ADVERTISEMENT

Hack aticle: It says his accuracy sux! Well, we all knew that. Right?

Sorry, the Temple loss was on Hack. Already up 10-0, he twice badly overthrew wide open receivers that would have extended the lead to 17-0 & 24-0.

Then at the end of the 3rd quarter tied 10-10, he threw an awful interception in the flat that set up Temple at the PSU 2 yd line. One play later, 17-10 Temple and it was game set and match.

Perhaps the worst game of his PSU career.
Wrong. So tired of stupid people posting stuff without any understanding of the game.

Wrong. So tired of stupid people posting stuff without any understanding of the game.

That is one of the all time great game reviews I've ever seen. Such a great review for people that love X's and O's. And forgot how bad Paris Palmer was (and I just love the kid). Also, Mangio didn't pick up the delayed blitz by the MLB all day. I think their MLB ended up getting 4, 5 or 6 sacks. He was an all american and I think he got that against PSU. Mangiro and Palmer were just awful.

And, at the end of the year, the OC and OLC were both sacked.

That is one of the all time great game reviews I've ever seen. Such a great review for people that love X's and O's. And forgot how bad Paris Palmer was (and I just love the kid). Also, Mangio didn't pick up the delayed blitz by the MLB all day. I think their MLB ended up getting 4, 5 or 6 sacks. He was an all american and I think he got that against PSU. Mangiro and Palmer were just awful.

And, at the end of the year, the OC and OLC were both sacked.

Hang on.. you are freely aloud to say other players that came to Penn State in a difficult time and stayed are awful, but Hack is treated with kid gloves? I don't get it....all I hear is how everyone is tearing down Hack....a millionaire NFL player, but our O-line and all of those kids that gave their heart and soul to get their rear ends kicked every Saturday are fair game?

Reactions: Mixolydian
This is so true.

What I always resented was that Coach Franklin always seemed to take the blame for Hack's regression. I'll never forget the game in Baltimore against UMd and Hack thru a five yard screen pass two yards into the ground. When it happened I just shook my head.

It wasnt CJF's fault Hack threw all those incompletions, and that whole time he never once criticized Hack in public when many coaches in the same situation would have. I remember thinking at the time Hack would regret not thanking his coach, it was a big mistake.

I was at that game as well and remember that horrific throw. I also remember him laying in a beautiful ball to Geno Lewis for a TD and thinking damn where did that come from. It appeared to be mental with him all the tools and intangibles were there.

I was at that game as well and remember that horrific throw. I also remember him laying in a beautiful ball to Geno Lewis for a TD and thinking damn where did that come from. It appeared to be mental with him all the tools and intangibles were there.

Really it's mental with all of them. At the major college level they all have strong arms, they're all among the top 1% of HS quarterbacks. Success is about being able to read defenses, make decisions super fast and physical execution -- and all of that involves the brain. I never really quite got the pessimism about Hack because he was always an intelligent guy, a film guy, and he didn't lack physical courage -- he would hang in and take a pounding. You can correct throwing accuracy; you can't correct the inability to see the field read defenses and make quick decisions.

Look at McSorley -- the guy is just so quick in everything he does. His whole game is quickness -- and it starts with mental quickness. The quick feet give him a huge advantage over big lumbering guys like Hack -- but he is going to have more difficulty seeing over his offensive tackles. I think for college you'd take that tradeoff but in the NFL you can't -- size is really necessary.

You realize that the 2001 PSU team was complete garbage and that if you actually look at supporting casts Mill's Freshman year he had nothing like the O-Line or Wr's or coaching that Hack had...not even close.

Ok. We disagree as to who had the better freshman year? Or better supporting cast? Or support from that supporting cast?

Mills and Hack had among the best freshman seasons for a PSU QB. Do we at least agree on that?

You may think Hack's supporting cast was better. In some areas, maybe it's arguable but IMHO Mills had the better RB support. Both had at least decent WR talent. 2 completely different systems. Hack threw close to twice as many balls and had more completions than Mills had attempts. Much more was needed of Hack and the team won more games.
Allen Robinson was a great receiver and that helped. Jesse James had a good year too. But the rest of the receivers/TEs in 2013 really weren't great, especially when Mills had Tony Johnson, Bryant Johnson and John Gilmore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT