ADVERTISEMENT

Haines at #2

Ian

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
State College, Pa
Do you know how rare it is for a true freshmen to be a #1 or #2 ?

As best as I can research, Steiber and Cox were #2's... Haines is in rarified air. Snyder, Lee, Brooks (2020 did seed), Yani were #3's

Speaking of seeds, is there any site that has historical data on seeds and results for the wrestlers?

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Do you know how rare it is for a true freshmen to be a #1 or #2 ?

As best as I can research, Steiber and Cox were #2's... Haines is in rarified air. Snyder, Lee, Brooks (2020 did seed), Yani were #3's

Speaking of seeds, is there any site that has historical data on seeds and results for the wrestlers?
Dustin Schlatter was #1 seed in 2006 and won.

OK, I'll bite! What is incriculent? It isn't a word that I found.
It's a word Joe Starkey uses on his sports talk show in Pittsburgh. They been playing on this word for a long time now....has people from all walks of life using it from teachers to sanitation workers. Lol. I think he's even got the Pirates manager using it now. Fans of the show are making a push to get it in the dictionary. Lol

Reactions: Antaeus and danoftw
It's a word Joe Starkey uses on his sports talk show in Pittsburgh. They been playing on this word for a long time now....has people from all walks of life using it from teachers to sanitation workers. Lol. I think he's even got the Pirates manager using it now. Fans of the show are making a push to get it in the dictionary. Lol
Too funny. Thanks!

Reactions: johnstownsteel
He first used it describing the multi lateral kickoff return Cal used to run through the Standford kickoff team and about a 100 band members to score the winning touchdown.

Like I said it’s rarified air that Levi is inhaling. He’s leading Caels gen4 group.

Gen1 was Ruth and Taylor, then came Nolf and Nickel, now it’s Brooks and Starocci…

Others (Wright, Frank, Nico, Brown, Zain, Cenzo, Hall, Ant, Lee, RBY, Dean) have certainly contributed but these duos were/are the foundation.

Who will align with Haines or is he a Zain? Meant to stand on his own.

Reactions: hlstone
Levi 's progress to date is nothing short of incriculent!!!

Never heard it before, and we live in the 'Burgh part-time. Looked it up too, appears there's an "nk" in there somewhere.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Like I said it’s rarified air that Levi is inhaling. He’s leading Caels gen4 group.

Gen1 was Ruth and Taylor, then came Nolf and Nickel, now it’s Brooks and Starocci…

Others (Wright, Frank, Nico, Brown, Zain, Cenzo, Hall, Ant, Lee, RBY, Dean) have certainly contributed but these duos were/are the foundation.

Who will align with Haines or is he a Zain? Meant to stand on his own.
Haines and SVN or I lean maybe to Haines and Barr

It's hard not to call the second wave a trio. Zain, Nolf and Bo overlapped too much to separate.

I think the 3rd wave is solidly underway with Levi 'Zaines' as the cornerstone.

Wave 4 with Barr, Sealy and Ryder (1-2 more names to be added soon).

Reactions: mcpat
Brooks and Starocci are both 2x champs going for their 3rd in three attempts this year. RBY is their Zain. Levi is their Hall.

Reactions: bwfight and PSUeng
Pretty amazing.

Might need some help here to verify but I believe that Cael has had at least one champ in every recruiting class but one since coming to PSU, 2010-2020.

The only exception is 2013. You could argue 2012, too, although Brown came in with that class as a transfer.

Will there be one from the 2021 (SVN/AF) and 2022 (Levi) classes?

Reactions: mcpat
The more I look at our pipeline the more, the more my eyes glaze over with glee. Mine are not the only eyes looking either.

I think as a counter, the Ferraris to Iowa has to happen. Not to mention, tOSU likely knocking Iowa out of the #2 slot in the next few years with their pipeline.

The temptation is just too great for the Tasmanian devil's to overlook. No doubt those addition(s) will immediately boost them into the conversation, but I almost can't wait for the pile of garbage that drafts in their wake.

Mark my words, if AJ is included as a part of a package deal, that transaction might ultimately prove to be Brands' undoing.

The more I look at our pipeline the more, the more my eyes glaze over with glee. Mine are not the only eyes looking either.

I think as a counter, the Ferraris to Iowa has to happen. Not to mention, tOSU likely knocking Iowa out of the #2 slot in the next few years with their pipeline.

The temptation is just too great for the Tasmanian devil's to overlook. No doubt those addition(s) will immediately boost them into the conversation, but I almost can't wait for the pile of garbage that drafts in their wake.

Mark my words, if AJ is included as a part of a package deal, that transaction might ultimately prove to be Brands' undoing.

I think the Brands would make a deal with the Devil to try to beat Cael & Co. again.

Has there been any update on AJ and his court case? Haven’t heard anything for a bit. I can see the 2 younger Ferrari’s going to Iowa but AJ is a different situation obviously. If he gets off (legal wise) I’m sure schools will take him in. It will be interesting to see what happens

It's hard not to call the second wave a trio. Zain, Nolf and Bo overlapped too much to separate.

I think the 3rd wave is solidly underway with Levi 'Zaines' as the cornerstone.

Wave 4 with Barr, Sealy and Ryder (1-2 more names to be added soon).
Yeah but after that Penn State's run is over. -Iowa Fans

Is the 2nd c an s sound or a k sound? I don’t want to appear ignorant by mispronouncing a made up word 😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT