrific person with a high level of integrity and work ethic. Believe it or not he strongly thought the NCAA and B1G treatment of Penn State was egregiously wrong and he highly respects us. I haven’t had a chance to talk with him for awhile, but I would be extremely disappointed if he tried to defend what’s going on and didn’t admit it is embarrassing, shameful and worthy of serious corrective measures with significant to severe level of impact.

Reactions: DaTruth Farreal
During a previous bad act in buckeye land, someone on Twitter asked if the Buckeyes were the most corrupt Football program. LeCharles Bentley, the esteemed genius, quickly said Penn State and got lots of support.

Sorry LeCharles - GS was a one-off. Your alma mater is constantly mired in sewage.

Reactions: Dzapper
I would like to thank Marshall for the idea of actually doing something about the widespread abuse of students and women at Ohio State.

I will give OSU credit for the fact that their Coaches, AD, and Admin are all on the same page and support the major sports unilaterally. They are “all in,” Unlike PSU.

PSU Ad and Admin just seems like the equivalent of circa. 1990 Chrysler compared to the OSU and UM.

Delany and Emmert will be on campus tomorrow to sort it all out. Delany will just be a consultant to Emmert they will get it all cleaned up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dzapper
Might be time to start making phone calls to prevent more sexual and physical assaults of students at Ohio St. Ohio State is proving themselves in the last couple of weeks to be a danger to the public and in particular students and women.

NCAA 317-917-6222
ESPN 888-549-3776
CNN 404-827-1500 https://www.cnn.com/feedback
NBC http://www.nbcnews.com/id/10285339/t/contact-nbc-news/
FOX https://help.foxnews.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Calling all of them up tomorrow morning. We need to band together against those cheating suckeyes !!! Go Blue ! Go Jim !

I won't go as far as saying they are a rogue program or that they're worthy of sanctions. What I will say is that they have a different philosophical approach to student athletics than we do and that approach has a higher risk of violating the spirit of amateur athletics and ncaa rules and regulations.

I find PSU to be one of the best examples of the power of college athletics. I can not say the same for O$U.

During a previous bad act in buckeye land, someone on Twitter asked if the Buckeyes were the most corrupt Football program. LeCharles Bentley, the esteemed genius, quickly said Penn State and got lots of support.

Sorry LeCharles - GS was a one-off. Your alma mater is constantly mired in sewage.
I saw someone make a comment online the other day denigrating Penn State and Joe Paterno and citing the Paterno movie as their evidence

Just Win Baby - Everything else is just noise

I always used to say that "Ohio State was an SEC school playing in the B1G" .... meaning that they had the "just win" mind-set of many SEC schools compared to B1G programs.

But I'd have to say, that Ohio State may be more about "just win" than the majority of SEC schools.

I would like to thank Marshall for the idea of actually doing something about the widespread abuse of students and women at Ohio State.
You are quite welcome. The phone #s you published have been "jammed" for hours with Penn State Fans expressing their concerns about Ohio State. Surely severe punitive action is imminent. :D

tOSU is the future of college sports- more money spent on facilities, coaching salaries, recruiting, athlete lounges and resort level meal plans- if you support this shit, then don't look at any one program, look in the mirror.

tOSU is the future of college sports- more money spent on facilities, coaching salaries, recruiting, athlete lounges and resort level meal plans- if you support this shit, then don't look at any one program, look in the mirror.
I'm good with as much money a school is willing to invest in their programs as long as it is supported financially.

I'm not good with Ohio State's constant stream of NCAA infractions with light or no penalties and a horrific barrage of lawlessness that has resulted in hundreds of known sexual and physical assaults by football players, coaches (football, diving), and perv doctors all covered up by a complicit in crime administration.

Ohio State has been covering up crime so much that it no longer appears that anyone in their athletic department (coaches or athletes) even have a healthy fear of the law. Obviously anything goes. It is more than just a loss of institutional control at this point, it is conditioning their athletes, coaches, and medical staff to expect to get away with anything.

Unfortunately it is mostly students and battered women who are among the hundreds if not thousands of victims. Their record over the last 2 weeks indicates the pervasiveness of Ohio State heinous crimes is at a crisis level and the public is really not safe from the Ohio State athletic department.

Reactions: odshowtime

This is what we're up against. That said, Sandy's got this.

You know where their priorities lie when university president Gee said of Tressel, "I hope he doesn't fire me."

I'm good with as much money a school is willing to invest in their programs as long as it is supported financially.

I'm not good with Ohio State's constant stream of NCAA infractions with light or no penalties and a horrific barrage of lawlessness that has resulted in hundreds of known sexual and physical assaults by football players, coaches (football, diving), and perv doctors all covered up by a complicit in crime administration.

Ohio State has been covering up crime so much that it no longer appears that anyone in their athletic department (coaches or athletes) even have a healthy fear of the law. Obviously anything goes. It is more than just a loss of institutional control at this point, it is conditioning their athletes, coaches, and medical staff to expect to get away with anything.

Unfortunately it is mostly students and battered women who are among the hundreds if not thousands of victims. Their record over the last 2 weeks indicates the pervasiveness of Ohio State heinous crimes is at a crisis level and the public is really not safe from the Ohio State athletic department.

Contrast that to Penn State where if a football player does something as minor as taking a bicycle from inside a dumpster, it's a major news story. The torch/pitch fork crowd then beat the drum to have him thrown off the team then tarred and feathered on Old Main lawn. (OK, I made the last part up.)

the NCAA will never again.. I repeat never again investigate a school or level sanctions against them based on criminal
Conduct of its athletes and what many may see as “ Loss of Institutional Contol”,,,it’s just not going to happen.

it’s not going to happen with OSU.. not with MSU.. hell it didn’t even happen with UNC.. others ie Louisville.. UConn a slap on the wrist.

It a perfect storm for PSU during Sandusky Crimes... Tabloid Journalism at its height.. a very weak and cowardice administration..a morally corrupt and power hungry NCAA led by an over zealous leader in Mark Emmett who wanted greater control of college spirts through his organization.. an ex FBI head seeking really a larger contract through the NCAA who provides an almost sinister report .. just a sad situation all the way around.

But the NCAA will not do anything like that again., they overstepped their boundaries and are hanging by a thread...

May Emmett , old guard BOT , Delaney the coward , ex MSU President , and every journalist out there who were after ratings regardless of the truth during that time.., “‘Rot in Hell” for eternity.,,

It is just like any other university, when you let in students that really don't qualify, what do you expect?

Contrast that to Penn State where if a football player does something as minor as taking a bicycle from inside a dumpster, it's a major news story. The torch/pitch fork crowd then beat the drum to have him thrown off the team then tarred and feathered on Old Main lawn. (OK, I made the last part up.)
One contributing factor is that Columbus is a much bigger city with more actual news to report. State College is a smaller, more sleepy town (not necessarily bad) without a lot of real news outside of PSU happenings. News outlets can fill the time by following the high profile football team around and waiting for them to do something they deem noteworthy.

One contributing factor is that Columbus is a much bigger city with more actual news to report. State College is a smaller, more sleepy town (not necessarily bad) without a lot of real news outside of PSU happenings. News outlets can fill the time by following the high profile football team around and waiting for them to do something they deem noteworthy.
And the Columbus police are all fanboys. They waited a week to arrest Reip and Wint despite having a very incriminating video in their possession. They probably had to check through the athletic department to ask if it was OK to arrest them.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
I'm surprised the OSU tinfoil hat squad hasn't descended on this thread. Even they must have accepted this as the truth.

And the Columbus police are all fanboys. They waited a week to arrest Reip and Wint despite having a very incriminating video in their possession. They probably had to check through the athletic department to ask if it was OK to arrest them.

ryan day runs the place.

I'm surprised the OSU tinfoil hat squad hasn't descended on this thread. Even they must have accepted this as the truth.

Tosu athletic supporters are upset that they lost to clemson in the playoff despite a culture that removed all institutional obstacles to Tosu's success on the field.

If you are legitimately concerned about the hundreds of sexual and physical assault victims of Ohio State athletics (players, coaches, and medical staff), below are a few good places to voice your concern for the victims and perhaps affect change that may prevent future assaults. If anyone would like to share others, feel free. A poster told me I didn't care because I hadn't personally done anything to stop it. Well, join me in sharing our concerns.

nbcnewsarchives@nbcuni.com
customercare@cnbc.com
tips@reuters.com
PR@bleacherreport.com
support@espn.go.com
tips@cnn.com
nytnews@nytimes.com
tips@nypost.com
tips@latimes.com
metro@washpost.com
whistleblower@startribune.com
newstips@newsday.com
tips@boston.com
investigations@npr.org
news.tips@abc.com
investigates@cbsnews.com
scoops@huffpost.com

How about their “investigation” of Chase Young” taking money. Never heard “boo” about the facts of what really happened. They just walked away from that one and somehow the media gives them a pass.

How about their “investigation” of Chase Young” taking money. Never heard “boo” about the facts of what really happened. They just walked away from that one and somehow the media gives them a pass.
What's different about Ohio State isn't illegal benefits to their athletes. Half of the SEC is doing that at Ohio State's level. It is combining that with a level of crime so pervasive that it touches (literally) students and women from just about every Ohio State program and the offenders are not just players but coaches (several) and medical staff.

The number, frequency, and severity of crimes in Ohio State's athletic department has to be conditioned. This isn't one bad egg here or there. It is bad eggs from every corner of their athletic department and from every level. It is a lawless organization. The way this is conditioned is by having cover up after cover up with no consequences to lawless behavior. Just the incidents that we have heard of that have not been successfully covered up are appalling, imagine how much has been successfully covered up.

I mean who has coaches ordering thousands of dollars of sex toys to their football offices and thinks that is acceptable? Who has athletes arrested with a car full of weapons running from the mob? Who has coaches deleting years worth of texts while claiming they have no memory only to land a position with the school teaching principles to others? Who hires coaches that they know from previous coaching stints that beat their wives? What program has all of this and over 200 sexual assault cases of student athletes that have come forward from a doctor whose crimes were being covered up for decades by the administration?

It is the well established pattern of heinous crimes, cheating, and cover ups from every level and every corner of Ohio State athletics that makes it different. Incidents happen all over the country. But Ohio State has become a crime factory where it appears to be accepted and covered up time and time again. What other institution can claim that they had a coach, a former athlete, and 2 current athletes arrested in relation to sexual and physical assaults in about a weeks time while a decades long cover up of a doctor sexually abusing students resurfaces in connection to those covering it up?

It's lawlessness. Ohio State is a lawless institution at this point. Those who support it in any way are knowingly supporting systematic sexual and physical assault on top of the cheating and cover ups. This is what Ohio State has become. They are a crime organization. Any organization with that record would be described as the same.

What's different about Ohio State isn't illegal benefits to their athletes. Half of the SEC is doing that at Ohio State's level. It is combining that with a level of crime so pervasive that it touches (literally) students and women from just about every Ohio State program and the offenders are not just players but coaches (several) and medical staff.

The number, frequency, and severity of crimes in Ohio State's athletic department has to be conditioned. This isn't one bad egg here or there. It is bad eggs from every corner of their athletic department and from every level. It is a lawless organization. The way this is conditioned is by having cover up after cover up with no consequences to lawless behavior. Just the incidents that we have heard of that have not been successfully covered up are appalling, imagine how much has been successfully covered up.

I mean who has coaches ordering thousands of dollars of sex toys to their football offices and thinks that is acceptable? Who has athletes arrested with a car full of weapons running from the mob? Who has coaches deleting years worth of texts while claiming they have no memory only to land a position with the school teaching principles to others? Who hires coaches that they know from previous coaching stints that beat their wives? What program has all of this and over 200 sexual assault cases of student athletes that have come forward from a doctor whose crimes were being covered up for decades by the administration?

It is the well established pattern of heinous crimes, cheating, and cover ups from every level and every corner of Ohio State athletics that makes it different. Incidents happen all over the country. But Ohio State has become a crime factory where it appears to be accepted and covered up time and time again. What other institution can claim that they had a coach, a former athlete, and 2 current athletes arrested in relation to sexual and physical assaults in about a weeks time while a decades long cover up of a doctor sexually abusing students resurfaces in connection to those covering it up?

It's lawlessness. Ohio State is a lawless institution at this point. Those who support it in any way are knowingly supporting systematic sexual and physical assault on top of the cheating and cover ups. This is what Ohio State has become. They are a crime organization. Any organization with that record would be described as the same.
Agree with everything you say !!!! A renegade school. Burn them down. Michigan and PSU fans need to unite and get rid of the scarlet scourge !!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT