ADVERTISEMENT

Hackenberg

Yes, I never thought Goff was worthy of his rating. You can hammer me in 5 years if I'm wrong.
Hey, you could end up being right. There's no doubt I view Goff through blue and gold goggles, so I hope you are wrong. My more specific point, though, was that the few NFL practices Goff and Hack have had to date are too small a sample size to base any kind of prediction on them.

Hey, you could end up being right. There's no doubt I view Goff through blue and gold goggles, so I hope you are wrong. My more specific point, though, was that the few NFL practices Goff and Hack have had to date are too small a sample size to base any kind of prediction on them.
For your sake, I hope I'm wrong too...lol.

Here is a summary from a different source HIT THE LINK - note that the 9 slides (especially Slide 7 "Still sailing passes") point out the exact same thing as the article in OP. Read all 9 slides very interesting and good stuff (there is a blank one at about 7 that you need to skip trhough to get to the last 3).

THIS LINK also has some useful stuff, although not as much as the first one above imho.

Donovan was, by a pretty significant margin, a worse coach than Hand. We'll see it this fall, but both Donovan's schemes and his player development as the Tight Ends Coach were far, far below what we should have at this level of football and was the largest impediment to our success over the last two seasons. He was blamed for our offensive failures because he was to blame for most of our offensive failures, not because he was a scapegoat. Case in point: Hand is still an offensive line coach in the P5; Donovan could only get a job as a glorified film cutter for the Jaguars.

You really think the scheme Donovan was running was his own??? LMAO, those were CJF offensive scheme as well as the blocking schemes Hand was running. Now JD may not have been a genius when it came to play calling, but after the first couple of games CJF announced he was going to be more active in the play calling and the results were??? 5 straight losses to close out the season. Now we do have to give CJF some credit after 2 dismal years of his scheme he finally realize it wasn't working the tossed his whole offense out the door and brought in a new offense/offensive coordinator. Too bad Hack can't get those 80+ sacks back.

You really think the scheme Donovan was running was his own??? LMAO, those were CJF offensive scheme as well as the blocking schemes Hand was running. Now JD may not have been a genius when it came to play calling, but after the first couple of games CJF announced he was going to be more active in the play calling and the results were??? 5 straight losses to close out the season. Now we do have to give CJF some credit after 2 dismal years of his scheme he finally realize it wasn't working the tossed his whole offense out the door and brought in a new offense/offensive coordinator. Too bad Hack can't get those 80+ sacks back.

Too funny, yea it had nothing to do with the awful and depleted roster FLO left especially on the OL....whatever you say Lombardi, LMFAO....

So will next year's offense be Franklin's too? What about the defense over the past two years - were those Franklin's too? Or will we only be willing to blame Franklin when a personnel group isn't performing well, and won't give credit when a scheme works? (like the 2014 and 2015 defenses, and what I expect for the 2016 offense)

Instead, I think Franklin is exactly what he says he is: the program CEO, the top recruiter, and the person who sets the overall tone, culture, and direction of the program. That means necessarily that his success is driven significantly on the success and ability of his coordinators. Donovan was just a bad one, and Shoop was a good one - and the results reflected that.

Hack was uneven at PSU. By the end of his freshman season in the Wisconsin game, it looked to me like he had passed McGloin. He had occasional very solid games since : South Florida, OSU and BC in 2014, Rutgers and Illinois in 2015. He didn't really develop as a passer under JF. Certainly, that had a lot to do with the OL woes, the loss of Robinson and a confused offensive system that needed a run capable QB.
I just hope he gets with the right team eventually. I don't have confidence the Jets are the " right team " for any QB.

So will next year's offense be Franklin's too? What about the defense over the past two years - were those Franklin's too? Or will we only be willing to blame Franklin when a personnel group isn't performing well, and won't give credit when a scheme works? (like the 2014 and 2015 defenses, and what I expect for the 2016 offense)

Instead, I think Franklin is exactly what he says he is: the program CEO, the top recruiter, and the person who sets the overall tone, culture, and direction of the program. That means necessarily that his success is driven significantly on the success and ability of his coordinators. Donovan was just a bad one, and Shoop was a good one - and the results reflected that.

Well if you want to take the "CEO" approach then CJF owns everything including the clusterf'k recruiting effort at the end of last recruiting cycle and the negative recruiting against his coaching ability will continue to be effective.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT