ADVERTISEMENT

Happy 70th birthday to Peter Frampton

I always liked Humble Pie and their "30 days in the hole" song. Peter, unfortunately, was diagnosed with a progressive nervous/muscle degenerative problem called "IBM' and gave up touring last year.

Peter Frampton had left Humble Pie at the time of that song and album, Smokin’. His last Humble Pie album was Rockin’ The Filmore. Frampton was replaced by Clem Clempson.

best know Frampton Humble Pie song

Reactions: NovaPSULuvr
Peter Frampton had left Humble Pie at the time of that song and album, Smokin’. His last Humble Pie album was Rockin’ The Filmore. Frampton was replaced by Clem Clempson.

best know Frampton Humble Pie song

you are correct. I saw reference to him, HP and that song but it did not overtly say they were one and the same. I'll delete my post.

"Do you feel like I do?" Peter Frampton. I hope the audience answered no, as Peter is in quite a bit of muscle pain....he commented that he is quitting touring because he cannot life his guitar and case over his head to put in the airplane bin. Somehow his fingers are still working.....but age/disease are still undefeated. Love Peter in Humble Pie and of course his LIVE Album.....first album purchase as a young lad.

Always enjoyed his music. I saw him playing lead for David Bowie on the Glass Spider Tour in '87 at Vet Stadium. At one point of the show he played the opening to DYFLWD and the place went crazy, just a tease though. Saw Peter a couple times in 2010 when he opened up for Yes, always a good performance.

Peter Frampton, Yes and Gary Wright at JFK in 1976.

Yes-JFK.jpg

I saw him at Bloomsburg back in the 70's. He opened for Poco. I think it was right before Frampton Comes Alive was released.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT