ADVERTISEMENT

guess where Edmond Ruth is transferring

I understand that, but I think if you compare sophomore Edmond to sophomore Ed, they are at least equal prospects at that point in their development. The reality is that Ed far surpassed what I think anyone thought his ceiling was in college.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Ed, but Edmond really surprised me this year. He's a heck of a prospect, but unfortunately I don't think he ends up at PSU (or tOSU) for that matter. Pay attention to Cornell.

Iirc Cornell doesn't offer scholarships.

That's not to say that they might not have some ways to offer some financial assistance.

If anyone has some clarifying comments on the topic, fire away.

Was Ed even considered a blue chip prospect? Right now his brother is a better prospect than he was. Sure, using hindsight we can say we don't think Edmond is a 3X NCAA champ, but when Ed was a sophomore in high school he was definitely not as successful as his brother. Ed never even won a PIAA championship in his three years in PA.

So far Edmond is a better prospect than high school sophomore Ed Ruth.

I think Ed established himself as a top tier recruit early in his senior year when he knocked off Chris Phillips and Ethen Lofthouse to win Ironman. At the time, his win over Phillips was big news.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT