ADVERTISEMENT

Ha, Brands just pulled a Ryan

Didn't want to embarrass Robin Ficker anymore than need be.. Was Ficker afraid to show up or what?! ;)

Reactions: JimNazium
In a related note, I just heard that Scottie Parker is 'dinged up', and will not go for Lehigh this afternoon against Drexel. So we won't get to see Parker vs DeSanto until later. Too bad.

In a related note, I just heard that Scottie Parker is 'dinged up', and will not go for Lehigh this afternoon against Drexel. So we won't get to see Parker vs DeSanto until later. Too bad.
Parker didn't wrestle against Penn earlier today.

Had to save Stoll for when they need him.

I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or if you're serious, but given that you're a Hawk, I'll assume serious. Is Stoll still banged up? No offense to you minnhawkeye, but I can't wait to see Nevills thump Stoll this year if given the chance.

Had to save Stoll for when they need him.
Well, Stoll has already had a tight match with #20 or so. A loss today could have hurt his NCAA seeding, unless of course he were to go on and win BIG10'S. ;) Hey, we surely don't know where he's at physically, so maybe Tommy gets a pass on this one.

I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or if you're serious, but given that you're a Hawk, I'll assume serious. Is Stoll still banged up? No offense to you minnhawkeye, but I can't wait to see Nevills thump Stoll this year if given the chance.

The PSUI/Iowa match will likely be will out of hand by the time Stoll would be up. Don't think we'll see Stoll wrestle.

I will say that watching Stoll on the mat at halftime on Friday, he had a very noticeable limp. I don't think he is fully healthy.

Reactions: diggerpup
Information from a insider told me awhile ago that
Sam did tweak it some in his last match so the reason they
did what they did today..Sad to say he will need some luck
to maybe make it all season.
Big man will same knee problem and surgey in 2 years just can only hope.

I'm willing to give Brands a pass on this one, especially if it looks like Stoll may have tweaked something last weekend. Probably 50%-50% he makes it through the season.

Reactions: minnhawkeye
I'm willing to give Brands a pass on this one, especially if it looks like Stoll may have tweaked something last weekend. Probably 50%-50% he makes it through the season.
Let's hope he isn't hurt, that kid deserves a healthy run.

Absolutely give brands a pass if he's anything but a 100%.

It was definitely the same knee troubling him on Friday night.

And BoJo ducked Skatza, Indiana's best wrestler. However, the OP had better delete this thread before the Penn State-Rutgers duals.

Seriously though, I wish him well.

Reactions: minnhawkeye
I would give Brands a pass if he could explain the decision honestly. But this is what he said (per University of Iowa Sports Information, posted by InterMat):

"Forfeiting heavyweight was my call. I'm sure it's not popular with the fans, but it's one of those things where you do the right thing. It's early December. There is no issue with Stoll."

There is no issue with Stoll. So the right thing to do is forfeit. Yeah, I'll buy that. :rolleyes:

Just say he needed a break. Everyone who doesn't live in a cave knows his injury history. What is there to protect by saying otherwise?

Ok, I'll take the bait Jammenz. What Penn State wrestler would duck anyone from Rutgers?
Only possibility I can think of is Cenzo and Lewis. Eyeroll emoji.

The protecting-Stoll's-seed argument makes no sense. Stoll's looked good but hasn't wrestled anyone ranked near him, and if he can't beat Hemida, who he's majored before, he's not going anywhere in March. Plus, what is he protecting--a 10 seed? Also, the injury explanation seems plausible--when you're that big a serious knee injury never fully goes away..

Reactions: diggerpup
I would give Brands a pass if he could explain the decision honestly. But this is what he said (per University of Iowa Sports Information, posted by InterMat):

"Forfeiting heavyweight was my call. I'm sure it's not popular with the fans, but it's one of those things where you do the right thing. It's early December. There is no issue with Stoll."

There is no issue with Stoll. So the right thing to do is forfeit. Yeah, I'll buy that. :rolleyes:

Just say he needed a break. Everyone who doesn't live in a cave knows his injury history. What is there to protect by saying otherwise?
I'll start a thread titled, "Iowa staff's approach to injury disclosures."

Well, Stoll has already had a tight match with #20 or so. A loss today could have hurt his NCAA seeding, unless of course he were to go on and win BIG10'S. ;) Hey, we surely don't know where he's at physically, so maybe Tommy gets a pass on this one.
A guy who has had the last two seasons screwed up due to a bum knre is a kid i am all for giving a pass. There is no way for us to know what kind of limitations he may or may not have. He certainly looked sturdy enough Friday night.

Tom,

As LMS was brought up, can I still get in? Sorry for the delay but I wanted to do proper research and it took me until this weekend to reread the Suriano summer threads! :rolleyes:

As LMS was brought up, can I still get in? Sorry for the delay but I wanted to do proper research and it took me until this weekend to reread the Suriano summer threads! :rolleyes:

now that's some funny stuff. alas, a deadline is a deadline

He certainly looked sturdy enough Friday night.

Not during half-time. When he was walking around the mat, he had a very pronounced limp. You could see that the knee was really bothering him.

Forfeiting is *always* the right thing to do. :rolleyes: Luckily, I lost almost all respect for Brands a long time ago, or I might be upset.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT